Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slaists guide to RTW 2 politics

Default Re: Slaists guide to RTW 2 politics (game version: patch 6)

Something I noticed. I know it works for the beginning of the game, though I'm not sure about later in the game. Any new general candidate in your own faction that costs -4 Senators should have a +3 ambition. Candidates with -3 Senators have +2 ambition and candidates with -2 Senators have +1 ambition. So this will be a good indicator which generals in your own faction are the best to have.

I've noticed it's easier to get the head of each House to have a leader of +3 ambition. Why? Because it seems whom ever has the higher ambition at the beginning of the game, they're automatically shuffled to the lead position. This will allow you to hire or adopt any new member that also has a +3 ambition. I haven't tested this, but I think promotions supersede ambition. I'm thinking if you have 2 members with the same promotions, then the one with the higher ambition will take lead.

Whats the best way to use Other House members? Are you still trying to keep their influence low?
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; 01-04-2014 at 20:37.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

The main thing about opposition is to try to keep their gravitas gain at minimum; especially for high ambition characters. The absolute level of Gravitas itself does not seem to matter; just the ambition weighted cumulative gain (for both factions) in each turn

LOL, anybody seen "evil mother in law" ancillary since patch 9? It seems, CA has removed it.

Can you please tell me how can i change retainers por remove them or transfer them to another general?... in my patch 9 every barbarian campaign my generals tend to get likes greeks trait which gives me +2 hellenic culture and 2% research rate and if there is any way how to get rid of it i will appreciate that but otherwise nic politic guide my next campaign will be more focused on politics based on your guide ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Matulko33333 View Post
    Can you please tell me how can i change retainers por remove them or transfer them to another general?... in my patch 9 every barbarian campaign my generals tend to get likes greeks trait which gives me +2 hellenic culture and 2% research rate and if there is any way how to get rid of it i will appreciate that but otherwise nic politic guide my next campaign will be more focused on politics based on your guide ;)

In the general's interface, click on the retainer. You will have an option either to remove it (this will put he retainer in your available retainer pool in one turn) or to replace it with another if you have any in the pool.

Oh im sorry its my fault ... actually i didnt meant retainer but traits ... is there any way how to remove bad ones or at least how can i avoid bad ones such as hellenic culture influence one which i mentioned earlier or one of my general has "Homely" -1 authority ... so is there any way how to remove them or replace them or just avoid them?...Or its random?

Quote Originally Posted by Matulko33333 View Post
    Oh im sorry its my fault ... actually i didnt meant retainer but traits ... is there any way how to remove bad ones or at least how can i avoid bad ones such as hellenic culture influence one which i mentioned earlier or one of my general has "Homely" -1 authority ... so is there any way how to remove them or replace them or just avoid them?...Or its random?
    Nope, traits are there to stay. Have to live with them. Ancillaries is the only thing one can swap.

thx very much :)

Added a little update to highlight the part about patch 15 that seems to make the biggest difference in terms of politics.

How do you deal with Satrapies when playing the Arche Selucids ? Their armies operate independently, sometimes conflicting with your own strategies. Sometimes they take cities within provinces that you require.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12