Thread: In Memoriam

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default In Memoriam

You existed in a world I wouldn't ever understand. The farmboy who earned his way into school with parents who didn't grasp the outside world. The rural man who wouldn't, couldn't permit himself to partake in a life of leisure. There was so much to this world, and somehow you knew and understood so much of it while under the guise of the country bumkin. You understood that the world wasn't the kind place you wanted it to be, yet you never gave up on the ineffable human spirit. In spite of the tragedy, the dishonesty, and the callousness you witnessed, you held faith that people were fundamentally good. Now I have no choice but to do my best to help create the world you hoped for. A loyal son, a kind man, and an iron-backed father who supported his sons even when we failed him. Dad, I don't know where you are, but I hope it's a place deserving of your kindness and generosity.

Rest in peace, Donald Schlichte. You really were too good for this world.

And now I have to figure out how to tell my grandparents they'll have to bury their son....
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Default Re: In Memoriam

issaikhaan, I'm sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
    This space intentionally left blank

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

My condoleances.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

So sorry to hear this.

My deepest condolences, 'khaan.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

My sincere condolences issaikhaan.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    A loyal son, a kind man, and an iron-backed father who supported his sons even when we failed him.
    You didn't, and you won't. Trust me.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I am sorry for your loss.

My condolences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

I too would like to offer my condolences, 'Khaan.
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

My condolences, khaan.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

My thoughts and prayers with you and yours.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    You didn't, and you won't. Trust me.
    Well said. 'khaan's comment in a moment of grief echo with each generation of sons who lose a father. Been there, done that, understand the emotion.

The failures, if any, are part of growing and becoming -- which his father will have known but (following true to type) probably left unsaid.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

My condolences issaikhaan to you and your family.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

My condolences khaan.

My condolences khaan, to you and your family.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

My condolences
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

My condolences Khaan.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

My sympathies to you and your family.

Sorry to hear that man. All the best.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Sorry to hear this.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Dark Lord of Sith Member Big Bird Hunting Champion, Squid Hunter Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Fun Surfing Champion Darth Feather's Avatar

My condolences, Khaan.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nathaniël of the mouse guard

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain" - Robert Jordan

The writer of above message is not responsible for any mistakes in the reasoning of said message.