Views:	1456 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	11350

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3660267.jpg 
Views:	956 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	11351

Seems like some factions like Bactria will be patched in with the dlc.

This reminds me of the Penninsular Campaign for Napoleon.

Also supposedly there are also new general types for MP.

3 new factions+ Bactria (As said above) patched in.

~To be honest this is obviously leaked footage~ (From the same people in my previous thread I believe)

Source: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...in-Gaul-quot-)

Posted by the Russian community for TW. (I know that stereotype some are thinking as they read.... )

Discuss.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 12-02-2013 at 20:35.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Member thankful for this post:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Caesar in Gaul DLC

Very interesting. Im wondering if there will be added features that will be added into the main game. Like a family tree!
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Lol video got removed already.

Reminds me of how the leaked intro got removed too.

Edit:

Not to sure about family tree, but with a more focused campaign like this one imo it needs something like that. Perhaps a political tree or something that shows the political members of Rome/ Gallic council with the ability to change roles for each person sort of like Shogun 2's family/general tree jobs. (Building, Tax, Soldiers, etc)
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 12-02-2013 at 00:18.

I found another link, edited OP.

I don't understand a word of Russian but for some reason, I still turned up the volume to hear him better...

Members thankful for this post (2):

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I'm Bulgarian so I understand about 60-70% of spoken Russian. I'll try to translate (take it with a grain of salt - very loose translation!):

Hello everyone. I am about to tell you more details about the first major expansion of Rome II called "Caesar in Gaul" which is expected to finish the closed beta test (using CA beta testers from all around the world) stage any moment now. Following this beta test some screenshots have made it into circulation and I have gotten some myself and I will now share them with you. As you can see the background (of the menu background) is green for this addon and the whole interface has been thematically changed as well. This update will be telling the story of Caesar's conquests in Gaul. Gaul if you don't know, is a kingdom which used to be situated on the territory of modern France. Anyway. This will be an interesting addon for those folk who enjoy single player campaigns. No major changes are expected for multiplayer.

Now on to the first screenshot. Four factions are available in this addon and they each have their own campaigns, as is customary for the total war titles. Now you can see the campaign for Rome, the Avernii, the Suebi and the new faction - Nervii (?). You can see their icon it is a horn on a beige background. Anyway.

The first faction is the Nervii. They hail from the Belgae tribal group (?) and are located in northern Gaul, where modern day Belgium is located. Now you can see the faction description, which is quite interesting.

Translation of faction details:

Citizen Valour - PO bonus for the presence of Gaelic culture (max +4)
    Belgian Asceticism - Trade income from all buildings -50%
    Brave Belgians - + 10% morale when fighting in your own territory or that of your allies.

Rome is the second faction you can see it's bonuses and also the starting position. You can see they start with 5 provinces (I think he means settlements).

Rome faction details:

Cultural Aversion - +25% unrest for the presence of foreign cultures.
    Romanisation + 2 Roman culture spread
    Exemplary Civilization - +10% morale when fighting in neutral or enemy territories.

The same with the Arvernii (Avernii), you can see their bonuses and starting provinces.

Translation of Avernii faction details:

Gaelic Warriors - +10% melee attack in own or allied territories.
    Noble Rivalry - Reduced PO for the presence of Gaelic culture (max -4)
    Gaelic Hegemony - diplomacy bonus with gaelic tribes (same culture)

The last is the Suebi, located in modern Germany, and you can see the details and description.

Translation of Suebi faction details:

Warrior Society - +1 PO for each war with a neighboring faction.
    Limited Agriculture - -50% income from agricultural buildings.
    Germanic Invaders - +10% melee damage when fighting in neutral or enemy territories.

Something interesting in this addon is the new type of general available in multiplayer battles. You will see that Caesar has appeared in the Roman screen. There used to be 3 types of generals, and now we have a fourth one. He has two unique skills:

Translation of skill names:

- Loyalty of the 10th Legion
    - Personal (Commanding) Presence

I can't give you details on the abilities themselves as this is all the information i have been provided with.

You can see the new general for the Avernii too, named Vercingetorix (he has trouble reading it lol)

You can see his unique abilites (he goes on explaining that these abilities are unique to the new generals for this addon)

Translation of skill names:

- Unified tribe
    - Merciless

The Nervii have their new general too, named Boduognat

Translation of Skills:

- Concentrated force
    - Morale

The only faction which has not received a new general is the Suebi (something about not receiving one as of now but it might come in a later build of the addon)

Onward.

You can see the faction menu and how it is set up. You can notice three new factions - Boii, Galatia and the Nervii. You can also see Bactria but we covered it already and you more or less know all about it now. But this addon gives us three brand new factions, as you know the Suiebi, Rome and Avernii were already in the game.

Little more can be said of the new factions, you can see and you probably know that the barbarian factions are quite similar to one another (talking about the rosters). You can see that the Boii are almost identical to the Avernii. You can see the unit prices are the same, even the names are identical - Celtic Slingers, Noble Cav etc. You can see their stats on the right of the screen. Basically they are a copy of the Avernii units. Some names are different - Followers of the Sword instead of (the unit before Oathsworn).

He mentions that usually Avernii infantry lacks armour but this second tier swordsman has a respectable 65 in armour whcih makes it a satisfactory unit for a barb faction because of price and quality. The spear units are identical etc.

The next faction is Galatia, their general unit is a spear band, not a sword band. You can see they lack top tier sword units. Something like Egypt, they are more spear focused than shock infantry focused. They also have Galatian Legionnaires. Their other units are more or less carbon copies of the Avernii units. (goes on showing spears/skirmishers/cav)

Now we see the Galatian Brigands which are a horse archer unit, which is the first time those are added for a Barbarian faction (ie. not a steppe faction).

On to the Nervii you can see they have 4 types of swordsmen but they have some lackluster spears. They are coloured in yellow instead of the Avernii green but everything else is more or less the same. They have some Viscious Sworsmen, you can see their stats (similar to Naked Warriors) and the Guerrilla Swords who have the ability to be deployed almost anywhere on the tactical map (he explains the deployment method).

Onward. You can see the spearmen are very weak, based on stats and price. Now ranged units, you can see celtic archers in addition to the slinger and javelin units. You can pause the video and compare unit stats if you are interested. This was a brief overview of the leaked information on patch 1.8and the new addon (DLC). This should be released soon, before new years. It will probably be a paid DLC.
    Last edited by Myth; 12-02-2013 at 19:31. Reason: some errors
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Members thankful for this post (6):

Well, they just formally announced it: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...217#post980217
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Ahem, sorry to be negative, but this is probably something I definitely won't be buying unless they fix the glaring bugs with the grand campaign... AND put some challenge in mid-to-late game for SP campaigns (on legendary difficulty at least).
    Last edited by Slaists; 12-02-2013 at 16:38.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

I do like the tight focus and 24 turns per year.

I for one am confident that CA will get stuff fixed (perhaps later rather than sooner) so I will be gifting myself this one for Xmas.
    Last edited by Barkhorn1x; 12-02-2013 at 19:10.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Well idk about gifting it for myself for Christmas..... I just bought a razer gaming keyboard for that...... but I will definitely keep an eye on it... I just like when they add new factions to play.

oh btw myth ty for the translation
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

I waited a month to buy Rome II, and find it a great game, really have no problems with it and don't understand other's problems. I guess it is perspective difference. My brother and uncle have since purchased the game and love it too. We trade off coop campaigns.

I am quite excited for this!

It has seasons and Caesar. I'm definitely getting it on day 1 minute 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    BOOM

They're gonna make a family tree and campaign depth DLC soon and within a couple of months, you will have paid 100 whatever currency you like on top of the original price of the game so you can have what you wanted in the main game :D

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    They're gonna make a family tree and campaign depth DLC soon and within a couple of months, you will have paid 100 whatever currency you like on top of the original price of the game so you can have what you wanted in the main game :D
    Yea.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mhantra View Post
    I waited a month to buy Rome II, and find it a great game, really have no problems with it and don't understand other's problems. I guess it is perspective difference. My brother and uncle have since purchased the game and love it too.
    You say perspective, I say perception, let's call the whole thing off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhantra View Post
    I waited a month to buy Rome II, and find it a great game, really have no problems with it and don't understand other's problems. I guess it is perspective difference. My brother and uncle have since purchased the game and love it too. We trade off coop campaigns.

I am quite excited for this!
    You didn't see the launch of this game. Your first impression and a lot of other people's are very different. If the game was released in its current state, I think I'd be happier about it too.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Really? Haven't heard about that yet. Can you give me a link? Or it's just a rumor? Mind you I'd love a family tree. I think it should be a free DLC however. Caesar should be paid as it's an optional new campaign like RotS.

Sure, i paid full price but I got to play the game from pretty early on. Plus I'm a mod here so I kind of have to have it

Really? Haven't heard about that yet. Can you give me a link? Or it's just a rumor? Mind you I'd love a family tree. I think it should be a free DLC however. Caesar should be paid as it's an optional new campaign like RotS.

Sure, i paid full price but I got to play the game from pretty early on. Plus I'm a mod here so I kind of have to have it
    It's not a rumour or a story, it's kind of what has been happening with most games the last couple of years.

It's just a joke.

Also Caesar in Gaul resembles something more like the Penninsular Dlc for Napoleon. It's a small map covering one area (Spain in that case, France in this one) has added some new stuff and that's about it.

So far there are three more dlc planned. Free or not I have no clue.

Source: http://steamdb.info/app/214950/#section_dlc

Edit: Ninja'd

Yes but are you just taking a jab at CA based on assumptions or do you have info on a family tree DLC? Cause I'd love some info...

Honestly, I feel sorry for some of you. So miserable :*(

To be fair, its very calm here compared to other forums.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Yes but are you just taking a jab at CA based on assumptions or do you have info on a family tree DLC? Cause I'd love some info...
    I already said there is no info because I made it up. I am not even assuming anything but I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off something like that. I don't care if you buy the DLC or not, why would I?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    To be fair, its very calm here compared to other forums.
    This is true, and why I came here. But honestly, I meant it. I get such enjoyment out of the game that I am bummed others are not getting that same experience.

I already said there is no info because I made it up. I am not even assuming anything but I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off something like that. I don't care if you buy the DLC or not, why would I?
    Didn't try to make you buy anything. I wanted clarification on whether you had info or not, that's all. You can be like BroskiDerpman and wait for 99% off from GoG.

But TBH if they charge for the family tree they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, because that was the #1 most requested feature to make it back into Rome 2. With the amount of hate they've received from the botched up launch (thanks SEGA) I really doubt they'd charge us for something like this. Also, since they said it has no place in Rome 2 I really doubt we'd be seeing it, although one can hope.
    Last edited by Myth; 12-03-2013 at 18:12.

You can be like BroskiDerpman and wait for 99% off from GoG.

I can be like Sp4 and not bother. Developers/publishers/salespeople have shot themselves in the foot before and it worked.

Though it also hurts to shoot yourself.

I think.

I myself am still awaiting CA to patch ETW some more. Sigh...

Though with mods like APE:TI ETW is ok, certainly most innovating mechanics for TW; the scripts is like a ghetto ui but it works.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 12-04-2013 at 05:24.

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    I myself am still awaiting CA to patch ETW some more. Sigh...
    Wait, seriously? Its not going to happen, We are four games past ETW, patching time for the game is long gone.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast