Thread: All gun armies

Default All gun armies

Has anyone tried putting together an all firearm stack to see how powerfull it is against a mixed force?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: All gun armies

Probably won't work too well if the enemy army is cavalry heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Unless you got a lucky hit on their general, they'd overwhelm you pretty quickly.

Pike and musket armies do work to an extent, apparently.
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henry the Fifth
    Has anyone tried putting together an all firearm stack to see how powerfull it is against a mixed force?
    I have done this, I was Spain vs. the Aztecs, after a couple of vollys their whole army ran.
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

Well, sort of. 14 sudanese gunners, 5 royal mamelukes and the general is a pretty good stack. You'll need a hill though. Otherwise, you'll have a tremendously long line...
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

wont have to worry about heaby cav it you have reiters or camel gunners to counterattack with.

i once tried moor Sudanese gunners, hand gunners & camel gunners against the French just to test-drive my new gunpowder units. Sudanese up front skirmish on fire at will on close formation. hand gunners 2nd line fire at will on skirmish off (to absorb arrows & melee). camels at the back fire at will on skirmish off loose formation. camels fire 1st on closing enemy Sudanese 2nd & hand gunners if they get too close. handgunners are not so good in melee but they are tough w/ better armour. good for absorbing already chewed up groups of militia, knights, spearmen, and also cavalry. you have to micromange the handgunners & Sudanese though.