Thread: Slow loading encyclopedia anyone?

Default Slow loading encyclopedia anyone?

Hi guys,

I opened a support case on totalwar.com as many people on TWC and Steam Community talk about a slow loading encyclopedia. I know this is not a top priority issue but I still can understand it is nagging. Anyone out here has the same problem? Please leave your feedback here or even better on the .com thread.

Default Re: Slow loading encyclopedia anyone?

It has been a little unresponsive and generally annoying to use from day one.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I really dislike the online in-game encyclopedia that they have, and I recall it was in S2 as well. I dont mind putting it up online for reference when you arent in game, but having it only online makes it very annoying to use in game.

That is, if the encyclopedia was of any help in the first place.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I find the encyclopedia slow most of the time. More than once I have got sick of waiting for it and found the online encyclopedia and used that while the game is minimised, so it's not purely about online either. I agree, an online encyclopedia isn't my first choice, but I do see why they did it, as you can update it all the time. Now we just need it to have a lot more information in it, like the skill tree's for armies, agents and generals, rather than having to guess at prerequisit skills. Oh, and it to load quickly.
    I was trying to find some help in the ancient military journals of General Tacticus, who's intelligent campaigning had been so successful that he'd lent his very name to the detailed prosecution of martial endeavour, and had actually found a section headed "What To Do If One Army Occupies A Well-Fortified And Superior Ground And The Other Does Not", but since the first sentence read "Endeavour to be the one inside" I'd rather lost heart.

Encyclopedia is slow and online, that makes it very bad. I barely use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    I really dislike the online in-game encyclopedia that they have, and I recall it was in S2 as well. I dont mind putting it up online for reference when you arent in game, but having it only online makes it very annoying to use in game.

The one in Shogun was actually miles better than this one we have now. The current one just has CANNOT BE ARSED written all over it.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Yeah. I particularly hate that it doesn't remember my previous selection and that it doesn't allow for easier comparisons between units and especially between multiple units. I want to check 4 types of shock cav to see which one is the best stat wise. It will take me 10 minutes of clicking to do it...

The only gripe with the Shogun one for me is the minuscule tiny typeface size on a full HD monitor and resolution.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Thanks for your quick feedback I linked it back on .com in hope they will see it is not a smaller issue with low priority.

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Its definetly not a small issue. Encyclopedia has become paractically useless, unit cards sucks anyway and most units have the same description. But you cant even see those because it takes ages for it to load. I missed my medieval TW parchaments terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post

Shogun 2's was offline.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM