Thread: Triumph Bug

Default Triumph Bug

In my Rome Campaign (currently fighting Nova Carthago) I keep getting a triumph movie that whenever it pops up the game locks up tight. The video pops up just after the AI goes through it's turn. I'm no where near the end of the game so I don't know if the video is an end game video or just one that pops up for when some General does good. It just started happening today for some reason. The video has never popped up before today. Is there a way to turn these in game videos off? I like watching them but if this particular video is going to lock up my game each turn then its not worth having on.

Default Re: Triumph Bug

Okay, searched around and found that this is a common bug that supposedly came in from patch 8.1 The bug hasn't been fixed but there is a work around to it. Tried it myself and it does work. Its a temp solution supposedly but since I did use it I haven't had the triumph video come up since. That is not to say it can't happen again but who knows.

"WHILE you are on the stuck screen, press CTRL + S then CTRL + L. It we reload the game without popping up the triumph message. I've done this a few times now. If you're worried about saving in that state, remember you still have autosave."

Member thankful for this post:

It's not just the Triumph video that causes it. I've had it happen with others as well.

Looks like this is fixed in new 8.1 Beta hotfix:

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_8_1

Edit: I must be crazy, now I don't see the fix for Triumph freeze...

Anyone know where I may have seen that? Or am I delusional?
    Last edited by Mhantra; 01-06-2014 at 21:41.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I've gotten the same bug quite a few times as well, good to hear that CA is aware of the problem. Usually comes with the "Triump"-clip but apparently pops up on other occassions as well.

Kind regards
    "It's easy to be outnumbered when you're a zero" - George of the Jungle