Thread: How to fix CTD when clicking on Sardis Megas Alexandros Open Beta

Default How to fix CTD when clicking on Sardis Megas Alexandros Open Beta

Megas Alexandros open beta

This is a work around for a CTD that kept happening when clicking on Sardis (whether owning faction or not). If Macedon, usually this CTD is encountered after you capture the city and want to click open settlement scroll after the battle. If playing Persia, this happens as soon as you open Sardis to recruit or build buildings. I believe it had something to do with the prebuilt buildings or possibly the creating faction in descr.strat, but not really sure. This is a work around:

1. open the mod's descr.strat file in notepad (for me located here: .../Creative assembly/RTW/Alexander/MA/data/world/maps/campaign/Alexander )

2. Press Ctrl + F then type "Lydia"

3. Highlight everything for this region's entry, from "settlement" just a few lines above "Lydia" to the closing } for this entry. Press delete

4. Go above to previous entry (Phoenikia). Highlight this whole entry and Ctrl + C

5. Immediately below Phoenikia's entry, paste the copied entry

6. Then in the new entry highlight "Phoenikia" and type instead "Lydia"

7. Start new campaign (won't work on old save games, sorry)

Not sure if anyone is still trying out these mods but this one is very good compared to the vanilla alexander. Apart from this CTD the mod seems totally stable. Recommend and thanks for mod creators.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: How to fix CTD when clicking on Sardis Megas Alexandros Open Beta

I don't know if anyone is still playing this either, but thanks for letting us know.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!