Thread: Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Default Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Picked up this thing the other day on sale. It's a pretty tough roguelike with several character classes. Never played roguelikes before, so figured Id give this one a try. It's pretty good and challenging. It runs in Ironman mode exclusively with permadeath and such, and winning on any difficulty level above normal is a feat. I have yet to win on normal. A nice, challenging game that looks deceptively simple on the surface, but is actually very deep.

P.S. I got the base game + all expansions on Steam for under $10 total. I think that sale is still going on. Wouldn't recommend it without the expansions.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Rock, Paper, GOAT Member Monster Champion, Hit the Mole Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Spy Hunter Champion, Population Tire Champion, Navy Battles Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Rally 2100 Champion, Plops Champion nl.'s Avatar

Default Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Picked up this thing the other day on sale. It's a pretty tough roguelike with several character classes. Never played roguelikes before, so figured Id give this one a try. It's pretty good and challenging. It runs in Ironman mode exclusively with permadeath and such, and winning on any difficulty level above normal is a feat. I have yet to win on normal. A nice, challenging game that looks deceptively simple on the surface, but is actually very deep.

P.S. I got the base game + all expansions on Steam for under $10 total. I think that sale is still going on. Wouldn't recommend it without the expansions.
    I picked this up in a bundle, and haven't installed it yet. Worth playing?

Default Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit

It's the sort of game that will offer you little unless you're willing to invest a whole lot of time.

The one Hiver-class is though, don't bother with it.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: