Thread: Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Default Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Picked up this thing the other day on sale. It's a pretty tough roguelike with several character classes. Never played roguelikes before, so figured Id give this one a try. It's pretty good and challenging. It runs in Ironman mode exclusively with permadeath and such, and winning on any difficulty level above normal is a feat. I have yet to win on normal. A nice, challenging game that looks deceptively simple on the surface, but is actually very deep.

P.S. I got the base game + all expansions on Steam for under $10 total. I think that sale is still going on. Wouldn't recommend it without the expansions.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Default Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Picked up this thing the other day on sale. It's a pretty tough roguelike with several character classes. Never played roguelikes before, so figured Id give this one a try. It's pretty good and challenging. It runs in Ironman mode exclusively with permadeath and such, and winning on any difficulty level above normal is a feat. I have yet to win on normal. A nice, challenging game that looks deceptively simple on the surface, but is actually very deep.

P.S. I got the base game + all expansions on Steam for under $10 total. I think that sale is still going on. Wouldn't recommend it without the expansions.
    I picked this up in a bundle, and haven't installed it yet. Worth playing?

Default Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit

It's the sort of game that will offer you little unless you're willing to invest a whole lot of time.

The one Hiver-class is though, don't bother with it.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: