Thread: Running STW Gold on Windows 7 64-bit with Intel graphics card?

Question Running STW Gold on Windows 7 64-bit with Intel graphics card?

Hi all,

I installed the Shogun Total War Gold Edition on my laptop recently and the setup did work fine but whenever I start the game the only thing that happens is a message being displayed saying that "Shog_CPP does not work properly".

My system specs are:

• Windows 7 64-bit
    • 4 GB RAM
    • Intel HD Graphics 4000

I tried several things to get the game to launch, all without success:

• various Windows compatibility modes
    • Changing the desktop resolution to 1024x768 and 800x600 as well as changing color depths to 16-bit
    • renaming the intro movie files in the folder /Credits/legals
    • installing the game in the default directory, then try all of the above points

Does anyone have experience with successfully running STW (Gold) in a similar setup?

My best bet is that the Intel Graphics card is the problem but I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm reluctant to try older driver versions - I have not checked yet if there are any in the first place).

I also downloaded the Shogun demo (Battle trainer) and it works fine on my laptop. Might other versions of Shogun therefore work on my machine (Warlord's edition or the original Shogun)?

Kind regards and looking forward to hearing from you

Default Re: Running STW Gold on Windows 7 64-bit with Intel graphics card?

You might want to try setting it to Software instead of Primary Display Driver. I don't really know what that means, but I googled Shog_CPP and a couple of people got results that way. You might also try googleing Shog_CPP yourself and see what comes up.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Default Re: Running STW Gold on Windows 7 64-bit with Intel graphics card?

This was raised some time ago, but if you still have the problem, I have a possible solution.

My specs : Windows 7 64 Bit with Integrated Intel HD Graphics and 4.00 GB RAM.

I had a similar "Shog_CPP" error. It was not the same error though...

I found that my Laptop did not have a Flash Player. This is required to start the game.
    I copied one ( via a USB memory stick ) from my desktop PC onto my Laptop, putting it into C > Windows > System32.
    The required item is in the Macromed folder. Note you should copy in the entire Macromed folder.

Hope this may help.
    Last edited by DEB8; 08-02-2016 at 22:29. Reason: Adjustment to Graphics card detail