Thread: Too many Ukraine threads

Ni dieu ni maître! Senior Member a completely inoffensive name's Avatar
    I live on the org, feeding off of what few thanks are tossed at my posts. It is up to you to make sure I don't starve.

Default Too many Ukraine threads

Do we really need four threads in the backroom ostensibly about Russia and the Ukraine? I understand people like to play fantasy all day with their "my tank is better than your tank" and "B-2 bombers ROFLSTOMP all your AA" but I feel like we could converge the massive circlejerk to just one thread at this point.
    In all these papers we see a love of honest work, an aversion to shams, a caution in the enunciation of conclusions, a distrust of rash generalizations and speculations based on uncertain premises. He was never anxious to add one more guess on doubtful matters in the hope of hitting the truth, or what might pass as such for a time, but was always ready to take infinite pains in the most careful testing of every theory. With these qualities was united a modesty which forbade the pushing of his own claims and desired no reputation except the unsought tribute of competent judges.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: Too many Ukraine threads

You just made another one.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Member thankful for this post:

Nah, this ain't the Backroom.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Do we really need four threads in the backroom ostensibly about Russia and the Ukraine? I understand people like to play fantasy all day with their "my tank is better than your tank" and "B-2 bombers ROFLSTOMP all your AA" but I feel like we could converge the massive circlejerk to just one thread at this point.
    Seconded.

"My advice to you is: get married. If you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Members thankful for this post (5):