Thread: Question on Tosa trade

Default Question on Tosa trade

Trade is a huge income for me in the game. However, I heard that province that benefit from trade has to be connected to your capital by direct land contact. Tosa's capital is on a island and i noticed that only the four provinces (with my capital) have trade routes. So does that mean upgrading port to trade ports and spending on trade boasting buildings are useless in provinces that are outside of that island?

I have spent a lot of time and money on upgrading the ports and infrastructure of other provinces that are outside of the island - like trading ports and finance buildings criminal den etc.

list of my situation:
    1.only the foreign powers and three partners to trade with
    2.provinces conquered that is away from my tosa island
    3.only physical connection between tosa island and other provinces possible are the straits between tosa island, Awaji and Harima (Harima and Awaji are control by me)
    4.while a handful of others are not connected at all - Tsushima, Goto etc.

I checked those provinces, the commerce income is larger in proportion to farming, so does it mean the trade buildings and ports help? or was it the industrial buildings that works?

Default Re: Question on Tosa trade

Hello amendercarapace. Welcome to the Org.

Question, are you playing the "Fall of the Samurai" expansion or the original Shogun 2?

I did a little searching around and didn't find an answer to your problem. I only found a few other people lamenting about the same issue you bring up.
    This space intentionally left blank

Fall of the Samurai, yeah, i did a lot of searching online and barely anyone asked/answered the question.

oh man, anyone has any clue? or is it not a issue?

I took another look around and found this at the official forums: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post307596

It may help explain what you need to do. I gather the Tosa trade situation is a handicap of sorts, but it can be overcome.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by amendercarapace View Post
    However, I heard that province that benefit from trade has to be connected to your capital by direct land contact. Tosa's capital is on a island and i noticed that only the four provinces (with my capital) have trade routes. So does that mean upgrading port to trade ports and spending on trade boasting buildings are useless in provinces that are outside of that island?
    I didn't know about that. But I try to build my economy essentially on farming and industry (and later on railroad) because I rarely have a powerfull enough navy to protect my trade. I gave up on that and that's why my favourite faction to play is Aizu.