Thread: Trees on the battlemap?

Default Trees on the battlemap?

Is there a mod to make the trees in EU thinner, (thinner trunks and more space between trees, less foliage to stop camera view... ) so battles in woods are feasible without them turning into total chaos?

I know this is probably more realistic of the confusion of fighting in a forest.

I just try to always fight on ground that is not forested when moving stacks on the campaign map, but so often what looks like a nice open plain on the campaign map turns out to be Mirkwood or some craziness.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Trees on the battlemap?

there are mini mods you should search for them but trees play an important role in the batles when you´re a barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by moonburn View Post
    there are mini mods you should search for them but trees play an important role in the batles when you´re a barbarian
    I know, I know... I should be dancing around naked, chanting and hugging trees before each battle

When you say search around mini mods, do you mean in this forum or elsewhere?

TY

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thanks for that Paltmull

Sounds exactly what I am after

However, none of the download links seem to work

Is the minimod creator still around?

I suppose you could just copy the image from the forum post, save it as a TGA file (use an image editing program such as Photoshop or Gimp) and use that instead. Just make sure to create a backup copy of the original file before replacing it in case it doesn't work.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I literally just re-installed EB1.2 yesterday, and had the file for the smaller trees saved. PM me an email address and I can send it, if you like.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

You could also install the RS II environments (for EB), they are generally much more realistic, more detailed, and nicer looking on the battle map than the RTW Vanilla textures used in EB by default.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.