Thread: My Little Pony: Cavalry Commander Announced

Default My Little Pony: Cavalry Commander Announced

We are pleased to announce that the Slitherine Group has gained the exclusive rights to the critically-acclaimed ‘My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’ license and that we are currently working on a series of games under the My Little Pony Franchise.

Armed with this powerful license, we are currently working hard to bring you the first game in an exciting new series. In My Little Pony: Cavalry Commander, the player will have to manage the Pony armies both on a strategic and tactical level for the ultimate My Little Pony experience!

“Signing the My Little Pony franchise was the next logical step in our overall strategy.” Said JD McNeil, Chairman of the Slitherine Group. “We are always looking for new opportunities to expand the wargaming community and reach new markets. With My Little Pony, we can do just that!”

In MLP:CC, the Golden Valley of Dreams has been attacked by the legions of the Unicornfederacy (Confederacy of Black Unicorns). In response, the Ponies quickly suspend their playtime and organize the Free Pony Militia. While the Ponies have the will and determination to defend their valley, they lack the military organization and technology to effectively challenge the Unicornfederacy. And that is where YOU come in.

As the player, you will be put in command of the Free Pony Militia and you will have to organize your Ponies into an effective fighting force and command them in the many battles against the Unicornfederacy. At the same time you will be in charge of modernizing the cavalry force. Starting with the unarmed ponies, you will have to fund technologies to unlock armoured cavalry units, or ‘Heavy Ponies’ (see pic). Will you be able to command the determined Ponies and save the Golden Valley of Dreams?

Features:

• Immerse yourself in the world of My Little Pony with the epic story-driven campaign
    • Learn the game with the help of four comprehensive tutorials
    • Improve your tactics in over 20 scenarios
    • Command the Pony nation on a strategic level, manage the economy and prioritize research
    • Fight tactical battles against the hordes of unicorns, use the terrain to your advantage and target them with experimental weaponry to clear the battlefield of the Unicornfederate invaders!
    • Meet all your favourite Pony characters and help them save their world
    • Find new Bronies in the online multiplayer lobby

My Little Pony: Cavalry Commander is currently under development and will be presented at Home of Wargamers. The game is planned for release this fall.

See you on the battlefield!

Member thankful for this post:

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: My Little Pony: Cavalry Commander Announced

OMG!!! Ponies!!!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    OMG!!! Ponies!!!
    It was only a matter of time until the fanboys showed up.
    This space intentionally left blank

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

You, lordgamez, you. Teeheehee.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think this will be best release of Lordgamez yet.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Well played, good sir.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

I think I have just heard a cracking sound coming from one of the seven seals.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hope this wasn't an april fools because my comment was serious...
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Hope this wasn't an april fools because my comment was serious...
    Oopsie....
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Blog Entries

*looks at op posting date* *quietly walks away*