I've been trying out a lot of migrated Epeiros campaigns recently, just to see what's interesting with them. I've done my old maintstay, Pergamon. I had a dabble with the Bosporan Kingdom. I'm currently doing Massalia. I've done all of those before.

But then I got thinking about one I haven't done before - the Thracian Kingdom. Starting with just Tylis, the aim is to rebuild Lysimachos' old empire. It's sort of a reverse Pergamon, where instead of starting in Asia Minor and grabbing bits of Europe, I start in Europe and might eventually advance into Asia Minor. There's a whole mix of Greek, Celtic and Thracian units just in the starting position. You're sandwiched between the Getai and Makedonia, though otherwise have a lot of Eleutheroi for breathing room.

I've even got a bit of a roleplaying justification in my head, too. I'll take Epeiros, kill off Helenos as usual, but also Pyrrhos (to simulate his death in Argos - and to make it a little more challenging). Then Ptolemaios and Alexandros flee to Tylis, where they start to build an empire of their own. I'll do a bit of development so that it's vaguely possible to sustain without blitzing the nearby region, then go slow from there.

Thoughts?