Thread: MTW + Viking invasion = MTW gold?

Default MTW + Viking invasion = MTW gold?

is MTW with the viking invasion expansion the same as MTW gold?

thx,
    littlejoe

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: MTW + Viking invasion = MTW gold?

MTW Gold has both the base game and VI expansion in it. There may be a difference in the patching of the Gold version to get it to v2.01 (depending on which Gold version), but once patched they are identical.

Welcome to the Org, littlejoe!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

ok thanks =) so all of the mods would work on either just fine right? ( assuming the mod isn't broken lol )

There are a couple of older mods that do not support the VI expansion, so I don't think these will work on Gold. But all of the main mods should run on Gold just fine.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

so how is the best to get the Viking invasion expansion? I looked on amazon but didn't find anything with super saver shipping : )

The best way is to just get the Gold version. Even if you already have the base MTW game, VI by itself is probably pretty hard to find.

So in your opinion what's the best mod? I've heard XL is really good

thanks,
    littlejoe

The best mod is the one you like playing the most. There are some great mods out there, but I usually just play my own, which is a slightly tweaked version of the vanilla.

I've played many mods but Xl is something different

Thumbs down Re: MTW + Viking invasion = MTW gold?

Quote Originally Posted by ferdi View Post
    I've played many mods but Xl is something different
    In a good way? :)

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    The best mod is the one you like playing the most. There are some great mods out there, but I usually just play my own, which is a slightly tweaked version of the vanilla.
    Which mod is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by littlejoe View Post
    Which mod is yours?
    It's not published, it's just a few things I changed to make the AI/gameplay better.

Samurai Warlords is fun, if you want the STW feel without the glitches you get from playing that old lady on new equipment.

Ahh ok : ) So I got a VI expansion how do I patch MTW with the VI expansion?

thanks,
    littlejoe

BTW, my PC is 12 years old so I wouldn't call it "new equipment" lol = D

If you already have MTW installed, you should just need to put the VI CD in and run setup if it doesn't autorun. Once VI is installed over the MTW installation, you can grab the 2.01 patch here. Once you have that installed you are good to go.

If you want to try out a bunch of mods, the game doesn't support multiple mods in one directory tree. What most people do is to install the game, install VI, patch to 2.01, then make a copy of the entire Medieval Total War directory and call it something related to the mod. You can then install the mod onto this copy and still have a vanilla version available. If you want to run another mod, just make another copy from the vanilla install. You can make a shortcut to the modded copy of the exe and name it appropriately.

Okay Thanks! that helps alot I'll try the Xl expansion first = D

Which disk do I need in for the patch to start?

The VI disk is the one you will need to run any MTW/VI game once you have upgraded.

lol I gave the disc back to my friend :P is there any other way I can do it?

In a good way? :)

Which mod is yours?
    yes. good way. it is best mod i guess....

lol I gave the disc back to my friend :P is there any other way I can do it?
    I guess I'll have to settle for MTW 1.1 : ) thanks everybody!

btw are there any mods for MTW 1.1?

thanks,
    littlejoe

Redux has a non-VI version, and I think MedMod has a version for 1.1 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Redux has a non-VI version, and I think MedMod has a version for 1.1 as well.
    ok thanks I saw redux awhile back but I thought it was only VI =D I'll try it later today

thanks,
    littlejoe