Thread: [HS] The Tag Team Tournament Championship

Default [HS] The Tag Team Tournament Championship

~~~Background~~~

Welcome to the Tag Team Tournament Finals!
    Gaming Staff has opened several tournaments in November last year to determine who is the best team pair in the Westeros Total War Hotseating section. This is the final round, the winners from the previous rounds will be put to the ultimate test for the dominion of the Westeros Total War Hotseat area in just 15 turns!

Players will undertake both physical and mental challenges as they battle with the best teams Westeros has to offer. The winning team will be announced 'Best Westeros Pair'. They will be rewarded prestigious and amazing signatures done by the incredible Inarus and shall be granted 25-30 rep and a TWC hotseat medal each!

Congratulations on the Winners of Tag 1, 2 and 3.

I am very pleased to announce and congratulate the teams that have made it through to the final:

Winning team from Tag 1 Ice Eyes and King Joffrey
    Winning team from Tag 2 Soulsgameinc and Badger Dude
    Winning team from Tag 3 Jiub and Jemdkyl

Once again factions will be random allocated using this website http://www.random.org/lists/ complaints will be assessed on their merits and consequently ignored!

****YOU WIN OR YOU DIE****

~~~Factions~~~

House Joffrey of Kingslanding:
    House Lannister of Casterly Rock:
    Ice Eyes and King Joffrey

House Stark of Winterfell:
    House Tully of Riverrun:

Jiub

House Tyrell of Highgarden:
    House Renly of Stormsend:

Soulsgameinc and Badger Dude

~~~Admins~~~
    Duxx
    DrakeRox

~~~Rules~~~
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    § Every player has 24 hours to take his turn(so both teams have 48 h). Give your password to your ally in any case!!!

§ It is not allowed to abuse bugs to your or anyones advantage. These include but are not limited to:

The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort or a settlements Zone of Control.
    Spam siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    Fort watchtower bug: Constructing watchtowers in order to prevent forting is not allowed. You can construct watchtowers, but you will be asked to replay if it is obvious the reason why the watchtower has been built is to prevent forting
    Heroic victory bug: No Heroic victories at all. If you get a heroic victory you must reload until you get a different result, and if you cannot get a different result then you will not be allowed to play the battle.
    Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.
    Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.
    Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on mutliple times. You can see when this bug accures, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.
    You are not allowed to encircle an army, just to deny its retreat.

§ Destroying buildings is not allowed in these 3 situations:

1. If the settlement is under siege
    2. A far superior army is one turn away from the settlement. *exception: if it is turn one it is allowed
    3. You have not yet held that settlement for 3 turns *exception: does not apply on turn 1-3 on home regions

§ 4 units per fort. UNLIMITED FORTS!

§ You are not allowed to sally out to attack a besieging army just to deny the enemy of sacking the settlement.

§ You have to VM/PM the next player after you upload your save.

§ Posting pictures of battle odds, and results is mandatory. All pics must show the attacking and deffending forces. You are advised to delete your finance and minimap

§ The recruitments of spies\assasins and their use is prohibited

§ Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies in fortification, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' should be allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort and was defeated by 'b'.
    Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this

§ No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockade (land or sea units alike).

§ It is not allowed use a princess to steal a general, unless there is more then 35% of success. (pics must be posted)

§ Settlements gifted should disband all units, except for one to keep public order.

§ One turn peace for everybody, including no forting in enemy lands *exception: a faction who is before you in the turn order placed units in your territory. Example: Lannister can't attack Tully in turn 1. Tully can attack Lannister if he placed his troops in his territory.

§ The recruitment of siege equipment and their use is prohibited.

§ It is illegal to place armies or any kind of land forces (Archers, Infantry, Cavalry) onto ships which are inside ports. This is to prevent players from hiding their men inside the port, where they are untouchable

§ It is illegal to burn down ports in order to get around rule 11- if your port is blockaded and there are ships inside that port, if you burn down the port the ship is not allowed to move

§ It is forbidden to ransom defeated enemy soldiers, as the player cannot refuse.

§ AI lands cannot be taken.

§ It is forbidden to kill diplomats.

§ It is only allowed to kill princesses if she is located in enemy territory(so if a lannister princess is located in a Tully province she may be killed), if a princess is located in a recently captured territory she has 1 turn to leave.

§ The admin's decision is final.

~~~Special thanks to~~~
    Inarus-For his great and amazing Art

Butcher of Blaviken Member Jiub's Avatar

Default Re: [HS] The Tag Team Tournament Championship

Due to some computer problems I no longer have the save, nor is the link I provided since after so many days the site automatically deleted it.
    Either Badger or Soul have downloaded the save and can post it here or we'll need more time to do it again. :(

I believe i still have the save Jiub. :)
    I'm just seeing about getting a new partner, or i'll be doing this alone it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I believe i still have the save Jiub. :)
    I'm just seeing about getting a new partner, or i'll be doing this alone it seems.
    Well you could do this turn to speed things ? :)

Seeing how you are making a push Soul, I can do no worse.

I will participate as your butt-buddy, It was my understanding that this is drawing to a close?
    Be aware that I am sometimes gone for days at a time but can usually leave a message in between.

DuxXx, will you coerce Myth and his superiors to implement an award?
    I would very much like more bling and still want to be named the winner of Immortals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    I will participate as your butt-buddy
    I'm filled with joy and fear at the same time. :p
    Here's the save - http://www.mediafire.com/download/g2...gC_Renly_6.sav

Will play asap, monday midday at the latest.

Utterly busy

Seeing how you are making a push Soul, I can do no worse.

I will participate as your butt-buddy, It was my understanding that this is drawing to a close?
    Be aware that I am sometimes gone for days at a time but can usually leave a message in between.

DuxXx, will you coerce Myth and his superiors to implement an award?
    I would very much like more bling and still want to be named the winner of Immortals.
    No, you shall not be named winner of Immortals.

As for that award, maybe in future.

Hopefully, would be a shame not to have that.

As to immortals, why not? Shame for it all to have gone down the drain and the tournament winners have all been settled by much less to go on for example.
    Also: I need more time, a talk with Soul and its busy times like these that forced me not to hotseat :/

I will get to this when I can, monday most like
    Last edited by Mithridate; 06-01-2014 at 19:30.

I lack the time and simply cannot find the motivation to play this, very sorry for wasting everyone's time and yours especially @SoulGamesInc

Hopefully my opinion was of worth Soul and good luck with the rather interesting war to be, I tried :/

I lack the time and simply cannot find the motivation to play this, very sorry for wasting everyone's time and yours especially @SoulGamesInc

Hopefully my opinion was of worth Soul and good luck with the rather interesting war to be, I tried :/
    What, you only play for flashy prizes ? :)

We can't have teams that only one person in it? Also I have not heard from king joff since it was announced that the forum is closing!! Anyone heard from him or know that he moved here yet?

No worries Mith, i didn't have much will to play this myself and that was with the cool prizes and a partner. :(
    I'm currently running on fumes. Jiub has been playing solo since Jem pretty much left after Harrenhal Ice. I miss Aldor ffs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiub View Post
    What, you only play for flashy prizes ? :)
    No, I play for the enjoyment and used to play for the sake of others.
    Now I have neither time or energy for the latter, much as I want to help and play with Soul.

You may have noticed I'm terribly late in the only hotseat I'm currently playing and I'm wasting my sleeping time on your joke *facepalm*.

What's happening guys? :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also got in touch with king joff, were all good.

This hotseat has stalled for 3 weeks now! What are we doing? If no one wants to continue call a winner now, there is no point on leaving a hotseat to die.

I've lost all desire to play this HS, especial now without a partner. :p
    Ice wins, or you can replace me. I'd like to have finished recording this but i hate recording things i don't enjoy.

Haft the fun of this was working as a team, that's gone now and so is my desire to grind forward. Tag2 was fun at least.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; 06-09-2014 at 05:50.

Yeah, my ultimate feeling was the same as Soul and Mith's. This hotseat was not particularly fun from the offset with no diplomacy or chance of doing anything other than fighting a meatgrinder against King's Landing's defences (Renly cannot into navy without Stannis)

I joined Tag 2 merely as a favour to Soul.

Sadly I am 22, I run 3 businesses, and have various other commitments outside of the computer. Gone are the days where I could sit at the computer and mod/hotseat/play to my heart's content.

Not being cynical, but I suspect only 10% of the former hotseat community will migrate here.

Perhaps we can fight together again on another day.

I could team up with you for 1 maybe two turns Soul, if everyone else plays quick. But then I have to leave for 5 weeks to go study at a University over the summer.

Thanks for the offer Them, but the entire point of this HS was to work as a team etc so a temporary teammate for two turns dose not do much. ;)
    I really stopped enjoying this after Aldor left. Badger and Mith tried to get into it with me but sadly both of them are too busy, and nowadays it's looking like i myself may have to semi-retire from HSing for awhile.

I hate to do this with the move and everything, but i've been thinking about it long before that.

I rather have you continue, to finish what you started, as it is only 15 turns.
    We shall try to replace team soul, if possible. As the prices are no longer an option (this is not TWC), I think that would be the best solution.

I see this as a hallmark of how ppl in hotseats are. It's a rare occasion when a hotseat is finished start to finish. Especially when you are loosing. Yet everyone still seems to have the time to join more hotseats.

Honestly I'm still in this and I won't give up fighting.

I couldn't care less about winning or losing Jiub. I play to enjoy myself and playing this is not fun for me. :p
    If you can replace me Dux i'd much prefer that, but if not i guess i can get my little brother to play or something...

Since we're moving back to TWC I'll try to revive this Tournament, I'll send some PMs to players I think are reliable enough to take the spot of Renly.

Drake i would love to revive this no doubt but we can't bring new players in. The original players from the championship have fought for a spot here for months. Brining new players into it would not work. It's tag team championship its the best of the best westeros has to offer. We abit over half way now and one team is killing at the moment. Just decide a winner and dont forget every year where hosting this so towards the end of the year there will be another one. :)