Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [HS] Son of the Rivers and the Hills

Default [HS] Son of the Rivers and the Hills

A KORAH hotseat with a few changes to the starting positions:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Oldstones will be a citadel
    • Casterly Rock will be a citadel
    • Highgarden downgraded to fortress; Brightwater Keep upgraded to fortress.
    • No more wooden castles. They bore me
    • Some castles would be slightly more developed than others. Example: Stonehelm, Karhold, Castamere, etc.
    • All regions with mineral resources will start with mines built.
    • A few changes in starting traits.
    • Some modification to king's purses, mayhaps.
    • Turn order changed.
    • Yronwood is now properly developed.
    • Castamere now has a gold mine.
    • The Arbor is now a city.
    • Victory conditions slightly tweaked; whoever fulfills them first wins

Admin: Drakerox

- Factions, Players and The victory conditions:

House Bolton, Kings in the Dreadfort: Open
    Hold 21 regions, including The Dreadfort, Winterfell, the Wolf's Den; Destroy or outlast House Stark, House Arryn

House Stark, Kings of Winter: LexLuther
    Hold 21 regions, including The Dreadfort, Winterfell, the Wolf's Den; Destroy or outlast House Bolton, House Arryn

House Mudd, Kings of Rivers and Hills: TheBlackWolf
    Hold 21 regions, including Oldstones, Riverrun, Duskendale; Destroy or outlast House Durranion, House Arryn, House Lannister

House Yronwood, Kings of the Dornish Mountains: themzr(destroyed by Gardener)
    Hold 21 regions, including Yronwood, Sunspear, Starfall, Oldtown; Destroy or outlast House Martell, House Gardener

House Martell, Kings of Sunspear and the Rhoyne: Rhaegal(destroyed by Gardener)
    Hold 21 regions, including Yronwood, Sunspear, Starfall, Storm's End; Destroy or outlast House Yronwood, House Durrandon

House Hoare, Reaver Kings: SoulGamesInc
    Hold 18 regions, including Orkmont, Pyke, Oldtown, The Arbor, Lannisport, Torrhen's Square, Flint's Finger, Brightwater Keep; Destroy or outlast House
    Gardener, House Lannister

House Arryn, Kings of Mountain and Vale: Axis Sunsoar
    Hold 21 regions, including The Eyrie, Runestone, Winterfell, The Dreadfort, the Wolf's Den; Destroy or outlast House Bolton, House Stark, House Mudd

House Durrandon, Stormkings: Reborn
    Hold 27 regions, including Storm's End, Duskendale, Oldstones, Highgarden; Destroy or outlast House Mudd, House Gardener

House Gardener, Kings of the Reach: The Forgotten
    Hold 24 regions, including Highgarden, Oldstones, The Arbor, Brightwater Keep, Casterly Rock, Duskendale , Stoney Heart; Destroy or outlast House Durranion, House Lannister, House Mudd

House Lannister, Kings of the Rock: Luume (destroyed by Hoare)
    Hold 24 regions, including Casterly Rock, Lannisport, Castamere, Orkmont, Riverrun; Destroy or outlast House Gardener, House Hoare, House Mudd

It should become immediately apparent that some factions, due to having completely different and/or not conflicting objectives (or even having shared objectives) are pretty much natural allies. For example, both Arryn and Durranion have to destroy Mudd, and they have no conflict of interests over the settlements each needs to win. Besides, they are together in the turn order (yes, I did that on purpose). The same could be said of Mudd and Stark, or Mudd and Bolton.

These be the files. Note that you do not need them to play, but they're here so you can check out the changes. Make a back up of your files before overwriting, heh.

http://www.mediafire.com/?llblp22ptr2nc8p

- Rules :

- PM or VM the next player as you post your turn on the thread so the game moves as swiftly as possible.
    - If you know you will miss your turn; nominate a sub and provide them with your password. If you miss your turn and haven't nominated a sub, you'll be skipped.
    - Heroic victories are not allowed unless the same outcome is reached three consecutive times (save and load), the Admin always checks this to be sure.
    - No bug abuse! When you think someone has used a bug report it here and the admin (me) will look into it. A list of common bugs and exploits can be found somewhere in this forum, but I feel rather lazy atm so look for it yourselves
    - No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockading ships.
    - No sallying forth in a siege to deny your besieger the opportunity to sack your settlement.
    - Minimum of 4 units per fort, 2 forts/province
    - Post pictures of battle odds, and results
    - If any army of yours gets defeated, it shan't move next turn. If a defeated army of yours retreats to a settlement, you are not allowed to sally using the defeated units. Exception: Reinforcing armies in defense, when based on forts or settlements, even if defeated, don't lose movement points.
    - Settlements gifted should disband all units save one.
    - No watchtowers. They are permanent, therefore they block forts. A player can easily make advantage of this, at times even unintentionally.
    - No building destruction. Burning down everything is a 'cheap' source of gold, and feels rather weird. Not that I never do it or anything, but I'd make it a rule in my hotseat.
    - No adoptions; use your characters with caution. No marrying your noble ladies to randomly generated characters either; nor adopting generals after you win a battle with no leader; Named characters you start the game with, CAN be adopted (for example, Jonos Mallister, who is not a family member at game start, but is still a character; same for Raymund Vance and others).
    - If the ruling house changes, the player must change as well ; for example, if both Tristifers die, and some bloke from another house rises to power... whoever played House Mudd previously would have to resign and give the spot to someone else.
    - No sharing of ancillaries! Some of them give extra command, and that's easily exploitable to give many generals the crucial night fighter trait.
    - No using of princesses/noble ladies to steal generals! Would you marry off your daughters to a sworn enemy? No? Me neither, you see
    Last edited by DrakeRox; 06-17-2014 at 14:33.

Default Re: [HS] Son of the Rivers and the Hills

I am going to be away for ten days or so, can the admin sub for me please

Dancing with Jak Member Defend Your Castle Champion The Forgotten's Avatar

Here is my new account for whenever my turn is up. But I must say that I will be leaving to go camping from early Monday to late on Saturday. I will not be able to talk, play, or plan, so I will try to leave instructions for my sub or the admin should I need one.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gs...H_Storm_20.sav

Sorry for the time delay, the transfer over took a little while

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fg...AH_Gard_20.sav

Double
    Last edited by Reborn; 06-04-2014 at 01:51.

Sorry, I just got back from my trip and I will try to play tomorrow. I contacted someone asking for a sub, but I suppose he didn't know my turn was up or was occupied. Either way, sorry for the delay, I will try to play soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forgotten View Post
    I contacted someone asking for a sub, but I suppose he didn't know my turn was up or was occupied.
    My fault mate, i forgot you asked and to be honest i've not had the time of late to play my own turns yet alone my allies. :p

House Bolton, Kings in the Dreadfort: Open
    Hold 21 regions, including The Dreadfort, Winterfell, the Wolf's Den; Destroy or outlast House Stark, House Arryn

What is this nonsense? did you not see the post on the old forms?http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Hills/page30

Nevermind my mistake
    Last edited by LexLuther; 06-11-2014 at 05:22.

So do we have to replay the last few turns? For fear of holding this up any longer I went ahead and played at least.

https://www.mediafire.com/?kpqmh55r8uqior0
    Btw, this is labeled wrong. It should be turn 21, but it is the correct save.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle of the Flayedfort.png 
Views:	309 
Size:	690.2 KB 
ID:	13112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flaying of Boltons.png 
Views:	299 
Size:	302.4 KB 
ID:	13113

"Your Grace, what should we do with the survivors?"

"I see no survivors, only traitors. Let them know Winter has come, flay them, flay them all."

~Beron Stark
    King of Winter

Mudd up http://www.mediafire.com/download/h3...AH_Mudd_21.sav
    Last edited by LexLuther; 06-11-2014 at 05:19.

Any ally would like to sub mudd?

I will

Ok I am back now and ready to take any turns from now onwards

Last major Arryn force in the Vale defeated. Gullstone, the Eyrie, Redfort, Runestone and Heart's Home all under siege. Hoare up

SORAH_Hoare_21.rar

"Shattered legs may heal in time, but some betrayals fester and poison the soul" ~ Prince Hilar
    Arryn Up! - http://www.mediafire.com/download/jw...H_Arryn_21.sav

Morton Royce was returning from the North, and upon landing on the northern shores of the Vale, he encountered a party of troops sent by House Mudd to reinforce their efforts to ransack the Vale. Ordering an assault, he and his Valemen overran the firstman group.

Lord Belmore was not willing to let the Eyrie fall without contest to the firstmen, and so he launched a desperate attack to drive the invaders back. He knows that they will return, but for the moment the Eyrie is spared.

All pics in .rar, Stormking up http://www.mediafire.com/download/2f...1+%2B+pics.rar

@Reborn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2qxp5jt.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	13261  
    Last edited by Axis Sunsoar; 06-17-2014 at 05:11.

Last edited by Reborn; 06-20-2014 at 12:05.

Sorry for the wait. I will post the save as soon as possible.

https://www.mediafire.com/?41va4h1fgemrl9t

Name:	be6b22b1-26fa-4fac-b689-6a8a6bdb6489_zps7de81c2e.png 
Views:	223 
Size:	603.4 KB 
ID:	13305

Name:	02df9357-4867-4282-b14d-f6d392f3f17a_zps9b300cdc.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	282.4 KB 
ID:	13308

Name:	ffd91cd9-51e5-407f-9003-34b72dde785d_zps13239c9d.png 
Views:	235 
Size:	680.1 KB 
ID:	13307

Name:	447bc464-7bf5-4725-8489-ef8cad6ef79d_zps979347c9.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	13306

Lets just say, a very, very long turn.

@LexLuther
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/18...H_Stark_22.sav

A group of archers has been defeated.
    Last Hearth was un-garrisoned. Every man, flayed. Every woman and child raped and put to the sword by the men mourning Domeric Bolton. Enjoy the clean-up, you rabid dog!

Last edited by Reborn; 06-21-2014 at 02:56.

Karhold and Moat Cailin are under siege

Mudd Up http://www.mediafire.com/download/a7...Mudd_22(2).sav

Mudds turn should be interesting. :P

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Mudds turn should be interesting. :P
    Interesting is not the word for it, you foul betrayer!!!!!

King Tristifer was planning the total eradication of House Arryn when the news of the Ironborn betrayal came to him. Anger flooded his bones and he ordered an almost total withdrawal of the Vale to combat the Ironborn menance. He also put out bounties on Ironborn settlements, 3000 for a settlement and 1000 for a sunk ironborn fleet.

Meanwhile in the south news emerged that Gulian the Stormking had not been slain in the famous duel between him and Lord Tully but only been badly wounded (I am taking this from the fact he is walking around the Crownlands currently) and so King Tristifer ordered his release from his captive state on the condition that he agrees an alliance between the two states.

Hoare the betrayer up

SORAH_Hoare_22.rar

Extra: Soul asking me for military access last turn and only using it to betray me is low!!!

I have to admit that last part is a bit funny, in the morbid, has happened to me before kind of way. But, if you are going to descend on someone in a vicoius wave of destruction and conquering, may as well do it right and go all the way.

(I don't mind this forum much but I can not get used to their smilies.

Yeah i never used the smilies here. :P
    As for the betrayal i didn't ask for Military Rights with the intent of betraying you (could have executed this without it) as i only planned to betray you within the last few turns. I was going to drop this HS but the backstab looked fun, plus i didn't enjoy the idea of taking regions in the Stormlands so far from the Isles, at least this way the HS remains interesting for me. I was also listening to the theme song from Vikings and it felt so right lol.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; 06-23-2014 at 10:11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast