Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ten Novices One Throne [ Youngbloods Hotseat ]

Default Re: Ten Novices One Throne [ Youngbloods Hotseat ]

Since the turn was already played why not just take it next turn Black Wolf?

alright but I would still like to take a look at the faction, so I know what to do next turn

I would like to play it my self if I can, if my allies would recommend doing some things here at the first turn just send a pm.
    Last edited by Lord Commander; 06-10-2014 at 21:07.

omg, you guys just can't play it fair and clean, always wants to get even a slight advantage with those dirty plays...

the turn is already played but if Black Wolf wants he can play it himself and upload the save, as I havent played yet..
    Last edited by DrakeRox; 06-10-2014 at 21:04.

*sigh* Are you just making a fuss because you don't want him to take that fort? Blackwolf if joe sends you the save please ask him what to do and make sure that you seize that fort unguarded near renly

I will send Joe a pm when i get the save

ok themzr, I already learned that no constructive discussion can come from you so I'll just wait for the admin's word

OK, I had a look at the save. This is the fort with two Stark stacks and one Arryn stack besieging? When I looked at it, it appeared that Arryn was still besieging it, meaning Stark can just re-invest it on his turn and Arryn can initiate the assault?

IF that is not the case: As for actual rule breach, it is a tough one. Were I a M2TW developer, I would have taken this out of the game, however that is neither here nor there. In the interest of fairness all players should have the right to occupy forts that are within range of their armies. I myself have fallen prey to wacky M2TW mechanics and can totally sympathize with those of you who are pissed off. However, I believe that disallowing this would be even more problematic as it makes some unoccupied forts impossible to take.

Moreover, it is not entirely unreasonable in a lore-sense. Leaving a strong defensive position to your rear completely unoccupied would allow your enemies to slip in, harass your rear, and cut off your supply lines. This would halt, or at least delay an assault.

TLDR: Tyrell's move was legal.

In the future, I would recommend leaving forts garrisoned until you have to abandon them, and keeping them further away from your lines. And sure, I'll send Black Wolf a copy of the save to look at, but the turn as it stands now is finalized.

A vote wouldn't be possible?

"You have dragons, lets see them try to stop you" - SoulGamesInc

I woud like to start playing at the next turn bacause I do not have the time to play right now, so use the save joe have uploaded so we can move on.

And Tully only have 3 units in the fort near stoney sept

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    I woud like to start playing at the next turn bacause I do not have the time to play right now, so use the save joe have uploaded so we can move on.

And Tully only have 3 units in the fort near stoney sept
    Hmm, must have forgotten it. Will fix it once my turn is up. The fort is not important at the moment btw.

OK, sounds good. The 4 units thing is more to make you pay upkeep costs on forts you aren't using. Regardless, we all make mistakes so no penalty.

As for a vote, that is only done if the Admin can't decide. While I sympathize with you (I don't think any of us knew these mechanics before hand), I stand by my previous explanation for why it should be legal.
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; 06-10-2014 at 22:50.

Member thankful for this post:

Not to disagree or anything, but I knew of the bug.
    While playing YB IV I played as Martell, I, Renly and Tyrell (I think) was attacking Joffrey.
    I was actually in an alliance with Joffrey and was going to betray Renly and Tyrell when I got the perfect chance.
    Now Renly and a full stack was sieging KL, I was sieging a fort which was next to Renly. When I took the fort from Joffrey, I at the same time quit Renly's siege of KL.
    Now this would be a good opportunity to betray Renly, but I didn't do it. I would allow myself to betray someone by using a "bug", it would not have been "clean" as Jaime Lannister says. I would have "used/exploited" the mechanics if I wanted too, but I didn't because I didn't find it to be the correct thing to do.

Just pointing that thing out there.

Even not agreeing with this(cause he clearly used this bug to exploit the option of lifting my sieges without fighting them, not to block my movement) I'll play, but I request an extension

I'll allow an extension.

As I said before, I sympathize. But if we make a rule saying one cannot occupy forts when it would break a siege, it takes away a lot of tactical options under all circumstances. The admins on high have chosen not to add it to their list of bugs, and I agree with them (see my lore reasons above).

I agree that it would take away alot of tactical options as you mentioned, but for me allowing a whole stack to escape his certain death just by throwing some shitty units you wouldn't miss on a fort that occasionaly was near the armies sieging that stack is more severe than taking away those tactical options, which aren't that many as this situation almost never occurs. And the fact that the older admins have chosen not to add it to the list of bugs isn't a surprise as there is a lot of bugs and essential rules that aren't mentioned even on GS HSs(as example, the bug of surrounding an agent, the navy bug, the yoyo army bug), something that I as a GS member am looking to fix. And also new bugs are found every day, thanks to this M2TW engine.

Luckily Renly won't escape because of that but even then it take away alot of tactical options of mine since I will have to leave my armies there cause Arryn comes after Stark on the turn order.

I respect your decision and your arguments are surely valid. Just wanted to express my opinion.

Greyjoy - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ct...Greyjoy_20.sav

Renly Baratheon is dead, now his bastard nephew sits on the Iron Throne but will soon join him on the grave too. All the Lords that insists on suporting this Bastard King and his silly war will die too, there will be no more offers of peace.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by DrakeRox; 06-11-2014 at 14:36.

Ummmm isn't arryn supposed to play his own turn now?

Drake has never cared about that (but he criticizes me for not playing fairly).

Greywind asked to be Arryn at least two weeks ago but you keep subbing Arryn DrakeRox, why is that?

Firstly try to find out if Greywind is still here before you start talking shit.
    If I am correct, he has left a few HSs.

Guys, inform yourselves before starting to flame me. GreyWind is no longer playing WTW Hotseats.

I'll just begin to ignore you two since you are behaving like kids criticizing me for every damn thing that happens on this hotseat.
    Last edited by DrakeRox; 06-11-2014 at 19:48.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRox View Post
    Guys, inform yourselves before starting to flame me. GreyWind is no longer playing WTW Hotseats.

I'll just begin to ignore you two since you are behaving like kids criticizing me for every damn thing that happens on this hotseat.
    I can criticize you for things you do on other hotseats too, if you want
    And I think Nymeria quit all WTW hotseats, look at Greywind's last post in TNOT in the twc forum he said he definitely wanted to take Arryn now.

After thinking about it, I have decided to withdraw from this hotseat. This has gotten so contentious that it’s no longer fun. A good part of that is my fault. For example, I looked at my last post and thought “really? I said that? (what a jerk).”

So someone can take over for me, or we can end this and call Stark the winner. I really don’t care anymore. Playing this has become a chore rather than enjoyable. I believe it’s possible for me to win if we keep playing (and loyalties stay the way they are), but it’s just not worth it to me.

To DrakeRox, I say that I hope there are no hard feelings. I regret some of the things I’ve said, so I hope we can move on from here and play against each other with respect in the future.

I agree with joerock that this has been getting out of hand. From this point on any unsportsmanlike posts shall be deleted.

As for continuing the HS, Mannis seems to have quit being main admin, and most of the players are gone. As such, let's put it to a vote. VM me your thoughts and I will tally the votes in 24 hours.
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; 06-12-2014 at 06:20.

Mannis is MIA and wont be around. :p
    If you guys need replacements, PM me with what you need Thrawn and i'll add them here - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...pots-available

OK, so it is just about unanimous that we want to continue. Like I said before, so more bickering over this shall be tolerated.

Is Greyjoy still up?

Yes

Back now and playing my turn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast