Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EB Online Tournament 2014: A Call to Arms

Default Re: EB Online Tournament 2014: A Call to Arms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SpwQ1gXiiQ

Information on how to connect if the Hamachi network is full.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Member thankful for this post:

Good stuff, I've also been told one could run mods for RTW on game ranger but I'll have to look into that more.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

@vartan i know i must be patient but dont you agree that this is going to slow ? i mean come on at least they can announce they are available or say that : yeah were here .. were around and ...
    the problem isnt their matches ! its them being available ! you know what i mean ? i mean that some of them signed up and then no sign of them ! and i think some of the players are having problems contacting their opponents ...

Member thankful for this post:

back from my long short holiday. It seems I havent missed allot.
    Damn this is critical. Hamachi is full in the worst moment but it was predictable since I couldn nag people about leaving the network during my departure.

Thnak you Vartan finally the Evolve tutorial. Did anyone tetsed it? Will work with hamachi not being disabled? what should be its place in the adaptor priority list?

still most of the people that have that invisibility problem in the lobby they will probbaly have it with Evolve too. I have kept a list with all that failed to play due to this and its a long one.
    Myabe its that port forwarding thing. Can you do a tutorial on that one too pls!
    Last edited by Kranos; 06-29-2014 at 17:32.

in my case, the invisibility problem was caused by hamachi being recognized as a public untrusted network by Bitdefender.
    I am pretty sure that is the reason for most of the people with the invisibility problem.
    other than that, I am inclined to agree with sepehr. the tournament started 2 weeks ago, and still only three matches have been decided.
    why people who can't/don't want to play join is beyond me....

Nope its not just that. That is among the first things I urge the respective players to check.

Well if anyone has connectivity problems, they haven't come to me. We're in the round of 16 (just like FIFA!) but we're waiting on 6 matches to be played so we can move on to the round of 8. It's been 2 weeks already guys =] let's do this!
    Former Projects:

well some of them already asked for help here at multiplayer forum. Ulises or {V.O.D}_Quetzalcoatl which is in the tourney has it. There are many other from TWC, the most recent ones that prove to have it are Duke Valentino , Eird , Yerevan , Summary etc.How could you help them besides witht hat port forwarding thing?

I will talk with he guys in the tourney that havent showed up but probably many of them havent try playing through hamachi yet and they will have this conectivity issue.

regarding hamachi: those 5 slots free networks can be managed by those who create them eg can I kick the offline players?

for those who want to play with me or met me at hamachi Ive created mine

ID: EB Online-Orphydian
    pass: eb

I have to try evolve I have no alternative now with hamachi full. So hamachi should be disabled or only turned off when you are using Evolve?

Im awaiting all of you to test it better
    Last edited by Kranos; 06-30-2014 at 23:00.

I use Hamachi and Evolve simultaneously (i.e., at the same time). They have never conflicted for me. A priori, you may power off the Hamachi client if you feel so inclined.

I mentioned that people may create temporary networks on Hamachi and PM their opponent the relevant information so that they may play their tournament matches. Evolve is an alternative to this, and will be the primary platform for EB2 Online.

And yes, if you create a network using the menu in the Hamachi client, you have full admin control over the network.
    Former Projects:

Gisgo Governer of Ippone Member madmatg's Avatar

Me and my partner are in communication we just have missed each other a few times, we'll get it sooner or later

Phil 2:9-11 Phil 4:4

No signs from mrbasso.

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    No signs from mrbasso.
    I'm on a mission to translate some Immanuel Kant from German to English. I'll be done within the next four or so hours. If by the time I return from this mission I haven't heard from mrbasso, I'm advancing BroskiDerpman to the next round. Just putting this here for the record and so we have a rough timeline. Wouldn't call it short notice since it's been a week or longer!
    Former Projects:

May I ask if it's possible to join the tournament?

sonnet you may take my place.... me and ooji have technical problems with Hamachi after multiple hours it isn't fixed.
    Ooji surrenderd so i abdicate and you may take the command against BroskiDerpman

first and foremost lets see if sonnet can play

for those who want to play with me or meet me at hamachi Illl created several "mini-networks" by demand.

ID: EB Online-Orphydian, EB Online-Orphydian2, EB Online-Orphydian3 etc.

Password: eb

I would suggest all of the players use this standard

If I may just confirm with Ooji that he has conceded to TWModding, then I don't see why sonnet can't take his spot since TWModding is willing to give his spot to you.

Thanks for helping people out Orphydian.

EDIT: Stormrage and Sepehr Kurden Madig, please arrange your match. Maximus Rosarius and Hoplite of Ilis have not been heard from here for about 3 weeks now, due to their work. I am thus, with all due respect, advancing Stormrage so that he and Sepehr can proceed to their match. I know both have just been waiting, sorry guys!
    Last edited by vartan; 07-05-2014 at 20:07.
    Former Projects:

Hey all , I would be happy to jump into this tournament against whoever if you all end up needing another fill - in person. This is assuming that I have no connection issues and can play. Vartan I will see you monday night on evolve I have not forgot and thanks again. It is good to see everybody in the EB community helping each other out I love it!

Hi stormage ! if you can play the matches by tonight it will be great because im on vacation but by luck i found a computer that has rome in one of my reletives computer and i will only have access to it till tomorrow so if we can play by tonight it will be great if not you have to wait for 4 days (hope your ok with waiting a bit more) and if you just dont feel like waiting :P its ok if you want to advance ;)
    Last edited by Sepehr Kurden Madig; 07-06-2014 at 11:06.

vartan, I think you should do something about wise coffin and quetzelcoatl too.

Shot off another pm at king of the ring (first one 2/3 weeks ago). Since I'll be gone for a while soon I might withdraw, but I'll report here should that come to pass

Cohors_Evocata / Adalingum

Darn. Alright, I've got @sonnet in for TWModding, awaiting an opponent. Cohors_Evocata/Adalingum, I'm sorry! I'll PM King of the Ring to see if I get a response. Sorry for the inconvenience. @tishtar I'll PM Wise Coffin and Quetzalcoatl as well to see if I get a response, thanks for the heads up.
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Darn. Alright, I've got @sonnet in for TWModding, awaiting an opponent. Cohors_Evocata/Adalingum, I'm sorry! I'll PM King of the Ring to see if I get a response. Sorry for the inconvenience. @tishtar I'll PM Wise Coffin and Quetzalcoatl as well to see if I get a response, thanks for the heads up.
    @vartan : sorry I have to withdraw for the moment. I thought I could make it work hamachi with Linux, as I'm using RTW on wine with LInux.
    Until I figure this out ,I have to withdraw. Again, sorry

@ Vartan: Oops, my bad, I didn't expect you (or anybody else here, for that matter) to respond like that. I should've specified that I did receive a reply to my first pm, it's just that king of the ring wasn't set up yet at the time. My previous post was a notification of my own possible lack of time, not an accusation towards king of the ring, but I agree, it was very badly worded. Again, my apologies. It wasn't my intent to mislead.
    Last edited by Adalingum; 07-08-2014 at 09:28.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnet View Post
    @vartan : sorry I have to withdraw for the moment. I thought I could make it work hamachi with Linux, as I'm using RTW on wine with LInux.
    Until I figure this out ,I have to withdraw. Again, sorry
    You'll be better off running it inside VirtualBox on a copy of WinXP or Win7. Let me know if you're sure then that you won't be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalingum View Post
    @ Vartan: Oops, my bad, I didn't expect you (or anybody else here, for that matter) to respond like that. I should've specified that I did receive a reply to my first pm, it's just that king of the ring wasn't set up yet at the time. My previous post was a notification of my own possible lack of time, not an accusation towards king of the ring, but I agree, it was very badly worded. Again, my apologies. It wasn't my intent to mislead.
    No problem. I just want to make sure whether you two are going to be able to play or not. He mentioned when he registered on the TWC that he may or may not be able to play, so that's a factor I need to consider.
    Former Projects:

So am I versus Sonnet now?

Just for your knowledge I will not be available next week but will be available after that.

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    So am I versus Sonnet now?

Just for your knowledge I will not be available next week but will be available after that.
    MrBasso hasn't come forward so I'll advance you. Sonnet withdrew so the only person who is on standby to take his place is J5298333. I'll update the bracket to reflect this now.

Note: The server has been down the last day or two and I've been very upset, dealing with the company that hosts the server. I'm working each night to get it back to work asap. I'll put the link to the Factional Units List here so people can access it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing
    Former Projects:

Since I'll be gone for about a week after tomorrow, I'll leave it to the organisers here to decide how to deal with my participation. As of writing, I have yet to receive a reply to my recent pm to king of the ring.

Again like I posted in the other thread I am super honored to be able to be in the tourny if I can but .... it is contingent on me getting hamachi to work to where I can actually connect to some 1 .

Quote Originally Posted by Adalingum View Post
    Since I'll be gone for about a week after tomorrow, I'll leave it to the organisers here to decide how to deal with my participation. As of writing, I have yet to receive a reply to my recent pm to king of the ring.
    No matter. Hopefully by the time you return, King of the Ring will be available to play with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by J5298333 View Post
    Again like I posted in the other thread I am super honored to be able to be in the tourny if I can but .... it is contingent on me getting hamachi to work to where I can actually connect to some 1 .
    I private messaged you J, please see your inbox. Thank you.
    Former Projects:

@vartan, did wise coffin answer your message? I talked to him on hamachi and he told me that he had messaged @quetzalcoatl and received no answer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast