Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EB Online Tournament 2014: A Call to Arms

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Default Re: EB Online Tournament 2014: A Call to Arms

News: The Romano-Celtic army of TCV has just defeated the Graeco-Iberian armies of madmatg. Put me up for a 2-0 victory.

Gisgo Governer of Ippone Member madmatg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    News: The Romano-Celtic army of TCV has just defeated the Graeco-Iberian armies of madmatg. Put me up for a 2-0 victory.
    True

Phil 2:9-11 Phil 4:4

TCV and madmatg, thank you for playing. Congrats on your victory TCV, sorry about the loss madmatg, but I'm glad you joined us! Please stick with us to play as many friendly matches as you want. Also, if you'll be playing EB2, I'd be glad to see you on board for that as well! You too TCV.

Quote Originally Posted by tishtar View Post
    @vartan, did wise coffin answer your message? I talked to him on hamachi and he told me that he had messaged @quetzalcoatl and received no answer.
    Hi Tishtar. Thank you for reminding me. It has been just over a week since my message to Quetzalcoatl with no response so I will advance The Wise Coffin and notify him of this. Thus you will have your awaited match. Thank you.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Hi vartan, thanks, I am aiming to be first one through again!
    by the way, what has happened to the network? only me and our brave sir robin are still standing.
    also, I have a question. can we organize another (EB2) tourney a month or so after EB2 comes out?
    that way, we might have a chance to play with the dev team.
    P.S : it might not be appropriate to ask this, but are you and Robin in the dev team?
    Last edited by tishtar; 07-16-2014 at 06:11.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Hello everyone, its good to see EBO is still going strong! Sorry for my being away for so long, life has been very, very busy and continues to be so.

To answer your question Tishtar the network is empty because I booted all the inactives. I know I was far too late in doing this but hopefully now there won't be any more issues with Hamachi for a time. I'll try to keep an eye on it more often.

I would ask Vartan about setting up another tourney since I can't say that I have time to organize or participate in one but I don't personally foresee any difficulties with that. As far as I'm concerned, the network is free to use by anyone who enjoys EB and playing online. I only ask that you mainly try to utilize it for EBO (or EBO II).

As for the dev team question, I wish that I were.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

As Robin said, he purged the network of offline members that had not left the network when signing off. Also, as I've mentioned briefly before, my plan is to shift EB Online from EB to EB2. This means I will be hosting tournaments for EB2. (Note: I cannot promise any prize pool as I've done here because the current tournament is exceptional, and the only way I could offer something regularly would be to have an entry fee for tournaments. I want EBO to be free to all, so I will not go that route.)

EB was arguably developed with single player (SP) in mind. If this is also the case with EB2, I completely support the dev team, because I think SP campaigns are the essence of this mod. Now, if the dev team would like to dabble in MP, whether casually or by participating in tournaments, I welcome it. I think it would help in the way of balancing for MP, if they choose to do that. If not, that's alright, as the EBO community has always been helpful in tweaking our custom stats for online play.

I am not a member of the EB dev team. EBO is a project I began after the successful 2009 tournament we somehow got together. It was the only tournament I participated in, and I wanted to see more such events, so I started organizing. I hope you weren't around to see the older iteration of the website. I'm no web designer so my aims are purely functional, not aesthetic. If anyone would like to help in that department, please, be my guest. I couldn't design to save my life :-p

Robin, thank you for coming on. Your timing is not bad, thank you so much. As for a busy life, tell me about it man. Between family, friends, and grad school, I don't know how I'm still here. I just want to support EB in my own little way. It has given us plenty, and I can only try and give back what I can.

Regarding technicalities between Hamachi and Evolve, I'll give updates as I can. It's particularly difficult because unlike many of the players, I'm usually behind a special network (work or academic-related), and this means a particular setup that is a hindrance to my testing connections with players. For the next five weeks, however, I am on a home network like most of you, and so I'll have a chance to test as much as possible. Thank you all for your patience.
    Former Projects:

Member thankful for this post:

I'll be back tomorrow. (Might be on today)
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

No news from stormage ... i did send him a pm about 2-1 weeks ago ... so what should i do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sepehr Kurden Madig View Post
    No news from stormage ... i did send him a pm about 2-1 weeks ago ... so what should i do ?
    Im at +3 gmt what time would be good for you :) ?

Back from my trip, yet still no pm from my opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Adalingum View Post
    Back from my trip, yet still no pm from my opponent
    Hi there. Haven't logged in for about five days, sorry! I'll move you forward since your opposition hasn't expressed his presence. TCV vs Cohors Evocata (aka Adalingum), best of luck and enjoy.
    Former Projects:

My opponent vanished. O.o Sigh... I'm beginning to lose interest when all my opponents don't really post here about when they can play. If they post here about when they can play (And their EB works on hamachi; mine does) then I can suggest time we can meet.

Double posting...

Ok I give up on this tournament, I haven't even played one match yet and this tournament is just dragging out too long for how much people there is in it. All my opponents haven't really posted here in this thread so I've lost my hope of even bothering to check hamachi.

hey storm im sorry i didnt see your post till now :D ok im ready almost always :P we should cordinate our match via private message .

tishtar's phalanxes defeated their counter parts in wise coffin's army, to yield a score of 2-0 in favor of Tishtar.

Edit: Yeah I'd like to withdraw please.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 07-25-2014 at 17:35.

tishtar's phalanxes defeated their counter parts in wise coffin's army, to yield a score of 2-0 in favor of Tishtar.
    Congratulations. I will enter in your match score now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Edit: Yeah I'd like to withdraw please.
    Aww =(

I'm sorry...
    Former Projects:

I guess I'm ages late to the tournament.
    I'm looking forward to next year's tournament, probably on EB2 :P.
    Just came to say hi
    From Gamegeek2

vartan, can't you give him broski's place?

Hi LMT. Tishtar, I know LMT from a while back. Since nobody else is waiting for a spot, I'll put you in the bracket LMT. Your opponent will be J5298333, with whom you'll need to arrange a time to play (PM each other). He needs help connecting so I'll try and meet with him Monday evening to make sure he's ready to play.

Note: There was a Steam update to Rome a day or two ago and I'll be making a video as soon as I get a chance discussing the implications of this, and how it affects us.
    Former Projects:

stormage ? come on ! how many more days i should wait for you to respond ?

stormage ? come on ! how many more days i should wait for you to respond ?
    Dear SKM, did you PM Stormrage?
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Dear SKM, did you PM Stormrage?
    well i did PM him once, two-three weeks ago ... and he answered me here (not in PM) about a week ago that he is available and when we should play our match ... i said im always online and no answers from him ...

well i did PM him once, two-three weeks ago ... and he answered me here (not in PM) about a week ago that he is available and when we should play our match ... i said im always online and no answers from him ...
    Alright, no problem mate. I'll send him a message and hopefully he'll get back to you asap. Cheers.
    Former Projects:

Alright, no problem mate. I'll send him a message and hopefully he'll get back to you asap. Cheers.
    Hey dude this is taking too long ...

Hey dude this is taking too long ...
    Sorry buddy, waiting for not only yours, but two other battles as well. Tishtar is waiting, too [=
    Former Projects:

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Sorry buddy, waiting for not only yours, but two other battles as well. Tishtar is waiting, too [=
    Yeah, I won't be able to play my battle until next week I believe as my opponent doesn't have access to his PC until then. Just gotta be patient.

the Persian are no strangers to waiting, vartan-san.
    it seems to me that sepehr, celtic and myself are the only "Active" players in the tourney. I don't think jinsert_large_number is actually in the forums, and despite his initial enthuthiasm stormrage in nowhere to be found.
    I hate complaining, I really do. but seriously people, why do you join if you can't participate? half the matches have been ruled in favour of one side due to the absence of the other.
    I just hope it gets better with EB2

the Persian are no strangers to waiting, vartan-san.
    it seems to me that sepehr, celtic and myself are the only "Active" players in the tourney. I don't think jinsert_large_number is actually in the forums, and despite his initial enthuthiasm stormrage in nowhere to be found.
    I hate complaining, I really do. but seriously people, why do you join if you can't participate? half the matches have been ruled in favour of one side due to the absence of the other.
    I just hope it gets better with EB2
    I could not have said it better myself. We will simply host score-based tournaments as we always have before. That way, people can participate no matter if they can only play a few days of the month or every single day.

On Sale Now
    Heads up, there's a weekend sale going on for Total War games over at the Humble Bundle, where a portion of sales go to various charities. I'll provide the link below for those who might be wanting to join EB Online but don't own either RTW or M2TW (for EB 2). It's ultra-cheap right now, and you can activate on Steam. Cheers guys!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...talwar_weekend
    Last edited by vartan; 08-16-2014 at 07:20.
    Former Projects:

@ The Celtic Viking.

My sincerest apologies for not going online today. I've already sent a pm with the details about why I couldn't play.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast