Hi all,

Does anyone know of any mods that would address these two issues:

1) When you attack with more than 1 stack, you can only place the first stack before the battle. The remaining units have to slowly appear from the edge of the map. Is there a way to have all of your main and support units placeable before the battle starts? I play as Rome and know that the normal consular army had 2 legions so I want to be able to start each battle with both stacks together.

2) Ever since the first Rome and the move to 3D, I feel like the battle maps have gotten pretty boring. It's 1 bland flat plain, or 1 bland hillside. Maybe there's 1 forest somewhere. If my stack is on or near a bridge, it doesn't seem to force bridge battles. Even while fighting in western Europe the battle maps are so plain and featureless. Maybe sometimes there's a light grey streak which I guess is supposed to represent a road. But there are no small trees, no farm houses, no hedges, no lakes, few trees in general, no hillocks... Basically there are no tactically important terrain features anywhere on almost any of the battle maps I've played (unless it's a city of course).