Thread: EBO : when I join the lobby, I can't see the other players

Default EBO : when I join the lobby, I can't see the other players

Hello
    When I join the lobby, I can't see the other players, and the other players can't see me. I can't join rooms, and when I host they can't join me.
    I have installed EDU 3.4, replay viewer and eb1.2 fixes.
    my hamachi name is tishtar.
    thanks.

Default Re: EBO : when I join the lobby, I can't see the other players

This happens sometimes. Sometimes a restart of the pc is all that's necessary. Sometimes you have to mess with network adapter priorities. If you go to Network and Sharing Center in Windows Vista and beyond (found under Control Panel >> Network and Internet), and go to Change adapter settings, press the Alt key to bring up the menu bar, go to Advanced >> Advanced Settings, you will want to be sure your Hamachi adapter the lowest on the list (highlight and press the down arrow to move it down). You can make it go as far down as one level above [Remote Access connections]. The netcode for the Rome engine isn't superb...

EDIT: Also make sure you have a green (direct tunnel) connection with whoever else you're trying to play with. Relayed tunnels over Hamachi/Tunngle/Evolve/Wippien won't work.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Member thankful for this post:

thanks for your reply vartan.
    I did what you said and Hamachi adapter was already the lowest, excluding remote access connections.
    It still doesn't seem to work, or else the person I tried with had the problem too.

Well that's quite odd. If you have a green dot connection in the Hamachi list to the person you wish to play with, then it matters not whether you're at school, work, or have a weird setup. That green dot indicates a direct tunnel, so the lan should work properly...should. If only these things worked reliably and consistently. I hate feeling helpless about these things when they don't work when they ought to. Is there anything funky, fancy or unusual about your internet setup that might help me determine the cause?
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Not that I know of

solved the problem by checking firewall rules, hamachi was a public network, when I made it trusted it worked.