Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The disgusting organization that is FIFA

Default Re: The disgusting organization that is FIFA

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cu...houting-glory/

FIFA continues sucking to Russia. Can't see what's wrong with "Glory to Ukaine". It is like "Vive la France" or something like that. I wonder if he shouted that or "Glory to Russia" would FIFA look differently upon it?
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 07-15-2018 at 12:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cu...houting-glory/

FIFA continues sucking to Russia. Can't see what's wrong with "Glory to Ukaine". It is like "Vive la France" or something like that. I wonder if he shouted that or "Glory to Russia" would FIFA look differently upon it?
    Because it's just plain out lying, as Ukraine aren't even in the tournament to win any glory. It would be like saying that England play good football; just as palpably untrue. Now it would be different if they said that Ukraine are crap, or that England play like a lower division team.

FWIW, anyone singing Deutschland uber Alles should also be done for misrepresenting the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Because it's just plain out lying, as Ukraine aren't even in the tournament to win any glory. It would be like saying that England play good football; just as palpably untrue. Now it would be different if they said that Ukraine are crap, or that England play like a lower division team.

FWIW, anyone singing Deutschland uber Alles should also be done for misrepresenting the facts.
    I didn't get it. Do you mean you side with FIFA in this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    I didn't get it. Do you mean you side with FIFA in this issue?
    Nah, just wanted to say that England played like a lower league team in the FA Cup.

Member thankful for this post:

Ranting for nothing? FIFA is just processing the reports, nothing has been decided. If I was Ukrainian I would find this fascination of Nazis with my country quite embarrassing*. Anyway, I love the cowardice of provocative idiots.

"Boohoo, it was just a joke, I was referring to my buddies, please don't fine!". Not having the guts to defend yourself and instead being forced to invent childish excuses is pathetic but also expected from the admirers of Ustashe. Glad France humiliated these clowns.

*That's not addressed at you Girlandir.
    Last edited by Crandar; 07-15-2018 at 21:55. Reason: Bad vocabulary.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    Ranting for nothing? FIFA is just processing the reports, nothing has been decided. Anyway, if I was Ukrainian I would find this fascination of Nazis with my country quite embarrassing. Anyway, I love the cowardice of provocative idiots.

"Boohoo, it was just a joke, I was referring to my buddies, please don't fine!". Not having the guts to defend yourself and instead being forced to invent childish excuses is pathetic but also expected from the admirers of Ustashe. Glad France humiliated these clowns.

I agree with you in part. If you are going to protest/complain, have the moral fortitude to own up to what you are doing.

When I was at university as a student, I signed my 'evaluation of the teacher' feedback forms.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    I agree with you in part. If you are going to protest/complain, have the moral fortitude to own up to what you are doing.

When I was at university as a student, I signed my 'evaluation of the teacher' feedback forms.
    Doesn't that undermine the other students' evaluations (to the extent they have any)? Seems a bit conceited.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Doesn't that undermine the other students' evaluations (to the extent they have any)? Seems a bit conceited.
    That's their problem. Owning one's criticisms is never wrong, even if the criticisms themselves are wrong. Other people may not be obliged to do so, but doing so is not wrong.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    It may have. If so, so be it.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    If I was Ukrainian I would find this fascination of Nazis with my country quite embarrassing*.

*That's not addressed at you Girlandir.
    If you think that by saying "Glory to Ukraine" one expresses fascination with Ukrainian nazis, you are deeply mistaken. The salutation has stopped being associated with nationalists (and it never was with Nazis) and it is quite usual to hear it from different people (including jews, officials, priests) on different occasions.

Symbolic words and images may change and lose their former significance and associations. Same as the current Russian flag in the time of WWII was a symbol of Vlasov's army. And swastika of ancient India has been totally usurped by Hitler and has now totally negative connotation.

http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs...-about-ukraine
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 07-17-2018 at 10:24.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345