Thread: New SS 6.4 HS: preparations thread (2 turns per week)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: New SS 6.4 HS: preparations thread (2 turns per week)

Quote Originally Posted by ebs View Post
    Im IN!
    I'd be obviously happy if you join.
    Still I need to ask a question:
    Did you read well the first post? The HS won't require much of your time, but you need to be available to play the same days and the same time each week (you'll choose when). So if you can ,pls indicate me your time and days of preference as indicated in the first post.

We'll start with 12-13 players I'll define the blocks (will be mostly as indicated in my example).
    Ideally the British islands, Egypt and Novgorod block should be taken by less experienced players as those are the strongest and easiest to manage, and thus will give us the most balanced experienced.
    In general I suggest the less experienced players to choose blocks on the corners (beyond the one I mentioned in order o easiness Viking block,Turks block (if there's no Kwarezm/mongols, Moorish-Sicily block and Spanish block) shouldn't be too hard to manage.
    Block at the center (in order of easiness France Block,Byz-Hung, HRE block, TO-Lith block, Venice-Genoa Block) will be much harder to manage, and will require luck (events you can't simply control that need to turn in your favor) and excellent diplomacy skills beyond the usual skills require to succeed.

So you can choose your blocks looking at the example I wrote before ( I added few modifications):
    Block 1: England-Scotland
    Block 2: Norway-Denmark
    Block 3: HRE-Poland
    Block 4: France-Aragon
    Block 5: Portugal-Castille (and Aragon if player block 4 chooses France)
    Block 6: Moors-Sicily
    Block 7: Venice-Genoa
    Block 8: Hungary -ERE
    Block 9: TO-Lihuania (and whatever is not chosen between Novgorod and Kiev).
    Block 10:Koj- Fatmids
    Block 11: Turks (and Byzantines if player block 8 chooses Hungary, and Koj if player block 10 chooses Egypt)
    Block 12: Novgorod-Kiev
    Block 13: Mongols- Kwarezm

If more than one player wants the same block, we'll make a drawing for those and the loser will get whatever is left.
    And pls whoever didn't indicate me the days and time, pls do so. When you do it, do not think only when you're free now, but possibly a time
    and days in which you might possible be free to continue playing in the future
    For now:
    Legourou - block 1
    Last edited by sonnet; 06-18-2014 at 10:04.