Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 73

Thread: System install for EB Day

  1. #1

    Default System install for EB Day

    Hi

    Not that I am going to install and play as soon as released ;) but.......what should we have installed, patched and ready as the base installation for this mod?

  2. #2

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    M2TW Kingdoms, patch 1.5.


  3. #3

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by HFox View Post

    Not that I am going to install and play as soon as released
    sure?? i'm going to give my mobile number to Tux or Brennus so they can call me one minute before the release! ahhahaha

  4. #4
    EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,283

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI Eupator View Post
    M2TW Kingdoms, patch 1.5.
    And for the love of all that is holy, don't install the game in Program Files.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  5. #5

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Have tests been done with the recent M2TW patch (yes, recent ) integrating it into Steamworks?

    BTW, if you don't know, you can now register your retail RTW/M2TW cd-key with Steam.

  6. #6

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    I've read that that new patch plays merry hell with the file system, probably breaking the mod.

  7. #7

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    wa wa wa whaaaat? a new Patch for Medieval 2 total war??!?!? link plz

    Excuse my net-talk, but this did baffle me quite a bit.

    Anyway I'd like to second gstephenopolous' question: is there any word on Steam compability, aside from "we're working on it"?
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

    "Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

    "People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

  8. #8
    COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...
    Posts
    10,316

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    a new Patch for Medieval 2 total war??!?!? link plz
    Gamespy is kaput, so CA patched to enable multiplayer via steam...

    Member thankful for this post:



  9. #9

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Here's a procedure for using mods under the new patch.

    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...7-2014-update?

    Member thankful for this post:



  10. #10

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by gstephenopolous View Post
    Here's a procedure for using mods under the new patch.

    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...7-2014-update?
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ix-01-08-2014?

    New patch hotfix...

  11. #11
    Member Member Dutchhoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    416

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    I'm confused...The new patch is for steam users??
    I love the smell of bronze in the morning!

    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Seleucid, EB 1.2. Carthaginian, RSII Pergamon

  12. #12
    Bored Member Tux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Romania, Klausenburg
    Posts
    9,267

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchhoplite View Post
    I'm confused...The new patch is for steam users??
    Yes, only for steam.

  13. #13
    EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,283

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    If you aren't bothered about multiplayer, avoid Steam like the plague. The non-Steam version works perfectly with no issues whatsoever, and no problems patching.

    If you must have multiplayer, then you're stuck with Steam and the half-fixed/unfinished patching that's still being tinkered with as we speak.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

    Member thankful for this post:



  14. #14
    Member Member Marcus F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    The Kingdoms 1.5 patch makes the game unplayable for me on my computer (apparently it is a windows 7 thing that causes it). i have spent the last 6 hours trying to make the 1.5 patch work on my computer in preparation for EBII but to no avail. The 1.4 version works fine but not the 1.5.

    my question is will it be possible to play EBII on kingdoms 1.4?



  15. #15
    EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,283

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus F View Post
    The Kingdoms 1.5 patch makes the game unplayable for me on my computer (apparently it is a windows 7 thing that causes it). i have spent the last 6 hours trying to make the 1.5 patch work on my computer in preparation for EBII but to no avail. The 1.4 version works fine but not the 1.5.

    my question is will it be possible to play EBII on kingdoms 1.4?
    I'm running Win7 and it patched just fine. Are you using the Steam or non-Steam version, that's the critical thing.

    EBII won't work on 1.4, there were all sorts of important changes made with 1.5 that it uses.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  16. #16
    Member Member Marcus F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Its the non - steam user version, i just cant get it to work. i have checked a lot of forms and many pple have had the same issue. i know this isn't the right form but but any help with installing 1.5 would be much appreciated.

    been a long time fan of EB and EBII and I really want to play EBII when it is released

    Cheers



  17. #17
    EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,283

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus F View Post
    Its the non - steam user version, i just cant get it to work. i have checked a lot of forms and many pple have had the same issue. i know this isn't the right form but but any help with installing 1.5 would be much appreciated.

    been a long time fan of EB and EBII and I really want to play EBII when it is released

    Cheers
    I'm a non-Steam Win7 user. Where is your game installed? Did you commit the cardinal sin of installing it in Program Files? Do you have UAC active?

    I didn't install it in Program Files (it's on D:\M2TW\), and I disabled UAC a long time ago. All I did was install M2TW Gold, then Kingdoms, then the patch. Do you have Gold or something else? Did you get the right patch?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  18. #18
    Member Member Marcus F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    - No didnt install into program files.
    - UAC is disabled
    - I have Gold and I downloaded the Kingdoms 1.5 UK patch (I believe it is the correct region)

    I have done what you have explained above and i am able to install the kingdoms 1.5 patch but when i go to play a Kingdoms expansion it says, error, i have the wrong disc (and i don't, i have tried both disks. Alot of pple seem to have this issue and i cant figure out why it is happening).

    Its weird



  19. #19

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI Eupator View Post
    M2TW Kingdoms, patch 1.5.
    Will it work with multiplayer patched steam kingdoms?

  20. #20
    EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,283

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissher View Post
    Will it work with multiplayer patched steam kingdoms?
    No one knows yet, the patch is half-arsed piece of crap that they're still tinkering with.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  21. #21
    Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    799

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No one knows yet, the patch is half-arsed piece of crap that they're still tinkering with.
    The patch, or Rome 2?

    Or both?

    CA is just pumping out quality work.
    Last edited by fallen851; 08-04-2014 at 13:11.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

  22. #22
    EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    13,502

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus F View Post
    - No didnt install into program files.
    - UAC is disabled
    - I have Gold and I downloaded the Kingdoms 1.5 UK patch (I believe it is the correct region)

    I have done what you have explained above and i am able to install the kingdoms 1.5 patch but when i go to play a Kingdoms expansion it says, error, i have the wrong disc (and i don't, i have tried both disks. Alot of pple seem to have this issue and i cant figure out why it is happening).

    Its weird
    Go to the M2TW technical help forums at the Org and TWC, read up on similar issues and how they were solved and try those. If still no luck, post to see if somebody will help you. Unfortunately this is a common problem and you will not be able to play EB2 until your system is updated to 1.05.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

  23. #23

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    And for the love of all that is holy, don't install the game in Program Files.
    Why? I have EB 1 installed there and nothing bad happens and besides I'm going to have to install it in program files because I have kingdoms on steam only (Athough M2TW on disc)

  24. #24

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by gstephenopolous View Post
    Have tests been done with the recent M2TW patch (yes, recent ) integrating it into Steamworks?

    BTW, if you don't know, you can now register your retail RTW/M2TW cd-key with Steam.
    I know I didn't have kingdoms until I registered my CD Key with steam (If you put your M2TW CD key in it gives you the steam copy instead of patching the disc copy and it has kingdoms with it even though you only put your M2TW CD key in)
    Last edited by Chrissher; 08-05-2014 at 16:52.

  25. #25

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No one knows yet, the patch is half-arsed piece of crap that they're still tinkering with.
    If it doesn't I will have to get disc kingdoms. I MUST PLAY EBII
    Last edited by Chrissher; 08-05-2014 at 16:52.

  26. #26

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissher View Post
    I know I didn't have kingdoms until I registered my CD Key with steam (If you put your M2TW CD key in it gives you the steam copy instead of patching the disc copy and it has kingdoms with it even though you only put your M2TW CD key in)
    How do you do that ? Add a game in the library on steam and just enter the serial number of your retail version ?

    @Marcus F : did you try to launch kingdom trough the launcher.exe ? Cause the kingdom.exe is not a standalone and thus it can't be used to launch the game (I know how stupid it sounds).

    Frankly, this M2TW launcher is a mess. I just bought another non-steam version of M2TW on Gamersgate for 4 euros in order to install it on another computer and I have this "an unhandled exception has occurred in your application" error message everytime I use it

    Since I started playing other games than TW I realised how easy a game installation could be....
    Last edited by Alcibiade; 08-05-2014 at 20:33.

  27. #27
    EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,283

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissher View Post
    Why? I have EB 1 installed there and nothing bad happens and besides I'm going to have to install it in program files because I have kingdoms on steam only (Athough M2TW on disc)
    Because UAC is even more paranoid and annoying with anything installed there. It's bad file management; games should be installed safely away from your everyday applications so you can format your OS (which will mean reinstalling all your apps anyway, so they might as well be there) without losing your games and other data.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissher View Post
    If it doesn't I will have to get disc kingdoms. I MUST PLAY EBII
    If you can afford to, you'll spare yourself a lot of hassle and unknowns down the line if you just get an offline version of Kingdoms.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  28. #28
    Member Member Ozonius Tomicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    I live in a small town in Northern Idaho, USA
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Perhaps I have just missed it but is there a sticky or part of the FAQ that furnishes links for all of the minimum required patches?

    Seems like it would be nice for folks to have a source for patches which have the blessings of the team, and which is posted prominently in the days leading up to launch.
    Last edited by Ozonius Tomicus; 08-08-2014 at 05:19.

  29. #29
    EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,283

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozonius Tomicus View Post
    Perhaps I have just missed it but is there a sticky or part of the FAQ that furnishes links for all of the minimum required patches?

    Seems like it would be nice for folks to have a source for patches which have the blessings of the team, and which is posted prominently in the days leading up to launch.
    It's been said time and again in various topics, you need Kingdoms patched up to 1.05.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  30. #30
    EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    13,502

    Default Re: System install for EB Day

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's been said time and again in various topics, you need Kingdoms patched up to 1.05.
    Agreed that we've said this 100 times, but I just checked the FAQ and we did NOT (until moments ago) state that you needed the 1.05 patch. So thanks for the reminder!
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

    Members thankful for this post (2):



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO