Thread: helping in future

Default helping in future

hello there, I see that one of the aims of releasing this beta, is to encourage those with the necessary skills to come and help develop the project further. I myself do not, at present, have the necessary computer skills but would like to start in order that I may, one day, get involved. could you recommend a place to start, perhaps software needed for unit alteration etc? Also, is there any more need of help for research, descriptions, as I could be of use for this? It would be nice to be involved, in some small way, with this work in the future, but no worries if you are good.

Default Re: helping in future

http://mtwitalia.freeforumzone.leona.../cartella.aspx

it's an italian forum, but with the immagines and google translate can be usefull (if you don't find anything in english)

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cognitive View Post
    hello there, I see that one of the aims of releasing this beta, is to encourage those with the necessary skills to come and help develop the project further. I myself do not, at present, have the necessary computer skills but would like to start in order that I may, one day, get involved. could you recommend a place to start, perhaps software needed for unit alteration etc? Also, is there any more need of help for research, descriptions, as I could be of use for this? It would be nice to be involved, in some small way, with this work in the future, but no worries if you are good.
    Both the Org and TWC have very helpful modding subforums that include plenty of tutorials in a wide range of areas. I would suggest you play the game after release, think about some areas you might like to change, learn how to do that, and then test out some of what you learned. If you don't have skills in key areas already, it helps to be a patient person. Many people like the idea of modding, but then realize it's more work than play. I laugh every time my girlfriend asks if I'm "playing that game". I wish!
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

yes that's true kull, ideas are rarely reality. thanks for directing me to the tutorials, I will look into these.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Also there are a simple tasks, though monotonous ones, almost anyone can help with. Proofreading for example. Anyone who is a native English speaker or has a very good grasp of English can help with that for example.

Those interested in helping out with research can try their hand at province descriptions, see this thread. Those interested in proofreading can also find work there:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...e-EBII-Team-10

Minister of Useless Tidbits Member joshmahurin's Avatar

I would be interested in helping to proof read now that my limited work is done. I see that the list on the OP is organized but I don't seem to have access to any that are listed as needing proofreading. I assume they are internal descriptions. Should I just start reading the latest posted descriptions and posting any corrections or how do you guys like that organizes?

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshmahurin View Post
    I would be interested in helping to proof read now that my limited work is done. I see that the list on the OP is organized but I don't seem to have access to any that are listed as needing proofreading. I assume they are internal descriptions. Should I just start reading the latest posted descriptions and posting any corrections or how do you guys like that organizes?
    I think you're best bet is to ask Kull what to proofread, I believe someone just started on the province buildings. But likely other building or unit descriptions could use proofreading as well.