Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.0 released!

Default Europa Barbarorum 2.0 released!

Announcement:

Dear Europa Barbarorum Fans,

When the Europa Barbarorum Team set out in 2007 to create the sequel to the award-winning mod, Europa Barbarorum I, few of us guessed what a long and winding road it would be from then to this moment. The original goal of Europa Barbarorum I was, to a large degree, to add to and improve the historical experience of Rome: Total War. Our goal when we set out to create Europa Barbarorum II was much grander. This time, we wanted to go to the limits of what we could create within the bounds of the M2TW engine, in order to create the best and most detailed historical strategy game possible. This proved to be a greater challenge than any of us anticipated.

To begin, most background research was done from scratch, and in addition to the 20 factions of EBI, we now had another eight to cover with as much care and historical detail in both concept and design. The new graphical features of the M2TW engine allowed us to utilize the mixing of model parts to avoid the so-called "clone wars" of RTW. However, this meant an exponential increase in the amount of work to be done by our unit artists, not to mention the higher poly count and better texture qualities. Likewise, the gameplay in EBI, although innovative, was still very much a variation on the vanilla gameplay from RTW. For EB II, we set out to create unique and historically accurate government systems for all factions, as well as making the campaigns more interesting with unique events and features.

Through sweat, blood and tears we worked, but also through much joy, excitement and laughter. Many of our initial ideas had to be revised and thrown out as impossible, but just as many new and interesting ideas were born to replace them. Sometimes work was fast and the mod took great strides; at other times, unforseen bugs, hard-coded limits, or just that small distraction called life stepped in and brought the mod to the shores of the river Styx. But through all these ups and downs, a few things kept us going, and gave us the will to call "once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more". One of these things was of course you, the fans, who stayed with us for all these years. But perhaps greatest of all was our passion for the history of our time period, and our desire to bring the world of the late first millennium BC to life. One of our main motivations for creating EB has been, besides creating a great game, to bring out the fascinating history that we are so passionate about. It is our hope that EB will not only provide players with many hours of fun, but that it will also inspire in others the same fascination and passion for history that we in the Team share. If, through our work, others discover how exciting and interesting history can be, or if we can make even the most weathered history buff learn something new, then our work will not have been in vain. It was this desire to tell the story of all the many cultures and peoples within our mod, even the ones that are generally passed by in history class, that kept us going even through the hard times. And so, once more unto the breach we charged...

Now, seven years later, we have at last reached the point where we feel ready to release this labour of love to you, our fans. We know that it has been a long wait for you, and still we have a long way to go. This instalment is not a finished product, and we have many grand plans that are yet to be implemented. There are new and exciting units to be added, game mechanics to be coded, and historical texts to be written. So even though this is a major milestone in the history of the mod, it is by no means the end of the journey. This is but a first release, a beta version if you wish, and it will be some time still before we can call it a finished product (if such a thing even exists), and to take our mod further we will rely on you to provide us with feedback, bug reports and suggestions.

None the less, we take great pride in hereby presenting the first release of EB II. We have all poured our hearts and souls into this mod, and even though it is but early days, we hope that this dedication will shine through, and, to use the old cliché, that you will have at least as much fun playing it as we've had making it (for, let's face it, it's not all been rainbows and roses). With this release, we now look to the road ahead. It has, as we have said, been a long and winding road, and what lies ahead is no less daunting. We do hope that you who have been with us all this time will be willing to keep walking this road with us, and that many new faces may join along the way. We in the EB Team will continue our work, and especially we are hoping for many new modding talents to join us and help bring our vision for EB II to life.

In the meantime, Ladies and Gentlemen: Enjoy!

Installation instructions:

1. Download the EBII installer using one of the provided download links.

2. The downloaded file is a zip archive, which means you need to unpack the installer files from the zip file. Windows Explorer should allow you to simply copy the contents out. If not, you can download 7-zip for the purpose.

3. Run EBII.exe.

4. Step through the install wizard.

5. Wait for the installer to copy all the files.

6. If you have never run M2TW vanilla after installing it, run that now. Start a campaign, then quit.

7. Run the mod using the shortcut placed in your start menu or desktop.

In the wizard, the default installation path is where your copy of M2TW is installed. Unless you know what you're doing, leave this unchanged.

We have tested the mod's stability as far as we could, considering we are a small group and the game is huge. It runs pretty well for us, but we have not been able to run long campaigns with all factions. You may encounter problems, possibly even at the start of your campaign.

If the game crashes, please remember to post the log and savegame where it happened in the tech help subforum, this will help us a lot. Along with a description of what you were doing when it crashed, obviously. But before you do that, remember to check if there are any hotfixes available - it might just be that your problem has been solved already.

Links:

Visit the EB website

Download using magnet (requires torrent client)

Download from Mod DB

Download from Gamefront

Download from the Org FTP server

Download from the EB FTP server

Using the magnet link is the best option. Please consider seeding for at least the next couple of days.

With the release we would like to provide a graphic enchanment mod(thread link) and a modesty patch:
    Download Modesty patch

It is recommended to install our customized CAI for the best gameplay experience: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...gn-testing-AI-!!!

Download EB2 Graphic Enhancer

Or you can download them from our ModDB page.

Best Regards,

The Europa Barbarorum Team
    Last edited by Moros; 08-30-2014 at 00:20.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Members thankful for this post (30):

+ Show/Hide List

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.0 released!

I realize there will be a frenzy of link-clicking, but please visit the new EB2 web site - we have all the links there, too!
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Members thankful for this post (2):

Thumbs up Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.0 released!

Let the frenzy begin!!!

Edit:The website is practically unresponsive, but beautiful, BEAUTIFUL dozen of screenshots at homepage!!!
    Thumbs Up, Good Job etc...
    Last edited by kdrakak; 08-25-2014 at 20:00.
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

Oh god, I'm so happy. Thank you, EB 2 team!!! Not so happy I am about the download time. 11 months.

The link leads only to the old EB page

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
    The link leads only to the old EB page
    Try clearing your browser cache.

I Am Herenow

I dont have any money but i bring offerings of liquor and women ....and women covered in liquor if you ever come down south to miami florida usa. I salute you

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Dear EB Team,

I have no adequate words to describe what immense joy I feel at the moment.
    I'm literally speechless.

Therefore I can only say thank you all so very very much for never giving up - despite all the problems you faced during the development.

I bow before you in appreciation of your work - and in anticipation of tomorrow afternoon when I will be able to install what I just started to download.

Last edited by Shadowwalker; 08-25-2014 at 19:19.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

A small swampy city in the Canadian wilderness.

Never before have I been so displeased to be at work.

Congratulations to all of you on such an impressive accomplishment and good luck with continuing on this project and truly making it the best game mod of all time. I am not even being hyperbolic.
    "Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

I am shocked.

Well done.

The real sequel to Rome Total War has finally been released!
    Last edited by fallen851; 08-25-2014 at 19:12.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Better late than never ;)

J/k. I love you guys!
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Wonderful news!

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!!! :-D

Thank you sooo much!! If one of you ever is in Switzerland I''ll drown you in beer, wine and cheese fondue!

The heart of evil, to some known as Moscow

Well, what to say... I have been looking at this subforum for years, waiting for these news. And now it is there. Amazing!

Keep seeding everybody

Finally, thank you EB team for surely other masterpiece. I am eager to play the long awaited celtiberian Arevaci!

Grettings from Gallaecia.
    "This war between the Romans and Celtiberians is called the fiery War, for while wars in Greece or Asia are settled with one or two pitched battles, the battles there dragged on, only brought to a temporary end by the darkness of the night. Both sides refused to let their courage flag or their bodies tire". Polybius.

You made it! I am incredible happy to see this thread after all the hard work you have put into this!

I mean.... just look at the sky behind those Celts!!!
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Member thankful for this post:

Arjos 

Terrific news, gentlemen! You have my sincere congratulations.

Very well done guys, I soooo much appreciate all your hard work
    Congrats
    Goth

Thank you!!!

Not bad at the (torrent) DL either. 48 minutes on a VDSL line. Currently seeding at ~250Kbps.
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Members thankful for this post (3):

Fantastic news! Really appreciate the amazing work! Can't wait to play it.
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Slightly surreal that this day has finally arrived. All I can say is thank you so much to the entire team, this is a truly incredible achievement. I cant wait to spend hundreds of hours honouring EB II.

..........................[

Thank you for your hard work!
    Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possit.
    Nothing is so strongly fortified that it cannot be taken by money.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Mod DB link added. Get it while it's still quick!
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

It's amazing that this day is finally here, and I'm so excited to play. Thank you to everyone on the team so much, and congratulations!

Its looking like Torrent is the best way to download guys, I downloaded at 2.4mb and am currently uploading at 1.2mb, I will stay connected to seed for the next 24hrs minimum
    Goth
    Last edited by Goth47; 08-25-2014 at 21:26.

HELL YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	happy-owl.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	14154

Now lets see if my old laptop can handle it and if I'll have any time to play...

But anyway THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; 08-25-2014 at 22:58.

We aren't worthy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast