Thread: Battle Crash

Default Battle Crash

Hi guys,

I have the following problem; everytime my Hastati Principes or other Javelin units throw their pila/Javelins the game crashes, similar to the (Now fixed) Axe throwing bug in The third Age: Total War. I have the Steamversion of MTW2 as well as the graphic enhancement mini mod. Asides from that the game works fine and looks great.

Default Re: Battle Crash

Some possible fixes:
    1. Go to: M2TW\mods\EBII\data\animations and delete the .idx and .dat files, check if fixed(afterwards check that those files were generated).
    2. Do suggestion 1 again, then open M2TW\mods\EBII\data\descr_skeleton.txt, search for EB_Pilum and change the entries to:
    Code:
    ;Sub-family used for units using prec attribute
    ;they throw their javelins doing a run
    ;alin
    type		EB_Pilum
    reference_points		siege_engines/UnitModelsRefPoints/Javelin_Ref_Point.modelReferencePoints
    parent		MTW2_Javelin
    locomotion_table soldier

anim		default							data/animations/MTW2_Spear/MTW2_Spear_basepose.cas

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Member thankful for this post:

Tonno 

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: Battle Crash

Quote Originally Posted by SirTorgrad View Post
    Hi guys,

I have the following problem; everytime my Hastati Principes or other Javelin units throw their pila/Javelins the game crashes, similar to the (Now fixed) Axe throwing bug in The third Age: Total War. I have the Steamversion of MTW2 as well as the graphic enhancement mini mod. Asides from that the game works fine and looks great.
    Make sure you also use the steam shortcut, not the cd shortcut.