Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW EB Campaign testing AI !!!

Default Re: NEW EB Campaign testing AI !!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-31_00001.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	385.3 KB 
ID:	14234

This is my Areuakoi campaign at turn 53 on VH/M. Rome, Epiros and Carthage at war as are Ptolomie, Selucid and Pergamon. Other wars are happening but mainly peace. Oh and Macedon have Konin Helene as a client state and at war with Epiros and Ptolomie

I'm allied with Lustani who walk troops past my lightly defended capital and don't attack me to now reach the English channel.

Seems great to me but would like someone to attack me.

Thanks for all the good work.
    Last edited by olly; 08-31-2014 at 19:42.

Rome turn94 with NEW CAI for Europa barbarorum 2 Test, 30 aug 2014

I played relaxed only took Tarras and Rhegion in the first 50 then the Northern 3 towns well after 50 turns i couldn't took the 4th town because some one was before me Aureurnoi which are expanding big time

----------------------------------
    i did go to war with the Aureurnoi to get my 4th Northern town

I was surprised to see this map ...the AI expended there territories fast
    Last edited by Sassem; 09-01-2014 at 16:33. Reason: added a 2nd image

My game doesn't generate a new map.rwm file from what I can tell but it doesn't crash or anything. I'm not sure if CAI has changed though if it doesn't actually generate a new map.rwm?

Quote Originally Posted by aapjes View Post
    My game doesn't generate a new map.rwm file from what I can tell but it doesn't crash or anything. I'm not sure if CAI has changed though if it doesn't actually generate a new map.rwm?
    hmmm strange...it should.

did you look in the correct map ? mine did create a new map.rwm

F:\Games\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII\data\world\maps\base

Yes I did look in the correct map (I did delete it after all).

Is it possible that the game can't generate a new file because I installed it in program files? Something to do with UAC?

Yes I did look in the correct map (I did delete it after all).

Is it possible that the game can't generate a new file because I installed it in program files? Something to do with UAC?
    could be , sorting out UAC is a must for any mods.

Started a KH game with the latest CAI on hard/normal. Turn 30 at the moment, I've taken over 2 settlements and I'm slowly building up my economy. AI is taking it slow as well, the only major development (from what I've seen) being Seleukids taking over Halicarnassus. Ptolomei are looking like they are about to take it back though, as they have 2 half-stacks in the area and it's not heavily defended.

Taking it this slowly might end up being a problem as I'm dead last in military strength. I'm trying to stir up some trouble with spies but the chances to succeed at infiltrating cities are atrociously low, even with high level spies. Makedon has a full stack of troops near Pella, I'm expecting an invasion any day now...
    Last edited by mmiki; 09-01-2014 at 19:22.
    Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possit.
    Nothing is so strongly fortified that it cannot be taken by money.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Member thankful for this post:

GRANTO 

Quote Originally Posted by mmiki View Post
    Started a KH game with the latest CAI on hard/normal. Turn 30 at the moment, I've taken over 2 settlements and I'm slowly building up my economy. AI is taking it slow as well, the only major development (from what I've seen) being Seleukids taking over Halicarnassus. Ptolomei are looking like they are about to take it back though, as they have 2 half-stacks in the area and it's not heavily defended.

Taking it this slowly might end up being a problem as I'm dead last in military strength. I'm trying to stir up some trouble with spies but the chances to succeed at infiltrating cities are atrociously low, even with high level spies. Makedon has a full stack of troops near Pella, I'm expecting an invasion any day now...
    move faster when you have too, somewhere down the line you will run into big trouble {hopefully}.

Turn 42 now and...stuff happened. Makedon sent the entire doomstack north to take Naissos, leaving Pella and Demetrios completely undefended. Epeiros walks in with half a stack and takes Pella. 5 turns later I decide enough waiting is enough and siege Demetrios, and surely enough, the Makedonian doomstack is back, bypassing Pella that's lightly defended and beelining straight for my siege army.
    We'll see how it goes.

Global situation: Epeiros reinforced the south of Italy heavily, they have 1.5 stacks in the area. Romans ignoring the south, focusing on north of Italy. Qart-Hadast took out Syracuse and siege Messana, starting war with the Romans. Ptolomei have almost 3 full stacks next to Halicarnassus but seem obsessed with keeping them around minor settlements to the west of Ephesos, even though Halicarnassus has had a skeleton defense for at least 5 turns.
    Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possit.
    Nothing is so strongly fortified that it cannot be taken by money.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

hello,

in trying to get this wonderful game goin - i installed the CAI (from the link: http://ge.tt/1IlBpos1/v/0) and unzipped it via PeaZip in the mods\EBII\data folder.
    Moros emphasized it to make sure it overwrites the old files.
    my question is: is there a way that i can be sure that the old files were indeed overwritten? ...i was not asked while unzipping if i would have files overwritten.
    there seem to be more files there now - the whole "NEW CAI for Europa barbarorum Test, 30 aug 201" file for instance. ..but im not so sure about old ones which supposed to be overwritten.

thanks,
    Kleitos

Quote Originally Posted by Kleitos View Post
    hello,

in trying to get this wonderful game goin - i installed the CAI (from the link: http://ge.tt/1IlBpos1/v/0) and unzipped it via PeaZip in the mods\EBII\data folder.
    my question is: is there a way that i can be sure that the old files were indeed overwritten? ...i was not asked while unzipping if i would have files overwritten.
    there seem to be more files there now - the whole "NEW CAI for Europa barbarorum Test, 30 aug 201" file for instance. ..but im not so sure about old ones which supposed to be overwritten.

thanks,
    Kleitos

copy the 2 small files from that new unzipped map NEW CAI for Europa barbarorum Test, 30 aug 2014 in to

your drive:\your folder \Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII\data

in there if you scroll down you see many small files

Always first make a backup of the original files that you going to replace copy those in a map like for example : backup org files
    Last edited by Sassem; 09-02-2014 at 16:52.

hello,

thanks,
    Kleitos
    I had the same problem. When I first tried to install the new CAI for some reason my data folder was set to read only mode so the old files weren't being overwritten. After fixing that problem I unzipped the folder onto the desktop and manually copy and pasted the files into the data folder, just to make sure it was overwriting properly. If the desc_campaign_ai_db.xml in your data folder says it was last modified on August 30 then you should be good to go.

so Sassem, you actually unzipped the CAI somewhere outside and only copied the two xml-files ("descr_campaign_ai_db.xml" and "descr_diplomacy.xml") into the \Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII\data folder?.

...well to be honest i didnt know that there are only these two files - just uzipped the whole downloaded zipfile into the \Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII\data folder. (now i know - unzipped it somewhere else just to look how many files there are.)

but mine two are now in a folder called "NEW CAI for Europa barbarorum Test, 30 aug 201" within the folder ...EBII\data - i understood the installation instructions like that - was that wrong?

i found now two xml files with the same name in the ...EBII\data folder among the many other small files. ..well i suppose they are the old ones wich were determined to be overwritten.?

can you, or anyone else confirm that i only have to copy the two new ones out of my folder and one level up into the ..EBII\data folder, overwriting these two old ones, and delete this now empty ""NEW CAI for Europa barbarorum Test, 30 aug 201" folder?

..well yes, backup of original ones should be good - will do that, if above procedure turns out to be right.

@Tuuvi : i only saw your post only after i wrote and uploaded mine ;-) ...so, yes the "desc_campaign_ai_db.xml" right now still in my "NEW CAI for Europa barbarorum Test, 30 aug 201" folder within the folder ...EBII\data was last modified on August 30. the other one: "descr_diplomacy.xml" was last modified on august 23, same as the old one in the ...EBII\data folder (also same size - 16,5 KB)

@Tuuvi : i only saw your post only after i wrote and uploaded mine ;-) ...so, yes the "desc_campaign_ai_db.xml" right now still in my "NEW CAI for Europa barbarorum Test, 30 aug 201" folder within the folder ...EBII\data was last modified on August 30. the other one: "descr_diplomacy.xml" was last modified on august 23, same as the old one in the ...EBII\data folder (also same size - 16,5 KB)
    This is exactly what happened to me. When I first unzipped the new CAI, it put the whole entire folder into my data folder and the original desc_campaign_ai_db.xml remained unchanged. So I think your data folder is set to read only mode, which will prevent the files within it from being replaced.

Right click on your data folder, go to properties and make sure the box that says "Read-only" is unchecked. Then delete the "NEW CAI for Europa barbarorum Test, 30 aug 2014" folder that is inside of your data folder, and try unzipping again.

If you're paranoid like I am you can extract the folder onto the desktop and then copy and paste the files into your data folder.

thank you Tuuvi - i copied now the two files into the data folder like you did, replacing the old ones (i had the new ones anyway in this now useless folder within the data folder)
    ..curious how the AI works now.

thank you Tuuvi - i copied now the two files into the data folder like you did, replacing the old ones (i had the new ones anyway in this now useless folder within the data folder)
    ..curious how the AI works now.
    it is not for blitzing...grab some land and knuckle down , build and prepare your forces...after turn 50 things start to hot up, it is a very early tester.please report your findings.

yes i started a Pergamon campaign - dont wanna blitz - (only blitzed back then with nomad factions) ...yea im eager to know how it works after turn 50 and will do that.
    thanks for your work - this improved AI

The new AI is much better - it is more aggressive without being suicidal and you can't just ignore the AI and the Rebels.

I'm 62 turns in playing as Massylia on H/M so I figured it was time to give a report. At the very start of the game I got an alliance with Carthage. I've been gifting them 1000-2000 mnai everytime I notice my relations with them drop below "good", I'm hoping this will prevent them from breaking their alliance with me. It seems like marching your troops through another faction's territory negatively impacts your relations with that faction, everytime I've done so my relations with Carthage dropped to "amiable".

For a very long time Carthage has been been at war with Rome, Epeiros, and the Areuakoi, and this seems to be the most active area of the map. Makedonia was wiped out on turn 52 and Asia Minor is starting to heat up, with Sauromatae declaring war on Pontos on turn 54 and Bosporos declaring war on Pontos on turn 62.

One thing I noticed while fog of war was turned off is that lots of factions have 1-2 unit or medium sized stacks in each others' territory but they aren't attacking. Hayasdan has several stacks in Pontos' territory and it looks like they're marching through Pontos to get somewhere else.

Here is my faction progression on turn 62, just before I quit playing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	faction progression turn 62.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	14302
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	faction progression turn 62.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	14301  
    Last edited by Tuuvi; 09-06-2014 at 06:19.

[ It seems like marching your troops through another faction's territory negatively impacts your relations with that faction, everytime I've done so my relations with Carthage dropped to "amiable".
    Try to get military acces from them,which is nearly impossible ,but maybe possible if you gift them enough money.

I live in a small town in Northern Idaho, USA

I started a new Eperiote VH/H campaign and by turn 20 all of the factions I had started at war with had agreed to ceasefire, trade rights and exchange of map information while paying me for the privilege. As of turn 23 only Makedon and KH are at war in this area.

Makedon asked for a ceasefire in the first few turns. I was planning on taking their town to the East of my capitol and had moved a spy into it in preparation. Pyrrhus had just destroyed a decent rebel stack in that region and a Mak diplomat came asking for the ceasefire. I counter-offered the trade-rights and map information exchange and when I noticed that I was being very generous tacked-on a one-time payment to me of 10,000 dinars. They countered with the same terms but just tribute of 3,200 for two seasons. I accepted this.

By turn 10 I had moved Pyrrhus to Italy and attacked Arpi. A spy let him in and he made short work of the faction leader and unit of spear-men defending it. One turn later a Roman diplomat came and asked for a ceasefire. We dickered and settled on a similar deal as with Makedon -- just fewer dinars (1200 x 3 seasons).

When my diplomat met a Carthaginian counterpart I decided to propose the ceasefire, and they even accepted paying the 10,000s. Maybe I should have asked for more!

That's where the campaign stands now and it actually seems more peaceful than I expected, but I am taking advantage to the chance to develop decent economies in the 8 cites I currently hold.

Edit: This is using the CAI patch downloaded on 8/30.
    Last edited by Ozonius Tomicus; 09-07-2014 at 21:13.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I'm still using v2 (more peaceful variation) and while there's been a fair amount of aggression eventually arriving as I near 200, factions which border each other are still too quiet. The Aedui and Aruernoi have never been at war, despite wanting the same territories. The Aruernoi keep sending big armies to look at the lands held by the Areuakoi, then wandering off without doing anything. No one wants to fight the Lugians, who are taking everything in the middle of the map, apart from the Getai. While the Seleukids and Ptolemaioi are nominally at war, they're largely ignoring each other, the latter focusing on trying to wipe out Pergamon and the former on expanding eastwards.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

This is absolute crap , just turns the AI into a retarded attack , attack , attack until there dead idiot just like EB 1 , so if you liked the AI from EB 1 you will love this ,I liked the original , AI protected the land for the most part .

Quintus , they attack but just you , just like EB1 every1 tries to get you asap and will give up all there land to attack you till there dead.
    Last edited by Rovert; 09-07-2014 at 23:40.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    This is absolute crap , just turns the AI into a retarded attack , attack , attack until there dead idiot just like EB 1 , so if you liked the AI from EB 1 you will love this ,I liked the original , AI protected the land for the most part .

Quintus , they attack but just you , just like EB1 every1 tries to get you asap and will give up all there land to attack you till there dead.
    You must be using v1, because v2 isn't like that at all.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

On turn 80 in my Massylia campaign Getai declared war on Kart-Hadast by besieging Syracuse, which was pretty interesting to see because they don't own any provinces in Italy. I like how frequently the AI does naval invasions now.

I also did some wheeling and dealing with the Arevaci which was fun. They took the Mauretanian province just south of Iberia ( I can't remember what it is called) which I had been preparing to conquer. I decided it would be fun to roleplay and send a diplomat over and threaten them to give me the province before attacking. They declined and I sent my army closer and closer until it was parked right next to the town.

The Arevaci own most of Iberia except for one province and I thought maybe I should actually try to avoid war with them, so I offered them 10,000 mnai and trade rights for the province with the stipulation "accept or we will attack". They counter offered with trade rights, 20,000 mnai and said, "please do not attack". I'm pretty loaded so I took the deal. Hopefully they don't try to take the province back through force, we'll see.

Member thankful for this post:

GRANTO 

VERSION 3 CAI released....http://ge.tt/9QsnMVv1/v/0

An evolution from version 2 to version 3......the op will be updated soon.
    please leave feedback on AI aggression, faction development and diplomacy.ta

PLEASE START A NEW CAMPAIGN {it may be save compatible for some}

select Med or Hard campaign difficulty. remember to delete map.rwm

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Link & comments added to the opening post
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    VERSION 3 CAI released....http://ge.tt/9QsnMVv1/v/0

An evolution from version 2 to version 3......the op will be updated soon.
    please leave feedback on AI aggression, faction development and diplomacy.ta

PLEASE START A NEW CAMPAIGN {it may be save compatible for some}

select Med or Hard campaign difficulty. remember to delete map.rwm
    I'll give it a try tonight and let you know my thoughts. I'll stick to hard but is there some reason you don't want us to test it on vh? Just curious.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast