Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW EB Campaign testing AI !!!

Default Re: NEW EB Campaign testing AI !!!

Quick question why is the config_ai_battle file in folder? Isn't this just for CAI?

it has a factor in it relevant to the CAI as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    it has a factor in it relevant to the CAI as well.
    Ok makes sense. But does it contain the BAI update as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Majasprat View Post
    Ok makes sense. But does it contain the BAI update as well?
    instal BAI then new CAI {the battle AI will be updated soon.}

What was changed in v3?

@Cybvep ..faction development , AI response aggression, diplomacy,

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: NEW EB Campaign testing AI !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Majasprat View Post
    I'll stick to hard but is there some reason you don't want us to test it on vh? Just curious.
    I'm guessing that at VH the AI is programmed to hate the player; and that this will likely overshadow the effects of the new AI settings. GRANTO wants to see if his settings make a difference, but at VH the AI will likely attack the player regardless.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    I'm guessing that at VH the AI is programmed to hate the player; and that this will likely overshadow the effects of the new AI settings. GRANTO wants to see if his settings make a difference, but at VH the AI will likely attack the player regardless.
    this is true, i will take reports on any settings though,
    i would like to find a happy medium between passive/aggression on Med campaign,... long term...we want the player to have choices of CAI to suit mood and style similar to Stainless steel.with things like 'grim reality' and possibly 'real recruitment' options.

Members thankful for this post (2):

invade_buildup - Tactics focused on economic development, training agents, slow training of the forces of the highest quality.

Biggest flaw - the AI ​​is going to defend their own town usually it remains one round to defeat the lack of food. The player usually takes village by storm. Player Ned wondered why the AI does nothing.

A small disadvantage - it is little passive.

Propose to add opportunistic invasion, which sometimes ignores all settings and just do what is best in a given round.

Leave in every city of 1 unit. Say your neighbor war. You'll see that raising undefended settlements AI will take a lot of time.

<decision_entry>
    <!--
    IF AT WAR AND HE IS SUPERIOR > INVADE OPPORTUNISTIC
    -->
    <min_entry stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true"/>
    <max_entry stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" military_balance="1.0" free_strength_balance="1.0"/>
    <faction_attitude invade="invade_buildup" defense="defend_normal" continue="true"/>
    </decision_entry>

This "Czech" error?
    Last edited by Piter; 09-11-2014 at 14:14.

@Piter , it is way i want it for testing for now ,
    i have long range vision with many additions to come and be added.

in version 3 i am looking for feedback of 100-200 turns on faction progression and build...bosph, hayasden, pontus, pergamon the greek war and the east,
    also AI reaction to player threats , diplomacy has been nerfed for the time being as it is being rebuilt,

this is a long term test in progress with reforms, scripting and the bigger picture being taken into mind... anybody who does not want to test and is looking to play a fun challenging campaign at this moment in time should play Piter AI {in the sub-mods section}, i recommend it.

thanks to those who help with the testing.

version 3a update .. http://ge.tt/9d2m1xv1/v/0
    it will be save game compatible with any version 3's that have been started.

Members thankful for this post (3):

What was changed? :-)

not much {a few defense changes and some sparce diplomacy}
    , just test the AI reaction to the player attacks for now ignore the rest ,
    give it 20-30 turns build up then attack.and report ..too easy ..too aggressive ..just right... compared to version 2...cheers.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

To clarify: The v2.01 release contains the v2 CAI. Didn't want to include V3 (now v3a) until it was thoroughly tested. However, those who desire can certainly update v2.01 to use the v3a CAI.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Member thankful for this post:

Ludens 

There i go playing a 30 turns of a new Boii campaign and when I come back a new version of EB is out, you're great!

As requested I waited 20 turns, conquered 2 Eleutheroi provinces and then prepeared an army to invade the Sweboz. The first battle went very well (river crossing) and i was able to conquer their first settlment. Immediately in the next turn they sent a dilomat asking for a ceasefire. They didn't want to become a vassal as our armies were still approx. even, so I continued in hope of a total victory. Unfortunately I closely lost the next battle. Now they only accepted ceasefire when i would return the previously conquered settlement.

However i noticed that they didn't comit all of their troops to defend against my invasion. A substantial part was wandering north to conquer another rebel settlement. Of course it was still enough to repell my attack, but they couldn't know I was such a lousy strategist, could they?

I played a new Romani campaign on Medium difficulty (im almost 290 turns into it by now) with the new v3a AI. Literally every faction sent a diplomat to me asking for an alliance and trade rights. There were 20 diplomats swarming Arretium. Just for fun I said yes to everyone, now I am considered untrustworthy because everyone declared war against each other and I had to pick sides. I am still allied with 15 factions though, which is amazing considering they have been allies for essentially 250+ turns.

GRANTO 

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    I played a new Romani campaign on Medium difficulty (im almost 290 turns into it by now) with the new v3a AI. Literally every faction sent a diplomat to me asking for an alliance and trade rights. There were 20 diplomats swarming Arretium. Just for fun I said yes to everyone, now I am considered untrustworthy because everyone declared war against each other and I had to pick sides. I am still allied with 15 factions though, which is amazing considering they have been allies for essentially 250+ turns.
    idiplomacy needs a complete re write i know this.thanks for the feedback.

tell me about your campaign though!!

i am testing roman campaigns to see if i can replicate this...so far i cannot...the only other time i saw something like this was in piter AI 1.0...i will continue testing.

tell me about your campaign though!!
    Ok, well so far I have been playing like I always do, very, very slowly. I just hit the point where the Polybian reforms occur automatically (AKA I did not have the required number of battles to have it occur earlier). I still have only taken over 5 regions. Taras, Rhegion, Segesta, Mediolanion and the middle Cisalpine Gaul settlement (basically I took all of cisalpine gaul except for the one that is where Venice is).

For some reason my computer does not like taking screenshots of the game, every time I try, it instead takes a screenshot of my desktop as if the game wasn't being displayed at all. It's very frustrating. But here are some key events that have taken place.

Very few alliances have taken place that were not with me (Romani) as far as I can remember Baktria and Pahlava allied early on and about 150 turns in, Bosporian kingdom became a vassal for Macedonia. Koinon Hellenon, Numidia, Saka Ruka and Epiros have been destroyed. The odd thing about Epiros is that the reluctance of Macedonia to kill it. I eventually had to speed things along because they had one city with a full stack and while macedonia had 3 full stacks around it, macedonia would besiege for a few turns then turn away. The city was stacked with experienced generals though so maybe it was just good victories against leaderless stacks (Idk where the macedonian generals were, maybe fighting AS), after a while Macedonia just gave up sending stacks against it and Epiros decided to fill a small fleet with their entire army and attempted to invade arpi. I said enough of this and sent a stack which prompted Epiros to leave and get back on their fleet. At this point I told my fleet to destroy the Epiros fleet causing the total destruction of Epiros's fleet and the death of 4 generals/family members. There were still like 2 generals and 4 units at Epiros's last settlement but after blockading their only port Macedonia was finally able to take it with two leaderless stacks. All in all, it was a very confusing situation and I think Epiros would have lasted another 100+ years if it wasn't for that random invasion and exposed all the family members out at sea.

In terms of hostility, this game has actually been the most peaceful. Carthage has actually been amiable with me the entire game. I am still allied with most factions which is a testament to the fact that either few factions are actually declaring war with other, the AI may be suppressed in their hostility because they didn't want to risk losing their alliance with me with they went to war with another faction (literally had alliances with everyone but Epiros and Carthage). From what I can tell, the real dynamics seem to be all the smaller factions in the east ganging up on AS and Egypt (ptolmy). Pergamon has taken all of western Turkey (basically Ionia) and has pushed as far as Syria, Pontos has chosen to take over northern turkey and is now invading the Bosporian kingdom. Baktria is massive and Pahlava is chilling with their original settlements. Takashilia has taken over all the Indian settlements and is invading the southern arabian peninsula, declaring a massive war on Saba which had expanded as far as it typically does (although saba took that one really southern settlement where ethiopia is.

As for the west, carthage is holding onto all of sicily and doesn't want to go to war with me. I think the AI must be advanced to the point where it has determined that world peace based on lots of trade is more beneficial than expensive wars. Or maybe it because Carthage spent all its time destroying Numidia and is now attempting to retake the remaining settlements in north africa that have full stacks of rebels in them. Carthage has also been having quite an interesting time in Iberia. The two native Iberian factions were actually peaceful with other for the longest time until carthage started making large head ways into Iberia at which point the two native factions turned on each other for the remaining land (I luckily chose to remain allied with the lusotann who are winning). Carthage just recently has been having its Iberian empire collapse however due to the Averni (I can't spell their EB2 name sorry, but its the light green tribe) taking over most of gaul, cisalpine gaul and proceeding to invade carthage in Iberia. My spies saw some amazing battles occurring of full stacks on each side engaging each other and I think Carthage basically became bankrupt from waging both wars at the same time. I probably could have stomped Carthage at this point by invading sicily (there was almost no troops anywhere on the island) but for this play through I have been focusing on investing money into all my cities and seeing if I can get all of Italy colonized and full Roman provinces with the same level of government as Rome itself, so I just watched. Eventually I saw Carthage was going to lose all of Iberia, so I actually helped Carthage out by invading Cisalpine Gaul which ended up being the most intense war I have played in EB2 so far. Stacks and stack of gaul hordes kept coming over the mountains and at first I would release prisoners to try and get rid of my "dubious" standing among international relations. But then the released prisoners would just join up with the extra stacks and I eventually began exterminating everything just to maintain military supremacy in the area and since cisalpine gaul was under averni control for so long there was almost no western med. culture so I had to exterminate the cities to maintain control and then I eventually abandoned mediolanion due to the sheer numbers and five star generals transferring from Iberia. Oddly enough, when I would exterminate gaul cities or execute gaul prisoners sometimes my relationship with Carthage would improve. Very exciting stuff. So now the Polybian reforms occurred and I pushed the gaul out of cisalpine and my policy has been to make everything a Roman province just so the people turn to my culture overtime in case I lose any cities in the future. But I think the dual war between the averni, and Rome/Carthage has led to a somewhat stable situation right now. The averni still control some of Carthage's Iberian settlements, but Carthage has full stacks in its remaining cities/towns.

The biggest loser was the people living in mediolanion who have been captured and exterminated so many times it is perpetually at the minimum population allowed of 400 households. I don't know what else to say about my campaign, it is mostly me just spamming next turn so I can build another roman colony somewhere in Italy. The only other thing is that lots of factions are swimming in cash. I had 47,000 denarii at one point and I was third in financial behind the Bosporian Kingdom and Takashilla with Baktria not being far behind.
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 09-20-2014 at 00:00.

GRANTO 

i am testing roman campaigns to see if i can replicate this...so far i cannot...the only other time i saw something like this was in piter AI 1.0...i will continue testing.
    I doubt it will occur again as I have never seen anything like it before. If it does happen again, I may re install EB2 from scratch. The only file I have modified is the faction standing file to fix the bug that gives negative effects for occupying settlements (but that should not influence factions on turn 5 sending a diplomat to me for an alliance).

GRANTO 

I doubt it will occur again as I have never seen anything like it before. If it does happen again, I may re install EB2 from scratch. The only file I have modified is the faction standing file to fix the bug that gives negative effects for occupying settlements (but that should not influence factions on turn 5 sending a diplomat to me for an alliance).
    hmmm....it could you know.

Ok, well so far I have been playing like I always do, very, very slowly. I just hit the point where the Polybian reforms occur automatically (AKA I did not have the required number of battles to have it occur earlier). I still have only taken over 5 regions. Taras, Rhegion, Segesta, Mediolanion and the middle Cisalpine Gaul settlement (basically I took all of cisalpine gaul except for the one that is where Venice is).

For some reason my computer does not like taking screenshots of the game, every time I try, it instead takes a screenshot of my desktop as if the game wasn't being displayed at all. It's very frustrating. But here are some key events that have taken place.

Very few alliances have taken place that were not with me (Romani) as far as I can remember Baktria and Pahlava allied early on and about 150 turns in, Bosporian kingdom became a vassal for Macedonia. Koinon Hellenon, Numidia, Saka Ruka and Epiros have been destroyed. The odd thing about Epiros is that the reluctance of Macedonia to kill it. I eventually had to speed things along because they had one city with a full stack and while macedonia had 3 full stacks around it, macedonia would besiege for a few turns then turn away. The city was stacked with experienced generals though so maybe it was just good victories against leaderless stacks (Idk where the macedonian generals were, maybe fighting AS), after a while Macedonia just gave up sending stacks against it and Epiros decided to fill a small fleet with their entire army and attempted to invade arpi. I said enough of this and sent a stack which prompted Epiros to leave and get back on their fleet. At this point I told my fleet to destroy the Epiros fleet causing the total destruction of Epiros's fleet and the death of 4 generals/family members. There were still like 2 generals and 4 units at Epiros's last settlement but after blockading their only port Macedonia was finally able to take it with two leaderless stacks. All in all, it was a very confusing situation and I think Epiros would have lasted another 100+ years if it wasn't for that random invasion and exposed all the family members out at sea.

In terms of hostility, this game has actually been the most peaceful. Carthage has actually been amiable with me the entire game. I am still allied with most factions which is a testament to the fact that either few factions are actually declaring war with other, the AI may be suppressed in their hostility because they didn't want to risk losing their alliance with me with they went to war with another faction (literally had alliances with everyone but Epiros and Carthage). From what I can tell, the real dynamics seem to be all the smaller factions in the east ganging up on AS and Egypt (ptolmy). Pergamon has taken all of western Turkey (basically Ionia) and has pushed as far as Syria, Pontos has chosen to take over northern turkey and is now invading the Bosporian kingdom. Baktria is massive and Pahlava is chilling with their original settlements. Takashilia has taken over all the Indian settlements and is invading the southern arabian peninsula, declaring a massive war on Saba which had expanded as far as it typically does (although saba took that one really southern settlement where ethiopia is.

As for the west, carthage is holding onto all of sicily and doesn't want to go to war with me. I think the AI must be advanced to the point where it has determined that world peace based on lots of trade is more beneficial than expensive wars. Or maybe it because Carthage spent all its time destroying Numidia and is now attempting to retake the remaining settlements in north africa that have full stacks of rebels in them. Carthage has also been having quite an interesting time in Iberia. The two native Iberian factions were actually peaceful with other for the longest time until carthage started making large head ways into Iberia at which point the two native factions turned on each other for the remaining land (I luckily chose to remain allied with the lusotann who are winning). Carthage just recently has been having its Iberian empire collapse however due to the Averni (I can't spell their EB2 name sorry, but its the light green tribe) taking over most of gaul, cisalpine gaul and proceeding to invade carthage in Iberia. My spies saw some amazing battles occurring of full stacks on each side engaging each other and I think Carthage basically became bankrupt from waging both wars at the same time. I probably could have stomped Carthage at this point by invading sicily (there was almost no troops anywhere on the island) but for this play through I have been focusing on investing money into all my cities and seeing if I can get all of Italy colonized and full Roman provinces with the same level of government as Rome itself, so I just watched. Eventually I saw Carthage was going to lose all of Iberia, so I actually helped Carthage out by invading Cisalpine Gaul which ended up being the most intense war I have played in EB2 so far. Stacks and stack of gaul hordes kept coming over the mountains and at first I would release prisoners to try and get rid of my "dubious" standing among international relations. But then the released prisoners would just join up with the extra stacks and I eventually began exterminating everything just to maintain military supremacy in the area and since cisalpine gaul was under averni control for so long there was almost no western med. culture so I had to exterminate the cities to maintain control and then I eventually abandoned mediolanion due to the sheer numbers and five star generals transferring from Iberia. Oddly enough, when I would exterminate gaul cities or execute gaul prisoners sometimes my relationship with Carthage would improve. Very exciting stuff. So now the Polybian reforms occurred and I pushed the gaul out of cisalpine and my policy has been to make everything a Roman province just so the people turn to my culture overtime in case I lose any cities in the future. But I think the dual war between the averni, and Rome/Carthage has led to a somewhat stable situation right now. The averni still control some of Carthage's Iberian settlements, but Carthage has full stacks in its remaining cities/towns.

The biggest loser was the people living in mediolanion who have been captured and exterminated so many times it is perpetually at the minimum population allowed of 400 households. I don't know what else to say about my campaign, it is mostly me just spamming next turn so I can build another roman colony somewhere in Italy. The only other thing is that lots of factions are swimming in cash. I had 47,000 denarii at one point and I was third in financial behind the Bosporian Kingdom and Takashilla with Baktria not being far behind.
    thanks that makes interesting reading , now would be a good time to go to war and test the AI.

thanks that makes interesting reading , now would be a good time to go to war and test the AI.
    Sounds good. I think I will halt buildings production and start taking over Sicily, although I could probably do it with just two stacks at this point. I have only seen two naval invasions so far, but perhaps Carthage will utilize them more once war starts.

EDIT: I will see if I can record my war on twitch and post the link to the video here, just for documentation purposes.
    Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 09-20-2014 at 01:20.

GRANTO 

After complete reinstall I tried the updated CAI and started a Koinon Hellenon campaign wich I did like a lot in EB1. Back than I had to fight huge stacks of macedons coming mostly after Athens wich was allways an intense start for a new campaign. But now they don't attack me at all and worse they're leaving their greece posessions only with minimum garrison.

This is less than 10 turns now but I'm afraid it's just to easy to start with as every other faction surrrounded by eloitheroi has more of a challenge.

Please don't take this as an offense and maybe they are just too busy with Epeirotes right now and yes it's too early to judge, it's just what jumped right at me right now..

dont be fooled , let them build a little and yourself and you will get some nice stack battles...or attack them and report what happens, they should respond to your aggression {i am testing a garrison script also}

dont be fooled , let them build a little and yourself and you will get some nice stack battles...or attack them and report what happens, they should respond to your aggression {i am testing a garrison script also}
    good news. in all the Kingdoms mods i've played, i found that nothing can really substitute for a garrison script. it could aslo be argued to be realsitic, in some cases.
    has anyone looked at other scripts at all? I find the ones in DLV to be particularly impressive and making for a much more 'realistic,' harder and slower game. every agent you send abroad, every army fielded outside your home provinces, every besieged town or a fort, all result in additional costs. pretty realistic way to present things imho (unless you're playing as a nomad faction?). and it forces the player to slow down, to adopt a gameplay style similar to that of the EB: to build the infrastructure and economy first and expand later. that also give AI a chance to put things in good order.
    Last edited by Sarkiss; 09-23-2014 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    good news. in all the Kingdoms mods i've played, i found that nothing can really substitute for a garrison script. it could aslo be argued to be realsitic, in some cases.
    has anyone looked at other scripts at all? I find the ones in DLV to be particularly impressive and making for a much more 'realistic,' harder and slower game. every agent you send abroad, every army fielded outside your home provinces, every besieged town or a fort, all result in additional costs. pretty realistic way to present things imho (unless you're playing as a nomad faction?). and it forces the player to slow down, to adopt a gameplay style similar to that of the EB: to build the infrastructure and economy first and expand later. that also give AI a chance to put things in good order.
    yes me , i have lots of scripts running , its gonna take time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    i'm using this script: very light and very good!

http://mtwitalia.freeforumzone.leona...scussione.aspx

600 mnai each army ib foreign territory and 2000 mnai each army sieging
    Last edited by Gneisenau; 09-24-2014 at 12:00.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast