Thread: Sea Trade, or lack thereof

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Exclamation Sea Trade, or lack thereof

After doing a fresh install of MTW2 while running into problems installing EB2 I noticed something when I fired up a MTW2 vanilla new campaign as England, no sea trade.

What I appear to be seeing in vanilla MTW2 is a complete lack of sea trade, no sea lanes on campaign map, no miniature trade ships and from what I can tell after setting up trade with every nation practically in the game is effectively no income from sea trade (I'm making maybe 200 a year tops and it should be thousands at this point).

Could someone else who wanders along and reads this thread try a new campaign in MTW2 and see if you see the same problem?

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Default Re: Sea Trade, or lack thereof

I started one like 2 weeks ago(in preparation for EBII). Did you make sure you built the trade port building in your cities? The regular port won't cut it.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Oh yeah, I've got ports. I've played pretty far into a couple of these, no sea trade ever takes place.

Even more interestingly, sea trade still works in all the Kingdoms mods (americas, teuetonic, etc) and it works in EB2 just fine, in fact in EB2 the map starts from 1st turn with you having a port and you can open up the trade screen of that settlement and see sea trade in the trade screen and of course see the trade lines on the ocean.

Here are some links to pictures, first one shows the complete lack of sea lanes and trade ships, even though I have trade agreements with just about everyone.

This second one shows the trade window demonstrating there is no trade taking place wtih Nottingham other than w/ castles and cities on the island. I could post the same shot for any of my castles or cities with a port, same result.

To compare, here are screenshots from Teutonic 1st turn, one shows the sea lane working correctly and the 2nd shows the sea trade in the trade screen, this is how MTW2 vanilla is supposed to work, but isn't:

*****update: i continued with the campaign and finally established one sea based trade route from Bordeaux to Leon. I've still not sorted why there are no other sea trade routes anywhere in the entire world, so I'm going to press along in this campaign and see what develops
    Last edited by easytarget; 09-01-2014 at 23:15. Reason: update

can anyone who owns the non-steam version of MTW2 do me a favor and start up a new campaign and see if you show London and Caen connected with sea trade on the 1st turn of the campaign. That's what I show in SS6.4, but not what I show in vanilla. I was curious as to whether it did in fact exist prior to the last patch, one certain way to establish that is for someone who owns a non-steam version to fire it up and look.....

Latest development on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bitbaboon_Mark View Post
    Thx for the digging guys ... I have found a difference with the old Vanilla Med2 sea trade and the Kingdoms ruleset which will make sea trade a lot less likely to take place.
    Currently waiting on CA on the decision, but my recommendation is to use the legacy decisions for vanilla Med2 as thats what everyone has been used to for the last 7 years.
    I'll keep you posted