Thread: Which faction reforms are already in the game, and which are planned?

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Default Which faction reforms are already in the game, and which are planned?

I haven't started playing EBII yet (Currently entertained with EBI).

But I read that Koinon Hellenon have reforms too now, which is a new addition.

Besides that, I assume the rest of EBI's reforms are in too:

- Polybian & Marian reforms
    - Armenian-Persian reform
    - Parthian-Persian reform

Are there other reforms right now in EB II?
    BLARGH!

Default Re: Which faction reforms are already in the game, and which are planned?

Celtic and germanic late reforms.

Default Re: Which faction reforms are already in the game, and which are planned?

I couldn't find any reference to the celtic reforms in the campaign_script.txt file. Are they mentioned somewhere else or did I overlook them?

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Imperial Pontic reform, Koinon Hellenon congress reform, Numidian settled reform, Saka reform, Nabatean settled reform, Sauromatian Hellenised reform and I'm probably missing others...

The heart of evil, to some known as Moscow

Someone mentioned a Pergamene reform elsewhere as well.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ip-and-Galatia

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Nabataea have a eastern settled reform and hellenistic reform. The latter lacks the unit upgrades they will receive in the distant future.

Saba have a sort of mini reform as well, having the option to become more centralized and allowing to expand the recruitment of royal troops to some additional provinces.

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Nabataea have a eastern settled reform and hellenistic reform. The latter lacks the unit upgrades they will receive in the distant future.
    Does this also mean that they get typical Hellenic units like phalanx and Hetairoi as factional units?
    Last edited by Bambi; 09-08-2014 at 00:12.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
    Does this also mean that they get typical Hellenic units like phalanx and heteroi as factional units?
    They will get hellenistic troops, but mostly of the late fashion. They will have a variety of standard hellenistic units as factionals, such as thureophoroi, machairophoroi,... And certain unique hellenistic styled units ( at least royal infantry and Nabataean hetairoi). The latter are of lower priority and not yet modelled. As we focus on the earlier units first. (The highest priority units for them that are still to be made are camel archers). Not sure what the exact extent of the hellenistic reform at this moment is. But at least the Thureophoroi have a unique set of skins already made.

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post

Saba have a sort of mini reform as well, having the option to become more centralized and allowing to expand the recruitment of royal troops to some additional provinces.
    What's the eastern settled reform do? Add more varied units? How do you trigger it exactly. Same goes for Hayastan, I can't really get into a faction if I think it's roster is incomplete, but I'm really interested in their history as of late.

Also, is there a reason why their capital is a camp and not a city? Is there a way to change this?(Possibly being part of the reform, I suppose)
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Just had the germanic late reform no notification in game yet though. I remember from EB1 that you would get some charcoiled, forest stalking badasses. Now you get better, upgraded unit versions which I like but I would prefer to have more prerequisites other than just waiting ~130 turns. For example having fought both gallic factions + romans in at least one large battle. Or certain amount of settlements or whatever. Just an idea.

Yes i agree, IMO most reforms should require some specific things, though not necessary these need to be to play large battles against a faction, but other stuff such as developping your faction, building ports... like the Casse reform in EB1, than just waiting a number of turns.