Thread: Where art thou crash log?

Default Where art thou crash log?

Much as the title suggests, where are the crash logs kept for EB2? Looking in the cfg file (in the EB2 folder) reveals this.

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * trace

Saying (I assume) that the log folder exists in the main Med2 directory or the EB2 directory inside a file named as above. However I posses neither of these folders in either directories.

So...just create the folders (and file) manually?

I'm going to do a little bit of shameless self promotion here: check out my Sweboz AAR for EB2 (alas discontinued)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...irst-among-Men

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Where art thou crash log?

Moving thread to tech help forum
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

It should go into M2TW/logs, but if it's not there there, chances are you installed under Program Files, which comes with a number of weird misbehaviours and could contribute to the crashes you are getting. If you really don't want to move your installation, you can modify that setting in the cfg file to for example C:\temp\M2TW.log, to get the log written outside the game folder.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Member thankful for this post:

Thanks for the reply, but I have installed in Program Filesx86. My crashes are resulting from me messing with the descr_strat files, trying to add a new starting character to the Sweboz. I will try an add an external file to see if I can get the error log written out, in either the temp folder or in M2TW file.

I'm going to do a little bit of shameless self promotion here: check out my Sweboz AAR for EB2 (alas discontinued)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...irst-among-Men

I just had a CTD error after a night battle and pressing continue to keep playing but after i killed last guy i got a CTD and i cant find the CRASH LOG its not in the logs folder im playing via steam

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I've changed mine recently to use the subfolder for EBII (from the EBII.cfg):

Code:
    [log] 
    to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt 
    level = * trace
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Member thankful for this post: