Thread: how can i replace some of the music? - Campaign and Battle

Default how can i replace some of the music? - Campaign and Battle

When i want to replace some of the music is it really simple as that: replace the relevant tracks in the EBII\data\sounds\music folder and the same in the descr_sounds_music.txt? ..however, with keeping the names, so that they would be recognized as e.g. Western Greek.?
    Or do i have to change somewhere else something that this will work?

I always loved the eastern and nomadic Music in EB1 and now playing as Pergamon i was delighted with the new track for the western Greeks: "juno protect you". ..and i found some other nice tracks in the folder too - not for the western Greeks though.
    But to be honest the other western Greek music i really would like to replace. ..for now, with some tracks of Vangelis Alexander Soundtrack. esp. the Battle music there i found great.

and to have some more variety - can i just add some more Tracks for the Campaign Map. ..now for the Western Greeks there are four tracks listed in descr_sounds_music.txt. Is there some limitation - 'cause nowhere i found more than four tracks for it.

is there some recommended limitation for the music tracks in size also? ...i have the chosen new tracks in mp3 but they are mostly bigger in size than the original EB tracks. for instance the great "the drums of gaugamela" track for battle has about 8MB.

thanks,
    Kleitos

Default Re: how can i replace some of the music? - Campaign and Battle

Well i replaced now just for testing it, some music tracks like described above in first passage.
    i.e. in the EBII\data\sounds\music folder and the same in the descr_sounds_music.txt.

For Western Greeks and only for Campaign just to see if it works. But no effect at all. I mean, with replacing three of the music tracks with my own i deleted them out of the music folder and still the old (disturbing) Western Greek tracks are to hear when playing the Game. ..i wonder how can that be.?

i really would be thankful if someone knows what i have to change else to make this work.

Kleitos

Got this in TWC
    Quote Originally Posted by dalapto View Post
    To change the songs or music,
    1. Rename the song (or you could add the new song to music folder and change the faction music in the text file "descr_sounds_music") and place it in the EBII\data\sounds\music folder.
    2. Delete the events.idx, events.dat & music.idx, music.dat in the EBII\data\sounds folder.
    3. Run the game and the files should be regenerated with the new music.

You should also make sure that Virtual Store for M2TW is disabled or else that'll screw it up as well.
    If it still doesn't work I could do it for you, but it should be simple enough.

Member thankful for this post:

Wulfburk - you made my day

..never searched in the TWC forum - it works perfectly like this, according to the first three steps.
    Virtual Store (dont know what that is) seems to be relevant only for the OS from Vista upwards. i still have XP - so dont have to worry 'bout that.

now i can also add "The Drums of Gaugamela" for the Battle map - often thought with EB1 already it should be nice to have this music available for some epic battle.

..its fun now to be able to make some personal "fine tuning" for the sound background of this great Mod.

thank you very much,
    Kleitos