Thread: [Suggestion] Romani - Imperium

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [Suggestion] Romani - Imperium

While this might not be entirely, technically "realistic", I propose this : After a character becomes Consul for the first time, grant him permanent Imperium.
    Let's face it, 8 turns of Imperium is nothing for any sort of campaign in the actual game. Even sieging one province really close to Rome, if you want to starve them out it's a miracle your Consular army's commander still has Imperium by the time the settlement starves out or they sally out in desperation, which is really quite silly.

It might not be entirely historical in a way, but at the same time it makes a lot of sense. Proconsuls were the oldest, most esteemed veterans of politics and likely Roman warfare. They're meant to be trusted to govern Provinces for long periods (sometimes many years), and serve as Generals for a lengthy campaign if need be, it's not functional to cycle a Consul with an ex Consul in the middle of a campaign. I do love the idea of Imperium, the immersion it gives and the whole Cursus Honorum going on and the bonuses you get and its rewards for taking the hassle of cycling your Generals back to Rome and only having proper Imperium holding ones leading armies, I just think it should be given more practical thought.

Members thankful for this post (3):