Thread: E/NTW Shivering with Fear: Naval Action

Default E/NTW Shivering with Fear: Naval Action

I didn't manage to find a thread about Naval Action, so here you go:

Game-Labs, the same company which produced the Gettysbourg game of Darth Vader, is also responsible for the Naval Action, a sandbox strategy game, exclusively dedicated to the naval warfare of the 18th century:

I noticed a couple of weaknesses [the rammed (!) ships are sinking too quickly], but it generally seems promising.
    I definitely hope that it will portray naval tactics much better than the abomination, called Empire Total War, where all the sides were applying Nelson's strategy with chaotic consequences.

I read, in their official forums, that a considerable variety of naval powers will be included, from France and the Ottoman Empire to Denmark and the Netherlans.

Official site: http://www.navalaction.com/#ageofsail
    Being given that the Artificial Intelligence of Gettysbourg is cleverer than me, and I am cleverer than the Artificial Intelligence of Total War, I hope the enemy ships will provide quite a challenge.
    Last edited by Crandar; 10-26-2014 at 16:13.

Member thankful for this post:

Vuk 

Default Re: E/NTW Shivering with Fear: Naval Action

You know, I have never played the Darth Mod. I just may.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Somehow I find the effects disturbing, maybe because they are not worthy of the nicely textured ship models and don't make it much easier to see where the cannonballs actually went IMO.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Υes, the graphics concerning the damage caused by the cannonballs were dfinitely inferior to the rest. It definitely leaves a bad impression.

Really? I thought it looked pretty good. @Crandar, is that the Black Adder 3 and Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister you have as a photo? They were two of my favorite TV series of all time.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    @Crandar, is that the Black Adder 3 and Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister you have as a photo? They were two of my favorite TV series of all time.
    Indeed, they are, old cheese. My profile picture is a fusion of my avatar and signature in Total War Center, which portray my favourite sitcoms.
    Actually, I also do consider the "Yes, (Prime) Minister" as a masterpiece, the funniest thing I have ever watched.

Vuk 

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    Indeed, they are, old cheese. My profile picture is a fusion of my avatar and signature in Total War Center, which portray my favourite sitcoms.
    Actually, I also do consider the "Yes, (Prime) Minister" as a masterpiece, the funniest thing I have ever watched.
    Yes, agreed. A true high-brow comedy that had class and subtlety, but was biting in its satire.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Been casually following for a while. It looks great.

I'm curious to know more about the technology behind the game, the open world etc.