Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RIP Horetore

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Horetore Moments

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    So write your own? I dont know, I liked that one.

Also is Paypal a good medium for donations?
    Not for me.

'Who were you really, I do not know, and I will never do. You can never touch the same river twice.'

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Not for me.
    PM me for a possible alternate way of paying? Im not really sure to be honest if you cant do paypal.

As for everyone else who can do paypal, PM me if you want to give and I will send you my paypal info over PM.

EDIT: as I said before, the plaque costs $50, and anything else I get will be donated to charity.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 12-04-2014 at 21:38.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

RIP Erik

Coming back here and seeing this thread it is hard to find any appropriate words...

Members thankful for this post (2):

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

RIP
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Members thankful for this post (6):

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Sad to see this as your most recent post, Kukri, but glad you still swing by from time to time.

Best wishes and give that spouse of yours a hug.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Hey
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Sh*t.. just seen this. F***.

RIP HoreTore. You were one of the few on here with both a functioning brain, and a willingness to engage it.

Hi Kukri.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Wow, that is weird. I don't remember much about him, but it is sad to see a fellow Orgah pass. RIP
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
    RIP HoreTore. You were one of the few on here with both a functioning brain, and a willingness to engage it.
    That's your way of saying that you agreed with him, as it isn't about you.

I always enjoyed watching his arguments. Damn shame.

RIP. Condolences to his family.

Beskar 

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

I rarely visit these days and was shocked to see this news on the front page. I am so sad to discover that HoreTore (Erik) has been taken in such abrupt circumstances and at such a very young age. I shall mourn him.

He added lustre and colour to this forum with the strength of his convictions and his evident devotion to teaching. As others have written, the vocation of teacher is one that should attract passion and strong beliefs, so that young minds can challenge themselves and the learning with which they are presented. HoreTore seemed to me to be a man who honoured both his students and this forum with the opportunity to learn.

I offer my condolences to those of you who knew him in real life. His family and you will be in my thoughts.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Members thankful for this post (7):

+ Show/Hide List

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

My condolences.

Every time we lose someone, a unique part of our lives changes forever. Our community is in a state of constant change, but when someone leaves us this way, the change is especially hard.

As a fellow non-believer, I don't think HoreTore is anywhere now except here in our memories. Such an idea is very difficult for many to accept, and even take offense to the notion.

But, life is full of challenges, one of them being the acceptance of uncomfortable things we wish weren't true. It's harder to let go of someone when confronted with the idea that we won't meet again, even if we were promised by many that there's a meeting place somewhere out there in the future for all the departed to meet us again.

Loss is difficult to accept, and it even feels like a betrayal of someone's memory to allow oneself to accept it.

Consider that this time we have is the only time we have, and how precious that makes our time together. That our decisions have consequences that can't be undone, that we have to live with mistakes, and have to accept losses as permanent. As hard as it is, it might make you realize that, for someone like me, that makes the time we spend together, however much or however little it may be, to be the most precious time I will ever have, and that I only have so much of it. And that I'd rather spend it with you.

I hope that thought is actually something comforting and wonderful to you, and you do not take offense.

Love you guys. RIP HoreTore, or, let us all remember HoreTore in our kindest thoughts. Whichever fits your beliefs.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-19-2014 at 19:20.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

From the days I was active here in the Backroom, HoreTore was one of the most entertaining characters to witness debating the various topics. His ideas and methods of debate were always things that for different reasons constantly put a smile on my face.

It is a sad day for all of us that he has passed. We can only hope that the org itself, and we on our personal lives, can find people of the caliber and integrity of HoreTore.

Rest in Peace.
    BLARGH!

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Very saddened to hear of HoreTore's passing. I suspect he wouldn't want a lot of hand wringing and emotionalism.....

Too bad. Mourning is for the living. Always sad to see somebody cut down in the prime of life. Praying for his family and friends, that they receive stength to move forward.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

1000 post member club Member Quid's Avatar

This is a sad day indeed. As I am not terribly active any longer in this forum, I have missed the passing of a great contributer. Being a teacher myself, I can only imagine the loss his students must feel.

My condolences to all who have known him; to his friends and his family.

RIP
    ...for it is revenge I seek...

Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war
    Juleus Ceasar, Shakespear

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Been gone a very long time and saw this...
    Very sad. Had many debates with him and some wonderfully horrible hurled insults from both sides that of course deep down we enjoyed.
    RIP worthy young man. Cannot understand the reason to be cut down at such a prime age. Life is precarious and balances on the thinnest of threads.
    RIP Tosa

Members thankful for this post (4):

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

Hey yeah, sorry i'm late for this too, but my sincerest condolences. Gonna miss you Horetore.
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

Husar 

This is so shocking. I haven't been on in a while and to come back to find this. I always thought he was quite young, like early thirties or something?
    RIP. From what little I gleaned he was a kind person who liked helping those in need. He'll be missed.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's strange...

I rarely agreed with Horetore, even more rarely interacted with him directly. He was passionate about views that I did not understand and did not agree with. As a fairly sheltered, white, christian, middle class child, I didn't consider a lot of the issues that he pursued. As I mellowed out, I ceased my general backroom activities, although I still read from time to time. I did not know he was a teacher. I don't know if you're out there, Horetore, but even though we likely had little in common belief and you almost never directly interacted with me, you did teach me. The wonderful thing about the org is that I learned so much from people without them intending to teach. The .org is a true melting pot, with people from different countries, different beliefs, different cultures coming together with only the faintest of bonds, but forging new ones with each other as we discover so much.

I hope you find comfort, Horetore, if you're out there somewhere. I hope your friends and family do as well. Death at such a young age is an tragic experience for anyone involved.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Very sad indeed. RIP Erik.
    "What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: RIP Horetore

I was able to visit Erik's grave today. His older sister met me in the nearby town and we spent most of the afternoon by the grave, talking and sharing stories about Erik. I told her how much of an impact that he made on all of us here, and how amazing it was to see all the nice comments about him. She was very touched by this. It was an emotional afternoon to say the least. So thank you to all who donated, and may Erik's memory be a blessing for us all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422888376.737254.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	14919
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (18):

+ Show/Hide List

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A nice picture.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

RIP Horetore

I do enjoy that his name was Erik Hole Lover, I wonder if he enjoyed this fact in life?
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 05-05-2015 at 02:30.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345