Thread: Why is the danger of fake weapons ignored?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why is the danger of fake weapons ignored?

I don't know what to think of this... Apart from the Fergusson (sp?) case, a 12 year old were just shot.

Again, he had a soft airgun with the safety label removed.

None of the people shot thought it MIGHT, just MIGHT, be a bad idea to swing weapons around among people, or not at once surrender when police shows up.

Heck, the policemen want to get home to their families... You don't joke around with weapons around them, unless you want to be shot and killed.

Are these people effin morons, or what is happening?

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Why are black people running around with fake weapons?

Twelve year olds KNOW it is a toy and that they are just playing, so they don't worry about such things. Parents generally aren't aware that their kid is out playing with something that might look too real to a tense police officer. Sad.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Twelve year olds KNOW it is a toy and that they are just playing, so they don't worry about such things. Parents generally aren't aware that their kid is out playing with something that might look too real to a tense police officer. Sad.
    It's definitely a tragedy...

REGARDLESS though, when I was 12 I was into RPGs, and one day were on my way to a live with a crossbow...

Police came, and I at once turned around and put my hands around my head. I understood it was a tense situation, and acted accordingly. Don't blame this on the kid being "only" 12, good parenting includes respect for the police.

Specially when the kid had a gun with the safety label removed... I mean geez...

I have a theater knife at home, where the blade goes into the handle when you stab... Do you think I would approach a policeman with it, as I "knew I didn't have a weapon?".

This seems like a systematical error, but these 2 examples in a short timespan rather shows that the problem is with the black society, not the police.
    Last edited by Kadagar_AV; 11-27-2014 at 00:19.

BTW, could we change the title to "12 year old" instead of black person?

I connected it with a similar case, but it wasn't in the USA. My bad.

This is my point...

I messed up the thread start... Would be lovely if some mod could remove the thread altogether...

I have an important topic in mind, but this was a ill formulated...
    Last edited by Kadagar_AV; 11-27-2014 at 06:53.