Thread: Hatred.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Default Hatred.

So, I stopped following this forum since it moves too fast for me. I wanted to introduce this thread because I was curious about different perspectives on this issue. This forum has a healthy mix of Americans on one hand and the rest of the world on the other. I'm just going to copy paste what I posted on Mobius. I can't be bothered rewording my own words.

"So, many of you might have heard of this game. This is the game the media have been waiting to go ape-shit over. The premise of the game? Just kill every single civilian you see. A lot of gamers are hating on the game, saying it's gone too far. Others are ecstatic, and can't wait to play. I, on the other hand, am not ecstatic. But it doesn't mean I won't give it a shot.

My take on video games affecting people is this. Video games should NOT dictate the way someone should live their life. It's a story, or an experience, something competitive or something to pass the time. In this case, the story is very minimal, it's a very intense and hardcore experience. But I can imagine that this game could be difficult (it's a sadistic horde mode), but is something that you can easily waste time on. A lot of people are calling this game pathetic, and that due to the lack of story, makes it meaningless. When I play a game, I like to give the character a story. This game allows that.

I'm curious about your thoughts on this game, especially from a group of people who don't seem to play shooters too often."

Here is the gameplay trailer. NSFW
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Beskar; 12-07-2014 at 13:02.