Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age Inquisition

Default Dragon Age Inquisition

E3 trailer.
    (I was going, "I know that voice! I know that voice!" as soon as it started)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It's Morrigan! But what have they done to her! She actually looks a little, Flemeth-y

The trailer somehow reminds me of the Witcher II Trailer from Gamespot. Luckily Bioware cinematic trailers are not indicative of their games. They can learn from the Witcher, best not to copy it though.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: Dragon Age Inquisition

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    They can learn from the Witcher, best not to copy it though.
    I'll be the one to say the obvious thing, better than copying from DA2.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

So this means we'll finally have a sequel to Origins?

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!

I think so.

I heard that the game is being advertised as, from the creators of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age Origins, which means DAII is getting the embarrassing-cousin-at-a-party treatment. Being ignored.

Member thankful for this post:

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, the Chantry did play a big part in DA2, so being ignored is most likely not the right answer. It is probably more focused on DA:O, hopefully, however.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Too bad it's EA. I'm boycotting them for the indefinite future.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Disagree. Probably the only major RPG I couldn't be arsed to complete in the last 10-15 years. I don't think I even got close to completion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Disagree. Probably the only major RPG I couldn't be arsed to complete in the last 10-15 years. I don't think I even got close to completion.
    I think you should, some of the characters were enough to salvage the game, IMO.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

In the latest news gamers will finally get a resolution to the choice they made in Origins, namely whether or not they partook in the Dark Ritual with Morrigan.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

At this point I'm too far out of the series to care.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    At this point I'm too far out of the series to care.
    Hey there's still another year till it comes out so you have plenty of time to finish a few complete and perfect games of DAO to get back in the mood. And maybe another game of DA2, just for the sake of getting that personalised save file to import into DAI.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Playing movie is too hard for failPad

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Playing movie is too hard for failPad
    I could not find any iPad friendly trailers.
    BTW I thought that thing was quite powerful? You cannot play Youtube videos?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    I could not find any iPad friendly trailers.
    BTW I thought that thing was quite powerful? You cannot play Youtube videos?
    That thing goes to lower depths than a reversed Mount-Everest. I am going to ritually burn it once I get a new tablet. One that works.
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-29-2013 at 11:59.

Big news coming up! DAI will have multiple playable races.

Link
    The third installment of the Dragon Age franchise casts players as the head of the Inquisition, a recently resurrected organization charged with rooting out corruption and evil in the land of Thedas. As the game begins, the Inquisition has plenty to investigate. War, scheming, and political strife have left the major power groups in the Dragon Age universe unable to operate effectively, which is a problem when a hole opens in the sky and demons begin pouring out. Players must fight back against the demonic threat while exploring a vast world and consolidating power for the growing Inquisition. Large and varied environments, customizable armor, and the return of multiple player races are just a few of the ways BioWare is addressing feedback from previous titles in order to shape a new future for the franchise.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. The E3 trailer provided more questions than answers for fans, and we have a whole month of exclusive features lined up covering everything from combat to character creation. To see what's in store, watch the coverage trailer below.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Hell. It's about time.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Oh yay! Dragon Age III confirmed to have features present in Dragon Age: Origins!

I am so excite.

Also the Inquisition seems almost like a slightly different-flavored rehash of the Grey Warden concept. I expected them to be more in line with the Chantry and Templar ideology, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I'd say it's about time for some real information that is not the equivalent of "we want to pretend DAII never existed".
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

They also have mounts this time around.
    Video has some per alpha gameplay footage. Mounts at 0:53.

Members thankful for this post (2):

The Game Informer article has some nice revelations about the game that are making me feel hopeful about it.

Combat will be part way between DAO and DAII. It will be tactical, but it will still include the quick responsiveness of DAII. Enemies will work in tandem using tactics and utilising the surroundings with an advanced AI. Being aware of your surroundings will be key to success. As a specific example, fighting an armoured high dragon, player will be able to bash its armour off, then use a rogue to poison its unarmoured leg, and go all in when it stumbles and falls.
    Environments are large, open and unique. It won't be an open world game like Skyrim, but ever hub will be a large location in itself.
    The story progress is controlled by the Inquisitor needing to amass a certain amount of power for the Inquisition. Until certain specific power thresholds are reached (by completing quests) the story won't advance beyond set points.
    Environments will be a lot more interactive thanks to the Frostbite 3 engine.
    PC version might get a more tailored control scheme, but zooming out the camera as much as DAO might still not be present.
    A Mass Effect 3 style multiplayer might be included (speculation)
    There will be more to mounts than just riding them around.
    Leliana and Cullen are likely to return. Morrigan will have considerable involvement but won't be a companion.
    There is some central force behind all that is going wrong in the world, and the biggest objective of the Inquisition, besides dealing with the tear in the sky, would be to find out and unmask this individual. (My money says it's going to be Flemeth)
    Player characters will be able to craft and customise armour from material found in the game world. Companions will have customisable armour while still retaining their iconic looks.
    Some mysteries like the nature of Red Lyrium, the activities of the Grey Wardens, and the nature of the witch Flemeth, and the fate of Morrigan will be clarified to a certain extent.
    Decisions will have visible impacts.
    The new combat system sounds good. As does the armour crafting and the fact that they intend to solve old mysteries.
    It looks like they are really going back to the best things of the first game. The Inquisitor might end up being Warden 2.0 only cooler and more bad.

If this doesn't reaffirm your faith in DAI nothing ever will.

The Qunari have been confirmed as a playable race.

Edit:
    Also the tactical camera with full zooming out abilities is back.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 09-01-2013 at 18:38.

Monk 

Blog Entries

Do they still have the guys who made mass effect 3's ending suck on payroll?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Do they still have the guys who made mass effect 3's ending suck on payroll?
    Casey Hudson is not working on Inquisition.

Gameplay videos.
    (some content overlaps)

The videos shows some dialogue and how the new paraphrasing works. Important decisions will have a special indicator explaining what you're about to do, besides the selection wheel. This can be turned off.
    Health will no longer regenerate and you will be able to carry fewer health potions.
    Caves are scattered throughout the landscape and can be entered without loading screens. Probably similar to the system in The Witcher 2.
    The graphics and animation obviously are much better.

Members thankful for this post (2):

So, two more days till this is released, and then I could have been playing this. Apart from the fact that EA sent me an email that my preorder had been cancelled since the game will not be available in my country. On a bit of digging I found out that this is because of, of all the things, the anti homosexuality law passed by the government a while back. I always knew the bloody will find some new way to screw me over. It's like every import law the government has ever made was made to make me unhappy.
    Anyway. Ordinarily in such circumstances I would give a big middle finger to both EA and the Gov and go a yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. But the buzz is that DAI has an anti tampering measure on the exe which will most probably make it a hard nut to crack.
    So I'm planning to buy a key and obtain preload files from one of the above mentioned sources. Far as I can make out this will allow me to play the game without any serious issues. The thing is I don't know any good website to buy the keys from.
    G2A seems to come up on the top and the Russian version is available pretty cheap. Long as I get the correct language files I don't think it will be a problem. I'll be grateful for any suggestions/ ideas.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 11-16-2014 at 18:59.

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

Finished it. Good game, worth of the value.
    Just wonder how much time I (my character) will have to have sex before Cassy get pregnant, or, in the case of my female avatar, when she will get pregnant.
    Any way, great story line, and no, DA 2 was not left aside. Great idea to have the possibility to tailor DA Origins (and DLC). Hopefully we will have same for Mass Effect 4.
    End of the game is an opening one (they learned their lesson from MS3) so no outrage for death of characters and new possiblities to see former characters to come back, as a lot of issued are still pending.
    I enjoyed it, and still do with new characters.
    Now waiting for DLC. In waiting, killing the last dragons...
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Thanks for circling back, might pick this one up when it hits 20 bucks and see if it actually was all that (I strongly suspect not).

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

Took me 110 hours solid to complete it, but I over did it. Too high level at the end, so not really a challenge, but, well, it is how I did it. Left no stones un-turned (well, one, because I didn't find to unlock it). Well, not really, in fact I would have to make a choice I knew I didn't want to do, so...
    Last edited by Brenus; 02-04-2015 at 22:24.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Quote Originally Posted by Brenus View Post
    Took me 110 hours solid to complete it, but I over did it. Too high level at the end, so not really a challenge, but, well, it is how I did it. Left no stones un-turned (well, one, because I didn't find to unlock it). Well, not really, in fact I would have to make a choice I knew I didn't want to do, so...
    I gave up on my first warrior playthrough at 124 hours in tired of melee combat and the all the useless collectibles. Finished a second mage play through within 70 hours. Skipped all the dull filler. Next I go back to the game will be when they release some story DLC.
    Which is sad because even though I didn't like DA2 as much as DAO I finished it thrice. The series has gone downhill.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

I can't see ever playing any RPG more than once given all the other options either in terms of other games I can play or countless real life activities I could do instead.

And mind you I've tried, on a few occasions. Most recently with Divinity Original Sin and Valkyrie Chronicles, both of which I consider to be rather brilliant, and in both cases I never came close to making it through them again.

No regrets either, I've come to the conclusion I've no remote clue what the attraction would be in even trying.

Not to be captain obvious but to me it's been about first how engaging I find the story and second how much I enjoy the combat.
    Enjoying the story again depends on how interesting the characters are and how well the dialogue has been written /recorded.
    DAI has interesting characters but IMO they don't hold a candle to DAO. Somehow the whole 'feel' of the world has changed. And the less said about the combat the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast