Thread: Running Shogun under Windows 8.1

Default Running Shogun under Windows 8.1

I am trying to run the Shogun version from the eras collection on a Windows 8.1 notebook.

Installation finished without a problem, when I try to run the game it crashes just when the main menu is about to appear.

The same problem happened with the Medieval game (also from the eras), but I can run that game when I use a tool called DXWnd and follow the advice given in posts #6 and 7 of this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-compatibility

Unfortunately, using the same tool with the same settings for Shogun does not prevent the pre-menu crash there.

My hope is that someone computer-literate enough to understand the meaning of the various settings might be spend the time to find out whether this tool works for Shogun at all, and (if so) which settings are required.

Of course, any other advice on how to get Shogun to work under Windows 8.1 is also appreciated.

(I post this here because this forum seems more active than the tech support forum. Please feel free to move it whereever it's appropriate.)

Member thankful for this post:

drone 

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Running Shogun under Windows 8.1

Can't help you with Shogun, but thanks for making me aware of the Medieval work-around for Windows Crap8.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur