Thread: If Islam is the "Religion of Peace"....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default If Islam is the "Religion of Peace"....

So here is what I don't get.

If Islam is the Religion Of Peace... How come it is so misunderstood?

I have two nieces...

One of them is together with a muslim guy...

The other one is together with a buddhist guy...

I must honestly say I got bad vibes in the first place, and positive vibes in the latter case.

As it turns out though, this muslim guy is... Well... a ****ing awesome boyfriend-soon-to-be-husband.

He never drinks, he is totally cool, he respects me, he looks at her with the utmost love in his eyes... As my family situation is rather problematic, I have the role of the father figure to my nieces... And this muslim guy totally holds up to my standards.

Heck, I am glad they are together.

Anyway... as this muslim guy got her pregnant, it was time to take him out on a serious talk. You know the type: "I will support you 100% as long as you don't hurt her, but if you hurt her I will really really REALLY hurt you in a way you won't come back from ever".

Regardless... He more or less broke down in tears and started to talk about how hard it was for him, with his muslim friends... Because he was together with her.

They wouldn't tolerate that she was speaking out among men and shit... And he is now more or less a social outcast, because he choose to treat his girl like he does (with love).

I think my point is clear, but I will state it anyway... There is something rotten in Islam. The more I interact with people of that belief, the harder I get convinced.

That buddhist guy btw? He is shit... Smokes weed all day and will probably never get a proper job.

I guess my question is: When the hell will the west understand that Islam ISN'T just another religion... It's a fanatical sect that should be fought in each and every manner that we possibly can, for the betterment of mankind.

*I prefer to fight with knowledge and education rather than bombs though...*
    Last edited by Kadagar_AV; 02-26-2015 at 01:09.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Default Re: If Islam is the "Religion of Peace"....

Personally I don't care for labelling religions in either a positive way or a bad way.

Speaking strictly personally, I wouldn't adopt islam even if I developed a belief in a monotheistic god. I have a pretty entenched set of values that are at odds with the way islam has historically viewed things. Even so, there are people who share most of my values and who call themselves muslim because they feel cultural or historical ties with that religion. I'm perfectly fine with those people, and that's all that matters to me.

People should be judged as individuals and not by their group identities. Your buddhist example is a case in point. Furthermore I think people should generally refrain from telling adherents of a religion what their religion is all about. This covers President Obama's statement that IS is 'unislamic' and, on the other side, people who say islam is vile and that muslims are compelled to do X or Y because their holy texts command it.

A related issue is that some people who insist that islam as such is the problem, and that 'liberal muslims' are really just apostates who have pretty much abandoned their religion in all but name. It's like demanding that they chose between renouncing their religious identity or becoming fundamentalists who interpret scripture literally. Politicians are called politically correct wimps for saying comments like that are "unhelpful" but I think that pretty much nails it.

Members thankful for this post (5):

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    Personally I don't care for labelling religions in either a positive way or a bad way.

Speaking strictly personally, I wouldn't adopt islam even if I developed a belief in a monotheistic god. I have a pretty entenched set of values that are at odds with the way islam has historically viewed things. Even so, there are people who share most of my values and who call themselves muslim because they feel cultural or historical ties with that religion. I'm perfectly fine with those people, and that's all that matters to me.

People should be judged as individuals and not by their group identities. Your buddhist example is a case in point. Furthermore I think people should generally refrain from telling adherents of a religion what their religion is all about. This covers President Obama's statement that IS is 'unislamic' and, on the other side, people who say islam is vile and that muslims are compelled to do X or Y because their holy texts command it.

A related issue is that some people who insist that islam as such is the problem, and that 'liberal muslims' are really just apostates who have pretty much abandoned their religion in all but name. It's like demanding that they chose between renouncing their religious identity or becoming fundamentalists who interpret scripture literally. Politicians are called politically correct wimps for saying comments like that are "unhelpful" but I think that pretty much nails it.
    Well you'd be stupid then.

My question stands: How come that my muslim-soon-somewhat-brother-in-law get shunned for treating a Swedish woman as a woman should be treated?

Please, OH PLEASE, show me where in the Quran where this is wrong from a muslim perspective? I have this muslim guy broken up in tears, I am sure it would help him. It would help my family.

I ****in dare you to show one single tidbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    There are retarded fuckwits in the world. Some of them are religious.

Such a mystery.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Members thankful for this post (3):

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Religion of pieces everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Religion of pieces everywhere
    You should do public shows.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossLOPER View Post
    You should do public shows.
    Yeah I'm good.

Answer to the original question is easy though. There is the house of peace 'dar al islam'(muslim world) and the house of war, 'dar al harb' (the rest). So islam is not peace, peace is islam, in other words, there is peace if you submit to islam.
    Last edited by Fragony; 02-26-2015 at 07:15.

It concerns how attached someone is to his religion, not in what religion he believes.

If your niece's social and familiar environment was as devoted to christianity as his boyfriends' is to islamism, then she'd face the exact same problems.
    The problem with islamism is that a rather large number of people take it too seriously compared to the other religions.

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post

If Islam is the Religion Of Peace... How come it is so misunderstood?

I have two nieces...

One of them is together with a muslim guy...

The other one is together with a buddhist guy...

I must honestly say I got bad vibes in the first place, and positive vibes in the latter case.

As it turns out though, this muslim guy is... Well... a ****ing awesome boyfriend-soon-to-be-husband.

He never drinks, he is totally cool, he respects me, he looks at her with the utmost love in his eyes... As my family situation is rather problematic, I have the role of the father figure to my nieces... And this muslim guy totally holds up to my standards.

Heck, I am glad they are together.

Anyway... as this muslim guy got her pregnant, it was time to take him out on a serious talk. You know the type: "I will support you 100% as long as you don't hurt her, but if you hurt her I will really really REALLY hurt you in a way you won't come back from ever".

Regardless... He more or less broke down in tears and started to talk about how hard it was for him, with his muslim friends... Because he was together with her.

They wouldn't tolerate that she was speaking out among men and shit... And he is now more or less a social outcast, because he choose to treat his girl like he does (with love).

I think my point is clear, but I will state it anyway... There is something rotten in Islam. The more I interact with people of that belief, the harder I get convinced.

That buddhist guy btw? He is shit... Smokes weed all day and will probably never get a proper job.

I guess my question is: When the hell will the west understand that Islam ISN'T just another religion... It's a fanatical sect that should be fought in each and every manner that we possibly can, for the betterment of mankind.

*I prefer to fight with knowledge and education rather than bombs though...*
    I'm Muslim (also Arab), let me address this post. First of all, this guy is doing the right thing, maybe he is an outcast because the community he belongs to is an ethnic enclave and they prefer him not marrying a foreign girl? I have two wives, one finnish, the other canadian, and a daughter, divorced both, pay child support, and also support both ex-wives fully, even had a settlement where they walked with half of my wealth, guess what? we still love and support each other.

They have lived in a Muslim society since 2008, and frankly? not a peep about how they're being treated, which was with respect. I don't doubt for a minute society is full of jackasses though, misogynists don't associate with a religion, they exist in every society, and even in mine women speak up and fight for their rights.

I don't want to drag this into a religious debate though, i've seen the "but those ISIS folks follow a pure version of Islam" garbage alot, if you claim to know then you're either a Scholar of Some Repute (tm) or an idiot.
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

Member thankful for this post: