Thread: New Vid

Default New Vid

Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: New Vid

Im going to put my money on the roar at the end being a hint of a Warhammer game.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default 15 Years of Total War

15 years of Total War, 15 years of wonderful memories.

According to CA, about 4.8 billion battles have been waged in the last 15 years. Got to say, it's my favourite gaming series, and I've spent countless hours playing these games.

Wonderful memories, hoping for more great games
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 03-10-2015 at 23:33. Reason: Merged and duplicate video deleted
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Re: 15 Years of Total War

I'd be interesting in knowing how many of the crew are still around that made Rome 1 and MTW2.

I was thinking Warhammer too. I think that is really sad that they are moving away from historical games. (not that they were ever very historical)
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I dont think its such a bad thing that they are going to try out Warhammer. They arent moving permanently away from historical games from what I can tell, but a fantasy TW game I think would be a breath of fresh air into the series in my opinion.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

It's good to see two steps from hell getting work.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I agree with you Hooahguy. Throwing in a random fantasy based TW game every now and then would be awesome.

A) It will allow greater creativity at CA in balancing out the new factions and gameplay. This is especially true with non human based factions.
    B) It would be nice to see a map where I wasnt at least somewhat knowledgable where things are behind the fog of war. (I havent played Warhammer so it will be all new to me)
    C) It gives a break to their streak of historical based games and this break will only make me more excited for the next historically released game.

Sometimes its just nice to have change or else even great concepts get stale.
    Last edited by JeromeBaker; 03-11-2015 at 21:21.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

I think it stands a decent chance of pissing off a couple hardcore fan bases in one fell swoop. Warhammer crowd has a long history of diving into a very detailed world that I can pretty much guarantee you they will not be happy with the gloss it gets from CA. And those who look to the TW series for enacting a bit of their own history making, well we all know that's completely out the window on this title.

The only thing that saves it from a cliff is if whoever was at the core of creating a cohesive well executed vision for Shogun 2 resurfaces from wherever they've been hiding and re-takes the reigns for Warhammer.

If this ends up being another paint by numbers break off the modules to committees soulless Frankenstein like R2 GC then no one will be happy, least of all CA for doing it twice in a row.