Thread: 99 Agents and a Bitch Ain't One

Throwing stones from afar Member Cazbol's Avatar

Default 99 Agents and a Bitch Ain't One

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agents.PNG 
Views:	264 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	15022
    Recruitment played out like a zombie apocalypse.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: 99 Agents and a Bitch Ain't One

I have kinda the same issue, at a certain point it just gets ridiculous how many agents I have. They should have made it so after your limit when you convert an agent to your side they just disappear so you dont have five dozen agents running around.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I think this was a subtle unintended effect of mods and later campaigns going beyond the vanilla 1tpy. The characters don't live long enough for the "army of agents" in the GC. With 4tpy mods and campaigns however, an agent now lives 4 times as long, turn-wise. The agent force just keeps growing because the characters don't die off In my various IA campaigns, it usually got to where I was spending well over 50% of my turn just managing agents.

I've noticed in Attila they've dialed it back a bit, even though the vanilla GC is 4tpy. For one thing, there just aren't as many agents, for either player or AI...so there's not as many available to convert in the first place. Second, an agent's conversion ability doesn't unlock until relatively late in the skill tree, so only the older and more-developed characters can convert at all (which kinda makes sense).

Finally, 4tpy longevity is mitigated somewhat by the fact that characters (either agents or generals) don't quite live as long age-wise. R2 characters typically lived into their mid-sixties before one even started thinking about their impending demise by natural causes...and a general reaching 80 wasn't unheard of. Attila seems to have moved that general timeline forward about 10-12 years or so. Most of my generals/agents seem to be kicking the bucket in the 55-65 range.

All in all, seems a happy medium. 1tpy GC R2 gave us 50-60 turn characters (way too short)...but later 4tpy R2 gave us 200+ turns (hence the infinitely-growing agent mob). With Attila, we're looking at 140-160ish.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

I tend to have no problem playing settled factions as I do not have that many enemies simultaneously. Where I face a horde of agents is when I play as Huns, LOL (I do have 20+ enemies but that seems unavoidable with Huns).

The AI agents follow me around like pests wherever I go. I convert and kill a gzillion just to have them return a turn/two later.
    Last edited by Slaists; 04-06-2015 at 20:01.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

The shame of this besides the fact that we've brought it to CA's attention in the main forum every single week since launch and after countless patches they've continued to ignore it is, it would be so easy to address in a nearly countless number of ways.