Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Got EU Milk?

Default Re: Got EU Milk?

Greyblades, stop being so angry. Find a nice girl.

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    And end up angrier...
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Members thankful for this post (6):

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    And end up angrier...
    Don't ruin it for me....

Blog Entries

A person who points out flaws in others while excusing those same flaws in himself, the english word for that is hypocryte.
    A person who doesnt even realize those flaws in himself is an idiot.

Husar when you contested sargon's video I learnt many things but the greatest thing I learned I shouldnt post someone else's words to make your argument without doing enough research on the person to make sure thier words weren't going to make you look like an idiot. I thought that lesson from you was intentional.

Then you posted food babe's video. With a little Food babe is a manipulative shill who preys on the fears of idiots. As you have proven over the last 2 days you had no idea what an idiot presenting her words as fact made you look.

That's when realized you were either being a hypocrytic or an idiot. Or a hypocrytical idiot.

Good thing the lesson was already learned by then and I will be attempting to correct my flaws. Until I succeed I will be called a number of things and I will have to take it, I might give it out on occasion but I must take it otherwise I allow myself to be like you.

Delusion or not my belief in choice is the core of what lets me learn and move on, if I were to buy into predestination bullshit I would have been content to stay being the same breed of hypocrytical idiot you choose to be. There is no benefit Monty's theory could ever give us that would be worth seeing more people become so deluded.

I hope you realize that before you reach the point where change is impossible.

It's amazing how sleep, a walk and a long chat lets you properly work out your point. I should do that more.

I'm angry because I actually care about the things I am talking about. That anger is what drives me to improve myself and I am definitely not content with what I am.

There is logic in limiting the anger, to temper it with reason, but to cut it off completely would be giving up on the only thing I have found that drives me to action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Nono, whether she is not ignorant is speculation. What happened to in dubio pro reo?
    Ask the people who take accusations, like a video game wants players to "derive a perverse pleasure from desecrating the bodies of unsuspecting virtual female characters", seriously.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 04-28-2015 at 14:34.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

dude get over urself
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Husar 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    dude get over urself
    Ah, shutting down criticism with a pithy accusal of over self importance.

Considering that over reliance on deflection is a large part of what drove me away from the far left, I should have seen it coming. The far right do it too you know, it was why I became leftist in the first place, alas it turns out the horseshoe theory is depressingly accurate.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 04-28-2015 at 15:25.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    A person who points out flaws in others while excusing those same flaws in himself, the english word for that is hypocryte.
    A person who doesnt even realize those flaws in himself is an idiot.

Husar when you contested sargon's video I learnt many things but the greatest thing I learned I shouldnt post someone else's words to make your argument without doing enough research on the person to make sure thier words weren't going to make you look like an idiot. I thought that lesson from you was intentional.

Then you posted food babe's video. With a little Food babe is a manipulative shill who preys on the fears of idiots. As you have proven over the last 2 days you had no idea what an idiot presenting her words as fact made you look.

That's when realized you were either being a hypocrytic or an idiot. Or a hypocrytical idiot.

Good thing the lesson was already learned by then and I will be attempting to correct my flaws. Until I succeed I will be called a number of things and I will have to take it, I might give it out on occasion but I must take it otherwise I allow myself to be like you.

Delusion or not my belief in choice is the core of what lets me learn and move on, if I were to buy into predestination bullshit I would have been content to stay being the same breed of hypocrytical idiot you choose to be. There is no benefit Monty's theory could ever give us that would be worth seeing more people become so deluded.
    This is a really nice theory with a little flaw: I didn't post a video of the food babe.
    If you want to improve yourself and me, please go back and show me where I presented the food babe's words as facts.

If that is too TL;DR for you, you can start with post #100.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Blog Entries

Pfft!

I got food babe and kristina mixed up! Wow was I dumb! Damn!

Oh my sides.

Ahhhh... still, mixup aside, Ms Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram might not be the conwoman foodbabe, she's still a dumbass pushing pseudoscience for clicks who you should have not presented as credible source and expected us to take you seriously.

Also you're still a definite hypocrytice, maybe idiot, for using her to make your argument while criticising me for using sargon to do the same thing.

Should have stuck with Mark Hyman, I mean he does just echo someone else's work on a youtube channel for advertising revenue while not giving a link to said work for the viewer to check for themselves, but he's a lot less obvious than Ms Kristina "try my recepies" Carrillo-Bucaram.

Also, defending dumbass with predestination, still rubbish but I am less annoyed.
    I mean Ms kristina is still spreading misinformation but it's less lying for profit and more gullible parroting.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 04-28-2015 at 16:55.

expected us to take you seriously.
    One day you may get it. Hint: Post #20

Quote Originally Posted by myself
    But yes, a lot of people make a lot of money by selling milk, and even more serious people have their doubts about the benefits if one can look beyond Kristina.
    Can you explain to me where I'm saying it is a fact? I presented a number of people saying that milk is bad, I even made a remark in the original post that surely Forbes must be reliable, hinting at the idea that none of the previous examples seem particularly reliable.
    Yet you somehow got the idea that I'm taking this all as fact. If you look further in post #20 you will find that I also posted a link on a study that seemed to prove Kristina wrong:

Quote Originally Posted by myself
    So yeah, this study would both contradict Kristina in that all dairy products are bad just because milk is potentially bad/not good and it would explain why I love yogurt so much.
    You should be careful who you accuse of what if you do not read peoples' posts properly. I added Kristina to provoke exactly the reaction ACIN gave and to have some fun. I'm glad that you were laughing as well in the course of the discussion but now it is time to get back to reality.

Also you're still a definite hypocrytice, maybe idiot, for using her to make your argument while criticising me for using sargon to do the same thing.
    So you don't really believe that men are opressed and posted Sargon for the comedic value? I posted Kristina for a similar reason that I posted Davis Aurini to make that clear.

Should have stuck with Mark Hyman, I mean he does just echo someone else's work on a youtube channel for advertising revenue while not giving a link to said work for the viewer to check for themselves, but he's a lot less obvious than Ms Kristina "try my recepies" Carrillo-Bucaram.
    Quote from said post after Dr. Hyman:
    Quote Originally Posted by myself again *sigh*
    Well, Forbes would seem reliable, no?
    That was meant to show that I do not deem the stuff I posted before that as incredibly trustworthy, but maybe I should post that in really big letters next time.

I did not stick to either of them, I posted Forbes articles for the more reliable part. One of them also noted that the science on these issues isn't very clear and sometimes contradictory. And why did I say that I eat lots of dairy products if Kristina were somehow my trustworthy source on what to eat and drink? Is it so hard to look a little further than the first video I linked or did you already come with the idea that I'm an idiot and didn't want to let go of it?
    Last edited by Husar; 04-28-2015 at 17:12.

I'm angry because I actually care about the things I am talking about. That anger is what drives me to improve myself and I am definitely not content with what I am.

There is logic in limiting the anger, to temper it with reason, but to cut it off completely would be giving up on the only thing I have found that drives me to action.
    You don't care that much about this silly topic. If you do, you shouldn't. The anger doesn't drive you to do anything (except make embarrassing forum posts), it only masks depression and gives a false impression of energy and strength.

Blog Entries

'Snip'
    In retrospect, I do not care all that much that you are merely posting this stuff, though claiming a joke after the fact is the first line of the ass covering guide book...

I have been side tracked, Likely you were taking advantage of my anger to turn the argument into something you can actually win that sidetracked me, but angry I still was and stupid I have been.

The real issues are that you tried to use a science based predestination to excuse food babe's idiocy:

It's not her fault that the input her brain has received during her life has made it generate this output. Our conscious is merely an observer of the machine that is us. We cannot blame her, it wasn't her decision, it was the way the world shaped her.
    Strike 1: Science based idiocy. May be a joke, but reaction upon being it being called out indicates otherwise, it cant be proved, still isn't unexpected.

Then you got defensive when I dismissed your 111 post thread of intellectual masturbation.
    That's what the people say who believe god created the earth 7000 years ago. Or the ones who believe the earth is flat.
    Objecting to me doing to your source what you had done to mine?
    A few f-bombs in that one and I only watched the first four minutes.
    I think this asks for a really sophisticated philosopher who can tackle the gender issues in an intellectual way.

Strike 2: hypocracy. Unexpected and goddamn infuriating. Maybe joke? If so it was badly told and the teller should know better by now than to rely on tone based humor on text based communication. Unprovable either way.

You don't care that much about this silly topic. If you do, you shouldn't. The anger doesn't drive you to do anything (except make embarrassing forum posts), it only masks depression and gives a false impression of energy and strength.
    Firstly, yes I do care, every time I was wrong on this board I got the verbally equivilent of a bitchslap until I realized my errors, and with the persistance of the other board members in spite of my idiocy it worked.

Husar's making himself out to be hypocryte, I hate seeing people I used to like and respect show themselves to be so contemptable and if left unchallenged he will stay as he is, thus I am driven to do what worked on me. Whether it works is ultimately up to him, but I feel I must keep trying.

Secondly, anger at societal injustice had drove me to research enough into gamergate to actually talk about it with any degree of accuracy, right now it is driving me into getting a job to pay for a worthwhile degree after wasting 5 years of my life in a liberal echochamber on a wasted endeavour for a degree I didnt really want only to find out was truly worthless.

Now as has been shown if I let my anger overwhelm me I become sidetracked and my point becomes ruined, that is something I have to work on but while anger might drive me to mistakes it's actually driving me to places I actually want to be. I need to work out the kinks and turn that anger into reasonable passion andit is better I do it here, make embarrassing posts where it doesn't matter as much so I dont make them when it will actually make a difference.

I will work to lessen the anger but I will not completely give up what drives me to asuage soemone else's desire to avoid conflict.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 04-29-2015 at 10:23.

Firstly, yes I do care, every time I was wrong on this board I got the verbally equivilent of a bitchslap until I realized my errors, and with the persistance of the other board members in spite of my idiocy it worked.

Husar's making himself out to be hypocryte, I hate seeing people I used to like and respect show themselves to be so contemptable and if left unchallenged he will stay as he is, thus I am driven to do what worked on me. Whether it works is ultimately up to him, but I feel I must keep trying.
    Why must you hate people for simply believing in different ideas than you, or for being hypocrites? There is no audience here, this is an exercise in exposing yourself to different ideas and to expose others likewise. There are no debates on the internet, only replies until someone decides to log off.

Secondly, anger at societal injustice had drove me to research enough into gamergate to actually talk about it with any degree of accuracy, right now it is driving me into getting a job to pay for a worthwhile degree after wasting 5 years of my life in a liberal echochamber on a wasted endeavour for a degree I didnt really want only to find out was truly worthless.
    :(

Now as has been shown if I let my anger overwhelm me I become sidetracked and my point becomes ruined, that is something I have to work on but while anger might drive me to mistakes it's actually driving me to places I actually want to be. I need to work out the kinks and turn that anger into reasonable passion andit is better I do it here, make embarrassing posts where it doesn't matter as much so I dont make them when it will actually make a difference.
    If you say so.

I will work to lessen the anger but I will not completely give up what drives me to asuage soemone else's desire to avoid conflict.
    Anger is what young men mistake as self-confidence.

Blog Entries

Why must you hate people for simply believing in different ideas than you, or for being hypocrites? There is no audience here, this is an exercise in exposing yourself to different ideas and to expose others likewise. There are no debates on the internet, only replies until someone decides to log off.

Why must you hate people for simply believing in different ideas than you, or for being hypocrites?

I dont know, why must you hate freedom? Why must you keep beating your wife?

I hate when people attempt to suppress my own ideas through ridicule, misdriection and double standards. I have shown what Husar did and now you are smearing my reputation by implying that I "hate people for simply believing in different ideas."

Call me wrong, prove it if you can, but don't dismiss me out of hand and dont you dare try to slander me and expect me to accept it any more than you if I did the same to you.

I believe that hypocracy is in the viens of human discorse and I beleive every person in the world is so overexposed to it to the point that it happens automatically. I do indeed hate it and I want to change it in myself.

Will I fully succeed? Maybe not, but I will hate myself even more if I ever stop trying whenever I stumble.

Anger is what young men mistake as self-confidence.
    And pessimism is what old men mistake as wisdom.

I feel I cannot trust that the wider world will allow me to live my life uninterupted by oppression or war, nor do I feel that there anyone I can truly trust to act in my best interests while I live my life.

I have finally found something to care about that I am both interested in enough to act and isnt inherently unproductive, so while outright hostility is still unacceptable you will have to accept that I will resist your urgings to give up.

And keep your loaded questions to yourself next time. Hypocracy doesnt suit you any more than it does me or husar.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 04-29-2015 at 13:59.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Hussie has a very particular sense of humour, he redicules me all the time. You could also apreciate it when someone takes the time to redicule you.

Blog Entries

Then comes the questions:

Do they ridicule you because they think you are stupid?
    Do they ridicule you because they dont want to hear what you have to say?
    Do they ridicule you because they dont want others to hear what you have to say?

I dont think there is an all encompassing answer to those. Even when I was a hard liberal I felt like I have to judge on a case by case basis, only now I am less willing to rely on other people's opinion.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 04-29-2015 at 11:46.

Then comes the questions:

Do they ridicule you because they think you are stupid?
    Do they ridicule you because they dont want to hear what you have to say?
    Do they ridicule you because they dont want others to hear what you have to say?

I dont think there is an all encompassing answer to those. Even when I was a hard liberal I felt like I have to judge on a case by case basis, only now I am less willing to rely on other people's opinion.
    Best I can say is if you aren't into the joke you just aren't. You should relax a bit, deal with sarcasm as it deals with you, If people mock you they haven't given up on you.
    Last edited by Fragony; 04-29-2015 at 11:56.

In retrospect, I do not care all that much that you are merely posting this stuff, though claiming a joke after the fact is the first line of the ass covering guide book...
    The problem is that I post a whole lot of things just for fun. Such as these little girls with a nice song to calm you down:

Last edited by Husar; 04-29-2015 at 15:51.

I believe that hypocracy is in the viens of human discorse and I beleive every person in the world is so overexposed to it to the point that it happens automatically. I do indeed hate it and I want to change it in myself.
    I think the first statement makes the second (almost) impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    I think the first statement makes the second (almost) impossible.
    Which is why I said right after:

Will I fully succeed? Maybe not, but I will hate myself even more if I ever stop trying whenever I stumble.

Read this for me please Greyblades, the innuendo is obvious http://classiclit.about.com/library/...oe-descent.htm

I take it that you are intelligent enough to understand the metaphore, and what it really means alltogether.
    Last edited by Fragony; 04-29-2015 at 16:36.

Blog Entries

I take it that you are intelligent enough to understand the metaphore, and what it really means alltogether
    ...Maybe?

I have witnessed a lot of works and for each I have seen number of interpritations, each more contradictory, confusing and prejudice affirming than the last.

The only thing I have truly learned from my experiences is that it is impossible to predict what is expected when someone asks what a piece of work means.

Well, I learned that and that some teachers seem to have an almost obsessive need to contradict thier students.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 04-30-2015 at 18:45.

Jesus, when did you become so damn smug. Now I don't even want to visit my own thread.

...Maybe?

I have witnessed a lot of works and for each I have seen number of interpritations, each more contradictory, confusing and prejudice affirming than the last.

The only thing I have truly learned from my experiences is that it is impossible to predict what is expected when someone asks what a piece of work means.

Well, I learned that and that some teachers seem to have an almost obsessive need to contradict thier students.
    This one shouldn't be all that hard, the maelstrom is a slow but steady descention.

Blog Entries

Jesus, when did you become so damn smug. Now I don't even want to visit my own thread.
    Loaded question no.2 and ad homenim.

I wouldnt say smug, I'd say resentful. Whenever I notice my opposition seems more concerned with discrediting me personally rather than proving my position wrong it makes me angry, and throwing it back in the faces of those that would dismiss me is very satisfying.

When I see people who I regard highly start doing the same to me the anger is amplified and catharsism reduced.

Plus, your "concern for the young 'uns" is damn near indisinguishable to defeatism, which is itself easy to misinterprite as tall poppy syndrome/crab mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    This one shouldn't be all that hard, the maelstrom is a slow but steady descention.
    A decent into what? Time? Decay? Despair? Delusion?

The debris are beliefs/convictions, you enter the maelstrom (that I assume is reality) with no idea of what you are getting into or what you need to survive and if your starting beliefs prove detrimental to your survival you must let go and find another that will serve. If you cling to a wrong ideals you will be dragged down like the brother. There are some who wont let go you can try to persuade them but some simply cant be saved and to save yourself you must leave them behind.

Yet the fisherman doesnt grab a new ideal he merely latches to the part of the old one that can save him and detaches it from the rest of the ship, maybe that means there are some parts of every ideology that are worth keeping but they must be detached from the parts dragging you down?

Should I go on?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-01-2015 at 11:41.

An inivatable outcome once you get into it. Slowly but steadily getting to the centre that will drag you down. No ideoligy, no choices, none of them matter. Just slowly getting dragged down in what is inevatable once you are in it. It's a metaphore for sanity, not for the choisces you make or have made. If you don't mind me saying, you seem a bit adrift lately.
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-01-2015 at 11:39.

Blog Entries

Yet the fisherman escaped.

I've been adrift because I went a few days off my anti depressants, it happens every now and then that I forget, usually when I am actually interested in something, and withdrawl is neither pretty nor easy for me to notice.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-01-2015 at 12:07.

Yet the fisherman escaped.

I've been adrift because I went a few days off my anti depressants, it happens every now and then that I forget, and withdrawl is neither pretty nor easy for me to notice.
    Good luck, it ain't a cold. I sincerily wish you the best with dealing with it. Get some marihuana it really helped a friend of mine. It can also make things worse though.

Blog Entries

I think I will rely on the advice of my doctor, but thanks.

I regret my tone, but not my content. I might have come off my meds but I started this sane. People in general are way too reliant on peer pressure and discrediting the opposing speaker, it's a sign of weakness and insecurity in your beliefs if you avoid contention and rely on others to make your arguments for you. There are plenty of hypocrites in the world and on this board who can easily see in others what they are apparantly blind to in themselves.

I hate it when I see it and so now when I see it in myself I wish to change it, better change as much here through practice instead of out in the world where running from burned bridges is a large undertaking.

If your ideology or theory needs misdirection to gain followers its not worth acting upon, and you cant tell it's worth if turn away every challenger.

...Now I actually have to walk that talk.
    Crap.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-01-2015 at 13:19.

Stop the tough guy rhetoric, I don't think Hitler was insecure about his beliefs.

Blog Entries

No.

Also: Godwin.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-01-2015 at 13:24.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast