Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hear me out...

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Default Hear me out...

I need to get something of my chest. Some of you know, but most don't that my wife was pregnant and the baby was due in the second half of August. Unfortunately, she got diagnosed with pre-eclampsia, a very rare disorder, about 15 days ago and she was admitted into a hospital. Things got complicated rather quickly, her health was in grave danger, and doctors were forced to deliver that baby yesterday, after just 26 weeks. They didn't expect the baby to pull through. Miraculously, she did.

The not so good news is that she is in intensive care, in critical condition. I've been a member of this community for almost ten years, and consider many of you my friends, even though we often have different views on things. I've wanted to share my grief with you and to ask you to send a thought or say a prayer for my daughter, whatever you think may help. I don't care what, it's the intention that counts. I'm not a religious or a superstitious man, but an experience such as this can change a man.

We've already pulled off one miracle, but we need one more.

I'm not sure how often I'll be here in the immediate future, maybe I'll just come and post something totally unrelated in a different thread but I will read this thread and I will appreciate your support, even if I don't answer. Thank you.

Members thankful for this post (11):

+ Show/Hide List

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Default Re: Hear me out...

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, I hope and pray God keeps all three of you safe.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    I need to get something of my chest...
    Sorry to hear this bro. Best wishes to your wife and your baby. Don't lose hope.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

I wish the best for all your family, Sarmatian. Hopefully, everything will go well.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I wish you and your family only the best, we are all hoping everything will have a happy ending.

On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

the angry, angry elephantid Member wooly_mammoth's Avatar

Faith has nothing to do with it. Strong baby and good doctors made the difference, and they'll do it again!

At times like this I wish I was religious, so I could feel like I actually could do something...

*And no, I don't mean that in any bad way what so ever*

All I can say is... What a trauma you must be living through right now... I can not even begin to understand your uncertainty and anxiousness!!

My hope and thoughts go out to you and your family tonight and on, and regardless of the outcome I hope you will let us know.

Also don't hesitate to post about what happened regardless of the outcome, I will personally bash anyone who would write something stupid.

Godspeed, and ALL my best wishes mate.

Jag håller tummarna för dig och din familj!! *the meaning of that can't really be properly translated, but it generally means that I root and care*

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

It's been ages, but if you think it'll help, I'll pray.Wishing you, your wife and the little one all the best.If you want to talk, vent, need a distraction, whatever, then we're here for you.
    Last edited by Andres; 05-15-2015 at 23:01.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I don't pray but my thoughts are with you, I hope things will turn out fine.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Best wishes. Keep yourself healthy so you can look after your wife.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

All the best to you and your family.
    I hope it turns out well.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

You got it. All the best to you and your family. May the doctors, nurses and hospital staff all be on their "A" game with your wife and daughter.
    This space intentionally left blank

Hope everything turns out well, my thoughts are with you.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

All my thoughts and prayers go out for your family. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you all.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Best wishes to your family and strength for you all in order to pull through this ordeal.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Best wishes for you and your family. I hope everything will turn out well.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

May the technology and science that saved me be good for you and your family. Best wishes.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Members thankful for this post (2):

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

I will keep your daughter in my prayers.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Blimey mate that's heavy stuff. Being a father and a grandfather I know what you're going through. I was in a very similar situation 20 years ago. Keep your spirits up and support your wife. She'll need it. Take some time for yourself as well, you also need it.

I shall finish by saying that I wish health and happiness for you all at this time.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Thank you guys. I appreciate all your support.

Unfortunately, we didn't make it. She fought valiantly for 48 hours, but early this morning doctors gave us the sad news.

We're holding up, but it is hard. I've spent all this time comforting my wife, and now that she's asleep, I'm starting to feel how much it hurts me. To rob a baby of her future, it's the most terrible thing in the world. Thank you again for everything.

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

I'm sad to read this. You have my compassion, Sarmatian. Being a dad myself I'm having a glimpse on the magnitude of your loss, perhaps. For what it's worth, I'm sending some good thoughts.

Unfortunately, we didn't make it. She fought valiantly for 48 hours, but early this morning doctors gave us the sad news.

We're holding up, but it is hard. I've spent all this time comforting my wife, and now that she's asleep, I'm starting to feel how much it hurts me. To rob a baby of her future, it's the most terrible thing in the world. Thank you again for everything.
    Take care of your wife mate... Whatever YOU feel, she will probably feel it harder... Just keep that in mind...

This is when you have to step up as husband and be the rock to rely on... I hope she has good friends she can talk to, if not you will have to fill that job too...

I am extremely sorry for you mate. But this is really where you have to take a step back from your own feelings, and concentrate on your wifes.. I don't mean to sound cold hearted, but you are probably more able to be stabile than her, if I know you right from over the years...

My thoughts will go out to you today though, love from Sweden!!

Also, of course I am terribly sorry for your loss. F**K man!!

EDIT: Bear in mind that your wife will probably blame herself... That's fully normal... That is why I am so hardcore about looking after her. Don't let that thought fester in her mind!!

It will poison her forever if you let it root...
    Last edited by Kadagar_AV; 05-16-2015 at 13:25.

I am really sorry to hear that, Sarmatian. Losing a child is the worst thing that could happen to someone, so you and your wife have my sincere condolences. I truly hope that you will both manage to overcome the difficulties.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Really sorry for you, my condoleances. Can't say anything nor should I, my sympaties and good luck dealing with your loss.

That's tough, Sarmatian, I wish you and your wife lots of strength!

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

So sad mate, sorry for your loss.

I shall elaborate on my trouble 20 years ago. I too lost a baby daughter back then. It's one of, if not, the hardest thing to bear. You and your wife will need time to get used to this. There are organisations that can help you both. The hospital should be able to help there. You will need to support each other in this time of pain. It does help. So does crying a lot.

I shall stop there but if you need someone to talk too who knows what you're going through, please feel free to PM me and I shall do my utmost to help.

Again, my condolences.
    Last edited by InsaneApache; 05-16-2015 at 14:47.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Member thankful for this post:

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

That's terrible news. My condoleances and best wishes to you and your wife, Sarmatian.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

So terribly sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences, Sarmatian.

I'd hug you if I could.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Don’t cry
    Over the happy dead
    But weep for those
    who keep them.

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

My deepest condolences to you and your family.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast