Thread: Is it possible to lload up MTWVI without disk in drive.

Default Is it possible to lload up MTWVI without disk in drive.

I am wondering if there is way to load up MTWVI without the disk in drive.I know Activision likes this but how about CA?I do forget to take the disk out after I shut down my pc.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Is it possible to lload up MTWVI without disk in drive.

As far as I know, there is no legal way to do this. The old releases from Activision, through to the Sega Eras release, all require the disk to be in the drive. No GoG or Steam versions exist, probably due to the ownership labyrinth mess.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Yup its totally possible, and if you use/buy a "DLC"-version of MTW, I would imagine it is done without a disc somehow, as is the general idea with it.... And, supposedly all legal too... Should that actually matter...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 04-23-2015 at 00:55.

What do you mean by the DLC version?

Thanks.

A version you digitally download directly from a retailer... There was such versions of MTW around earlier - probably still are somewhere... I'm not keeping track...

- A

Thanks but I got the disk not the dlc version.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I always wondered - why did you need the disk inside, given that the game files were already copied to the HDD?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Copy protection, can't remember which one.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

It is usually an Activison thing what drone said.I know this being Star Trek gamer.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

A lot of the publishers did that back in the days, I remember Need for Speed as well requiring the disk inside.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    I always wondered - why did you need the disk inside, given that the game files were already copied to the HDD?
    The game files are copied, but not the disk has an authentication code to show that you have a genuine disk and not a pirated one. I've no idea how it works, or why the code doesn't get copied when the disk is pirated.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

I have 3 different MTW/VI versions: 1st ed. English, 1st ed. Polish and Polish Gold Ed. Only Polish Gold Ed. works without CD. I've lost my CD a long time ago but I still have the whole installed game directory zipped and I can run it on any PC. Changing localization txt files makes it English instantly. Maybe other Gold Editions work the same way?
    Last edited by Stazi; 05-25-2015 at 15:21.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.