Thread: Please help me get MTW running!

Default Please help me get MTW running!

So I've just installed MTW for Windows 7, but I am having absolutely awful luck getting it to run. With my NVidia GeForce 630M, the screen flickers unplayably. With my Intel integrated graphics, battle maps are distorted and don't render properly, and I crash when attempting to launch the campaign. Can someone please help me?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Please help me get MTW running!

You won't have any luck with the Intel graphics adapter, you will need to use the GeForce to get things working. For Win 7, try running the game in Win XP or 2000 compatibility mode. You should also install the button fix just on general principle, you can download it from here. If these don't work, you might have to tweak your nVidia driver settings. It is running though, not crashing?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Tried the button fix with no luck, thanks anyway! The game doesn't crash using my Nvidia graphics chip, but flickers so much that it's unplayable. What settings should I change in my drivers? Thanks! :)

Quote Originally Posted by samjp270 View Post
    should I change in my drivers? ...
    Yes, change your drivers (try some from 2011-2012)... That is probably your last shot before getting/trying new hardware (AMD) is the solution here...

- A

Where would I find these drivers? Can't find a download of them online, sorry! :)

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

This is mainly targeted for the older nVidia cards, but you can try to some of the settings vigilantevil altered in the Control Panel from this thread. Most of it will consist of turning off/down the anti-aliasing and texture filtering, but the Control Panel allows you to customize per program, so you aren't crippling your entire system just to get MTW to work.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

No luck unfortunately.