Alright so I'm new to this forum but I have a question about a particular type of error I'm receiving. I recently downloaded the mod "Atlantis Total War" (also known as Return of Atlantis). Most people seem to have gotten this mod working perfectly although there are a few others who seem to have the same crippling error. Basically, the mod for version 1.5 expands the map just westwards and makes a large island in the Atlantic. Atlantis is a new faction on the island with its own units which basically replaced Numidia (nobody plays as Numidia anyway). It is modfoldered and all of its components seem in order; there's no issue running it, playing custom battles or battles in the campaign, starting the campaign, or changing turns while playing.

However, when you try to save the game while in the campaign, you receive an immediate CTD. If you start the game again the save you made last time appears, but when you click on it the game gets stuck in the loading screen with the bar not filling up at all (according to task manager it stops responding.) This CTD error shows no show_err message and doesn't appear to be caused by any discrepancy in the descr_name and name.txt files (which is about the farthest extent of my modding knowledge). I messaged the mod creators about it but the guys said they had "no clue," although they had a "strong suspicion" it had to do with the character name files. Any idea what might be causing this CTD and how we can fix it? I repeat, this doesn't happen to everyone who downloads the mod, but it does happen to a lot.

Thanks